💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
movie

Disney live action Mulan(official trailer)

Lilmonzter

Featured Posts

Reality
3 minutes ago, River said:

Yeah I don't have a problem with that, I think in some sense they could mix the 2 together and serve both history and magic at the same time.

My problem with LK wasn't the shot-to-shot, I didn't mind, it gave me my nostalgic moments through the movie lol but it was just emotionless for me.

I think that what they are doing though. It looks like it's going to be a blend of the animated movie and the folklore. I mean, there's the orchestral version of "Reflection" playing in the background, and for the most part, it looks like the beginning of the movie will stay the same. 

🃏🖤👹

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply
elijahfan
1 hour ago, Rino said:

:enigma:

I just found that out thanks to your post. 

I'm wondering did she ever apologize for the comments she made, do you know? couldn't find on the web :messga:

Well I felt like the movie was doomed back when I read about it, but apparently the strategy from Disney is to just hide that under the rug  :laughga: Her comments definitely didn't hurt the chances of the movie in China since it was pro-government, so I guess Disney is just fine with it :toofunny:

Rudz Xinc

It looks so good. It might be my fave live action remake, even tho I never watched the animated version. :oops:

Look at those clowns

JoanneMonster
1 hour ago, elijahfan said:

Are they still going forward with this, after the main actress made these political comments? :oprah:

well did you expect them to throw away a megaproduction that costed them millions?

I See You

elijahfan
1 minute ago, JoanneMonster said:

well did you expect them to throw away a megaproduction that costed them millions?

Not really, but I thought they would at least acknowledge what had happened. I guess they pretty much asked her to keep her antidemocratic views to herself until the release of the film :oops:

But if Hollywood has a minimum of integrity, I believe it pretty much doomed any consideration for a Mulan 2. Then again, Hollywood and integrity don't necessarily go hand in hand, as demonstrated here...

Lilmonzter

I didn't actually know that the actor made such derogatory remarks about Hong Kong :duck:

Sing C'est la vie 

RahrahWitch

The Actress' Statements aside I'm not sure how I feel about it to be honest, I know they biasing it on the original story and not the animated film but the fact that there will be no Mushu, Shan or any Songs makes me sad.

elijahfan
28 minutes ago, Lilmonzter said:

I didn't actually know that the actor made such derogatory remarks about Hong Kong :duck:

Well Disney made sure nobody remembered that :trollga:

This is like a realistic interpretation of the Mulan story, rather than a live action as we’ve seen before.

I read they don’t make them sing out of cultural respect, what are your thoughts on this?

However in the dialogue there’s a few nods to the songs: “I’ll bring honor to us all”, “I’m gonna make a man out of you”, and the Reflection versión in the background, which is actually a nice homage.

Mulan has my favorite Disney Soundtrack out of every one, and doing this in this movie doesn’t bother me, mainly because I won’t feel like they’ve done the songs wrong. Although every live action soundtrack so far was sooooo good IMO.

I legit sobbed and it’s just a trailer.

Gonna miss Mushu and the songs, but this looks stunning.

BYE

ItWasntLaauv

*Gets rid of Mushu because it’s unrealistic and offensive to some*

*Adds a bird witch character out of nowhere*

Edit: I still hope it’s good hehehe. :party:

Archived