💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Jazz and Gaga

LilyLark

Featured Posts

LilyLark

I was checking out MetaCritic's album release date chart because I forgot when Tame Impala is dropping the new album, and I noticed that after the 13th (when Harry Styles and Stormzy) release, that the next few months are pretty dead except for Kesha and Halsey in January.

I know some of you hate Gaga's jazz and would throw a fit if she released a jazz album before LG6—but she'd probably easily snag another #1 if she released a jazz album on the 20th. People would buy it as a last minute Christmas gift, she and Tony have a wide enough appeal that people would play it at holiday parties, etc.  It probably wouldn't sell that much compared to "regular" music and non-covers or even C2C, because music gets kind of dead around this time (look at the points and the charts), but it would move enough copies for her to get the top spot.

Unless, of course, Adele finally drops her album.

giskardsb

A Gaga/Tony release now would burn up the sales charts.    I remember people thinking C2C would sell less than 10K copies lol.  I would expect a new release to outsell the first one, especially during the holiday period.

Edonis

Nah, I think it would've been teased already if something were coming that soon, unless it's a very short EP (like 3-5 songs). 

I actually have started to subscribe to some fan-theories regarding a Jazz album which is, messy of me. :rip:

I think she'll either release the jazz record after LG6 or LG6 will also have jazz on it. Think the Lady & Gaga concept but less convoluted (maybe? I don't think that's the right word but oh well lol). In line with the duality of fame, she could show off her pop, rock, jazz, and ballad personas she's played with over the years. 

Although there is always my personal wish more than anything which involves a multi-genre single entry LP of dance, rock, disco, folk ballad, glam, soul, and jazz :flutter: Something that makes good use of story-telling and transitions to help guide the record and effortlessly dance between the genres as she tells this story. Kinda ambitious, I know, but it's something I would kill for. :diane:

giskardsb
1 minute ago, Edonis said:

Although there is always my personal wish more than anything which involves a multi-genre single entry LP of dance, rock, disco, folk ballad, glam, soul, and jazz :flutter: Something that makes good use of story-telling and transitions to help guide the record and effortlessly dance between the genres as she tells this story. Kinda ambitious, I know, but it's something I would kill for. :diane:

A true Gaga concept album that turns into a truly cohesive storytelling stage show is on my wish list for sure.    

Newpolitics

i really hope gaga releases a sequel to cheek to cheek with tony bennett. those two were amazing together plus i honestly dont know how long tony would be here with us . gaga better to this quick

A falling star fell from your heart and landed in my eyes I screamed aloud, as it tore through them, and now it's left me blind

Disnalex

If she does release a Jazz album, she should do it for the Holidays. I love Gaga X Christmas vibes

p.jpeg?fv_content=true&size_mode=5

Gaga for Disney

Edonis
6 minutes ago, giskardsb said:

A true Gaga concept album that turns into a truly cohesive storytelling stage show is on my wish list for sure.    

If played right, it really could become her career-defining record. But I don't know if she's in the head space to do that type of project at the moment. 

not a french fry

If she wants tony on it She better record it soon

social experiment gone wrong

I want a jazzy Christmas album from Gaga SO badly.

Like I'm a grown up now Gagz, I have people over to my house for the holidays and my Sufjan Stevens playlist does not have the wide appeal necessary :laughga: 

JazzGa

The holidays is clearly the best time to release C3C! I've been thinking this all along and I hope you're right! :party:

God created Adam and Eve, but Gọdga collabed with Brian🎺 and Steve🎷

29 minutes ago, Edonis said:

Nah, I think it would've been teased already if something were coming that soon, unless it's a very short EP (like 3-5 songs). 

I actually have started to subscribe to some fan-theories regarding a Jazz album which is, messy of me. :rip:

I think she'll either release the jazz record after LG6 or LG6 will also have jazz on it. Think the Lady & Gaga concept but less convoluted (maybe? I don't think that's the right word but oh well lol). In line with the duality of fame, she could show off her pop, rock, jazz, and ballad personas she's played with over the years. 

It would be very hard to make an album like that cohesive tbh

LilyLark
Just now, Rio said:

True, but it'd be interesting. I'd argue that even BTW is somewhat multi-genre, although some of the critics thought it wasn't...cohesive.

LilyLark
31 minutes ago, Edonis said:

I'm hoping for some disco...boys noize has done a few disco/disco influenced tracks.....

Edonis
1 minute ago, Rio said:

Of course, but I don't think it's impossible. Mixing genres on a single record is quite common in a lot of older pop and rock records. Not completely similar, but the lay out of many of her tours can be an example of it working. Each 'act' would represent a portion of the album. With the right transitions and smart production, it could be quite the treat. 

Edonis
Just now, LilyLark said:

I'm hoping for some disco...boys noize has done a few disco/disco influenced tracks.....

Disco and House go hand in hand, so I wouldn't be surprised if he worked on something with that sound. I'm just very curious what direction Gaga takes it!

Archived