💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

I Wore Haus Labs for the First Time...

Alannah

Featured Posts

Alannah

A little of my background in cosmetics before sharing:
I worked at Ulta for 3 years as a lead advisor and then for 6 months at a Macy's as a counter gal for Estée Lauder (quit before Black Friday because f dat noise). I used to buy cosmetics CONSTANTLY - but now I'm in real estate and work from home 3 days a week, so there's not much of a need to keep adding to my collection. I just wanted to put this in here because I think experience level is important to know when reading/watching/hearing reviews about a product. 

I took advantage of the Haus Labs' sale and picked up the Chained Ballerina/Retro set and a Corset/Rule lip set.  I was skeptical because I'm skeptical of any product before I try it for myself, especially in the current beauty community where so many people are bought off/trying to get free PR and whatnot. First impression of the products itself - I was shocked at how heavy the lipgloss was. The packaging, while simple, is great; the products have a nice 'snap' (like JSC liquid lips) that seals the component. It has MJB vibes, which makes total sense given Gaga's and Sarah's affiliation. 

The swatches? Not great at all. The only swatch that made me "ooOOOOooOooOh!" was the pigment in Chained Ballerina. The lipgloss felt sticky, Retro and Rule were okay. Would I have bought it sampling it in the store? As a Gaga stan, yes. As a regular consumer? No. 

HOWEVER. I was a FOOL to judge initially by the swatches. A. FOOL. Yesterday was our office holiday party. I don't do full beats like I used to and I saved my HL products to try for the event. I was always afraid of a black-toned smokey eye on myself. I am very fair, and black, other than eyeliner/mascara, is a color I avoid at risk of washing myself out. Chained Ballerina is so, SO easy to make work for you. The glitter really helps soften the look if you want it to. It layers without fault and blends like a dream. Retro is STUNNING. I used it all over my effing face. I only used these two products on my eyes and I was blown away. Retro also stayed in my (very watery) inner corner and I usually have to use 2-3 products to make a highlight stay. I got compliments on my lewk all night. The staying power of these products is complete magic; my lower line shadow stayed in place all night, too. And this is even after my post-party Wendy's meat sweats kicked in. I will say - I kept blending it after it was dried because I kept getting scared of "too bold" of an eye. It ended up patching off a little bit, but this was due to my incessant messing with it. Once you've blended it out, leave it alone. Otherwise, you can layer more on top and it'll fix the problem. 

I ended up trying on the gloss, Corset, when I took off my lip when I got home. While cliché, it is a "your lips but better" color. The pigment doesn't stay long, but I don't expect that from a gloss. Despite the swatch, the gel formula is NOT sticky AT ALL. I kept rubbing my lips together because it felt like a lovely, thick balm. I'm sure over the liner it'll be my go-to natural lip. I was holding off on a nude gloss and I'm glad I did. (Like I said, I don't buy like I used to.) 

I thought the glitter was going to be embedded in my pores forever. However, because of the initial creme powder, there is ZERO fallout. NONE! Taking it off was so stupid easy and there was no mask of glitter left on my face after. 

I will be buying so much more of this makeup. Even without the Gaga name I'd be saying the same thing. You really feel the love behind it - the packaging says, "I want you to love youself. - Lady Gaga" - which made me tear up like a lil' sap. It made me feel inspired to wear makeup more and try out the full range of products. I haven't been this hyped about new makeup in a long time. Much like Enigma, the hate on these products is lost on me. Folks who haven't experienced it yet and are bashing it based on photos are just impatient for LG6. However, I totally would love to hear different opinions on the products from those who have played with the makeup. 

TL;DR - I drank the Haus Labs kool-aid and it's definitely worth trying for yourself. :kiss:

GypsyBabe

I love this makeup so much and was honestly pretty surprised by its quality when I actually put it on my face. I wasn't expecting much tbh, and mainly bought it because I am a fan. Boy was I pleasantly surprised. My favorite thing is how versatile the glam attacks are with regular eye shadow. They blend so beautifully with my Natasha Denona palettes, and I really like that. :tony:

The new neutral retro is my absolute favorite as well as the lipstick. It is like this amazing bright berry red that it so flattering and the glitter is surprisingly classy. 

The look you posted is amazing btw! :heart:

⚯͛

Glamourpuss

That was an amazing review and you look stunning! :heart:

I agree with what you said about the lip gloss. The texture of it feels like a balm on my lips and I often find myself putting some on just so my lips aren't dry. I have the Corset colour too. :)

I'm glad that you liked HL because I want this to be a successful venture for Gaga. I was just saying yesterday that I've never seen a negative review of the makeup on GGD. 

Newpolitics

u look gorgeous :saira:

A falling star fell from your heart and landed in my eyes I screamed aloud, as it tore through them, and now it's left me blind

Clumsy Monster

I'm so happy that you get these results as most of "us" here seemed to be complaining a lot. And you look STUNNING! Go suc some d:derpga:

The thing that I'm anxious and scared to see the most is the eyeshadow pallette review. It kinda looked chalky when Nikkie used it but let's wait and see. 

Alannah
4 hours ago, Clumsy Monster said:

I'm so happy that you get these results as most of "us" here seemed to be complaining a lot. And you look STUNNING! Go suc some d:derpga:

The thing that I'm anxious and scared to see the most is the eyeshadow pallette review. It kinda looked chalky when Nikkie used it but let's wait and see. 

Thank you! I'M COUNTING ON IT. :ally:

Yeah - I will admit that the palette doesn't look like something I would get a lot of use out of, but I am excited to see everyone's thoughts.

Archived