Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Twitter Monsters are going to hurt Gaga's career one day

LilyLark

Featured Posts

I actually think the whole controversy with Taylor and Scooter/BMR ended up tipping in her favor. Like, significantly? Maybe I'm not reading through a good representation of the "public", but I think people generally overlooked the foolish online Stan behavior, all considering the general sentiment over Scooter and BMR at the moment.

5 minutes ago, Morphine Prince said:

Gaga doesn't even engage with these people anymore. She knows many are toxic.

I actually think this might be a factor as to why the actions of stan twitter haven't affected her and Bey's careers all too much. They keep their interactions online at a minimum, and interact where it counts.

3 points in and ready for more

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Teal Ambition
22 minutes ago, KleinGa said:

Girl breathe. Monsters have been this way since the very beginning. At one point, they were the most ruthless and vile fanbase on Twitter. Gaga’s career seemed to have done fine 10 years later. 
The Billie mess was sooo tame compared to what wouldve happened if this were 2010/11.

:applause: Every fanbase is like this at one point or another and I highly doubt its going to damage Gaga's career lmao

▌│█║▌║▌║ before I am Canadian, I am Chromatican ║▌║▌║█│▌

Totally agree @LillyLark.

Gossip rags and anyone trying to do damage will use any excuse they can, and sometimes, that excuse can be the fanbase. Humanity has existed long enough to (hopefully) have figured out by now not to listen to those types of mud-slingers, but then again, we don't seem to have figured out how to be nice.

I can't last too long on Twitter for that reason. The majority of that social site seems to be toxic no matter the topic.

1ooo d0veZ
26 minutes ago, KleinGa said:

Girl breathe. Monsters have been this way since the very beginning. At one point, they were the most ruthless and vile fanbase on Twitter. Gaga’s career seemed to have done fine 10 years later. 
The Billie mess was sooo tame compared to what wouldve happened if this were 2010/11.

And thats on Period

No, I won't elaborate. I just told you.

KleinGa
15 minutes ago, LilyLark said:

I mean, Taylor got a sh*tload of negative headlines about Swifties behavior towards Scooter. It went way beyond "stan twitter." It doesn't hurt her career, but it is not like it does her any good, either.

She didnt get cancelled over that. Additionally, she literally ASKED her fans outright to address this on social media. She knew how they are and still asked them to speak up about it. 

No major artist has ever suffered career wise from the way their fans behave. In fact, some benefit (like Taylor)

LilyLark
9 minutes ago, Miel said:

I actually think the whole controversy with Taylor and Scooter/BMR ended up tipping in her favor. Like, significantly? Maybe I'm not reading through a good representation of the "public", but I think people generally overlooked the foolish online Stan behavior, all considering the general sentiment over Scooter and BMR at the moment.

I actually think this might be a factor as to why the actions of stan twitter haven't affected her and Bey's careers all too much. They keep their interactions online at a minimum, and interact where it counts.

Yeah, I do think terrible stan behavior hasn't hurt Bey and Gaga much (even if there are some negative headlines) because they are barely on social media. 

But I definitely saw some negative headlines about Scooter/Swifties, even if people are generally pretty critical of Scooter, and I think there was even an Op Ed saying Taylor should tell the Swifties to chill. I wasn't even looking for those stories, either, I just saw them when perusing my normal news/websites...so they were definitely out there in the GP

LilyLark
Just now, KleinGa said:

She didnt get cancelled over that. Additionally, she literally ASKED her fans outright to address this on social media. She knew how they are and still asked them to speak up about it. 

No major artist has ever suffered career wise from the way their fans behave. In fact, some benefit (like Taylor)

Alright, they don't get "cancelled." But stars can absolutely get sh*tty, negative press over the way fan bases behave at times.

Reginald

Monsters are definitely one of the tamer fanbases (side-eye to the toxic parts of K-Pop Twitter). Except for when it comes to Sarah Tanno, for some reason :fail: That's just straight up harrassment/bullying. 

Just now, LilyLark said:

Yeah, I do think terrible stan behavior hasn't hurt Bey and Gaga much (even if there are some negative headlines) because they are barely on social media. 

But I definitely saw some negative headlines about Scooter/Swifties, even if people are generally pretty critical of Scooter, and I think there was even an Op Ed saying Taylor should tell the Swifties to chill. I wasn't even looking for those stories, either, I just saw them when perusing my normal news/websites...so they were definitely out there in the GP

Fair! Regarding that whole situation, the only thing I read wrt Scooters and the Swifties was something along the lines of "it's the internet- I get death threats every day for existing".

3 points in and ready for more

Lilmonzter

There's a reason why they call us monsters :triggered:

Btw you can't micromanage your fan's :enigma:

Sing C'est la vie 

LilyLark
1 minute ago, Lilmonzter said:

There's a reason why they call us monsters :triggered:

Btw you can't micromanage your fan's :enigma:

True, but I wouldn't be surprised if they drove her completely off social media at this point.

KleinGa
4 minutes ago, LilyLark said:

Alright, they don't get "cancelled." But stars can absolutely get sh*tty, negative press over the way fan bases behave at times.

Definitely! But that press gets forgotten about 24 hours later and the locals just dont care that much :laughga: 

Lilmonzter
1 minute ago, LilyLark said:

True, but I wouldn't be surprised if they drove her completely off social media at this point.

Well

She'll get over it:duck:

They were lowkey shadey though

tbh it's much ado about nothing actually 

Sing C'est la vie 

Tom Nook

I mean technically we did win worst fanbase of the year either in the Born This Way or ARTPOP era :vegas: 

Uh Red Wine... Convict... Gah Gah...

LilyLark
1 minute ago, Lilmonzter said:

Well

She'll get over it:duck:

They were lowkey shadey though

tbh it's much ado about nothing actually 

LOL I mean monsters are gonna drive Gaga off one of these days. She seemed truly angry about the Ed Sheeran mess a few years ago.

Archived