💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
event

Billboard 2019 year end list

HeavyCapiLover

Featured Posts

HeavyCapiLover

So Billboard revealed the ranking of the 100 most popular songs of the year. This list is purely mathematic so there's no reason to complain about any "preference" or "disrespect" from billboard. This is based on an addition of streaming + digital sales + radio + downloads and other characteristics. 

You can check it here :        https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.billboard.com/charts/2019/year-end&ved=2ahUKEwjMrq_L_6HmAhUlA2MBHeaOAgUQFjAAegQIBhAC&usg=AOvVaw3Q_wJy42D44PdBKMutUZ2N

Obviously Old town road is 1 (it spent 19 weeks at the top breaking the 1996 mariah carey record and 2017 despacito) followed by sunflower and without me (both songs had some of the longest run in the top 10 of all time).

Shallow is at 19, it went 1 and stayed 44 weeks in hot 100 but only 7 weeks in top 10, and it was released in 2018, so that's why it's not higher.

Overall the hot 100 was mostly dominated by pop and rap this year. A mix of what dominated the decade.

What do yall think of this year's list?

nenhures

TOP ARTISTS

37. Lady Gaga

TOP ARTISTS - FEMALE

8. Lady Gaga

TOP BILLBOARD 200 ARTISTS - FEMALE

7. Lady Gaga

DIGITAL SONG SALES ARTISTS

6. Lady Gaga

TOP DANCE/ELECTRONIC ARTISTS

4. Lady Gaga

TOP DANCE/ELECTRONIC ALBUMS

2. The Fame

TOP BILLBOARD 200 ALBUMS

3. ASIB

Jose P

Meh it could be worse. All in all a disappointing year for music but 2018 was worse. A tragic year for pop tho. Only Billie and Madonna delivered fully with the music, themes and visuals. You could say Ariana as well. Everyone else...tragic kim kardashian GIF

ASIB being Top 3 on the albums list tho. The power :bradley:

nenhures

Haven't listened to a lot of top 40 music this year so I can't give a concise opinion. I like some Lizzo, OTR and some of Billie's songs tho and of course ASIB being a smash doesn't hurt.

And The Fame continues to be THAT album.

Zander

The Fame at No.2 on Top Electronic/Dance albums. An album released back in 2008, is still doing that 11 years later. The power.

giphy.gif 

Above Chainsmokers at No.3 is something we definitely love to see.  :giggle:

HeavyCapiLover

I don't think that it's bad. Of course that's faaaaar fromm the iconic lists of the early 2010s but this year was surprising (and completly weird like wtf). Gaga had a a 1 with a non commercial song, ariana grande had her biggest hits, billie blew up, lizzo too, the jonas brothers came back after 6 years and had a 1 (who would have thought about that), a catchy country-rap song made by a 19 yo unknown gay raper and billy ray cyrus (which had just a few hits in the 1990s) was the most popular song, some nice ballads became popular and we didn't had that since a long time.

nenhures
4 minutes ago, HeavyCapiLover said:

I don't think that it's bad. Of course that's faaaaar fromm the iconic lists of the early 2010s but this year was surprising (and completly weird like wtf). Gaga had a a 1 with a non commercial song, ariana grande had her biggest hits, billie blew up, lizzo too, the jonas brothers came back after 6 years and had a 1 (who would have thought about that), a catchy country-rap song made by a 19 yo unknown gay raper and billy ray cyrus (which had just a few hits in the 1990s) was the most popular song, some nice ballads became popular and we didn't had that since a long time.

This was a really weird year for pop music but in a good way. We're starting to see more and more genre-bending stuff and the line between what is and isn't pop is getting harder and harder to draw. I feel like we tend to focus too much on the things we don't enjoy but this was truly a great decade for music and I honestly can't wait to hear what the 20s will bring us.

HeavyCapiLover
3 minutes ago, nenhures said:

This was a really weird year for pop music but in a good way. We're starting to see more and more genre-bending stuff and the line between what is and isn't pop is getting harder and harder to draw. I feel like we tend to focus too much on the things we don't enjoy but this was truly a great decade for music and I honestly can't wait to hear what the 20s will bring us.

This. We are going to miss this decade. The 20s are going to be ful of weirdness mixing genres just like it started to grow this year. It seems pretty logic to me.

18 hours ago, nenhures said:

TOP ARTISTS

37. Lady Gaga

TOP ARTISTS - FEMALE

8. Lady Gaga

TOP BILLBOARD 200 ARTISTS - FEMALE

7. Lady Gaga

DIGITAL SONG SALES ARTISTS

6. Lady Gaga

TOP DANCE/ELECTRONIC ARTISTS

4. Lady Gaga

TOP DANCE/ELECTRONIC ALBUMS