💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Star Wars actor backtracks on 'gender fluidity'

Lion Heart

Featured Posts

Lion Heart

Billy Dee Williams Says His Gender Remarks Were Misinterpreted: 'What the Hell Is Gender Fluid?'

"I never tried to be anything except myself. I think of myself as a relatively colorful character who doesn't take himself or herself too seriously," he told the outlet. "And you see I say 'himself' and 'herself,' because I also see myself as feminine as well as masculine. I'm a very soft person. I'm not afraid to show that side of myself."

This statement naturally led many to believe that Williams had come out as gender fluid—someone who does not identify, nor express themselves, with one fixed gender. But despite the fact that he uses both male and female pronouns when referring to himself, the veteran actor insists he identifies strictly as a male.

He clarified his comments in an interview with Undefeated, stating he was simply talking about the ways men can embrace their feminine side.

"Well, first of all, I asked last night. I said, 'What the hell is gender fluid?’ That’s a whole new term," Williams said. "But what I was talking about was about men getting in touch with their softer side of themselves. There’s a phrase that was coined by Carl G. Jung, who was a psychiatrist, who was a contemporary of Sigmund Freud, and they had a splitting of the ways because they had different ideas about the … what do you call it? Consciousness. Unconscious. It’s collective unconsciousness. But he coined a phrase that’s, ‘Anima animus.’ And anima means that is the female counterpart of the male self, and the animus is the male counterpart of the female. So that's what I was referring to."

Full story: https://www.complex.com/pop-culture/2019/12/billy-dee-williams-says-remarks-about-gender-pronouns-misinterpreted

Previous thread: 

Spoiler

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀

Lion Heart

"what the hell is gender fluid?" 

:lmao: 

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀

for a sub-culture who’s so insistent of never assuming anything about gender, the irony here is palpable lmao

HoneyB

“What the hell is gender fluid”

I’m sorry I chuckled a little-:nooo:

Ok but the way he said it of course people are going to think he’s gender fluid:rip: at least he’s in touch with his feminine side I guess?:laughga:

💋 𝕊𝕥𝕖𝕡 𝕐𝕒 ℂ𝕠𝕠𝕜𝕚𝕖𝕤 𝕌𝕡💋🍪

Economy
9 minutes ago, nenhures said:

Mark Ronson coming out as sapiosexual teas

I don't even know what a sapiosexual is :rip:

calmar
2 hours ago, Economy said:

I don't even know what a sapiosexual is :rip:

Someone who finds intelligence attractive.

俺の勝利は揺るぎない

ItsTommyBitch

I-...

Mess :emma: 

私自身もこの世の中も誰もかれもが, どんなに華やかな人生でも, どんなに悲惨な人生でも, いつかは変貌し, 破壊され、消滅してしまう. すべてがもともとこの世に存在しない一瞬の幻想なのだから

PrincessDiez
2 hours ago, calmar said:

Someone who finds intelligence attractive.

Do we really need a label for everything?😫

Cobyy

Rudz Xinc
6 hours ago, Lion Heart said:

"what the hell is gender fluid?" 

:lmao: 

Him and me both are wondering :ladyhaha:

Look at those clowns

RadioIsOurs

All the gays here use he and she pronouns too, so I guess that means we're gender fluid too... :vegas:

electricblood

While you're thinking that you're being 'open-minded' and supportive by acknowledging these nonsense terms such as '1000 genders/non-binary bull**it'- you're only making it worse for those who truly can't fit in existing social male/female constructs and are suffering because of that. You can't change scientific fact that supports only two existing genders in Homo sapiens species: male and female (I'm excluding different genetical aberrations- which are very serious and most of them lead to death before the birth of a child). So, instead of denying this fact, what you can really do is simply fight existing sex stereotypes and advocate for a society in which masculine women and feminine men do not have to think that there's something wrong with them. (Before you start roasting me over 'only 2 genders' philosophy: I am an atheist and a PhD student in life sciences, thus my opinion is not shaped by religion and media junk- I mostly rely on proven scientific facts. :reductive:)

Archived