💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
throwback

Rihannas airplane tour flop

corvus albus

Featured Posts

corvus albus

Kids, kids, kids. What to say about Rihanna’s infamous one-week 777 Tour that hasn’t already been recounted before? A lot, probably. But as one of the 200-plus passengers on the chartered aircraft, I’ll note this: Everyone’s got their own version of events.

The bite-sized recap is that a large group of media professionals (and smaller number of radio contest winners) were invited by Def Jam to join Rihanna, her band and a handful of label handlers aboard a 777 jet that was set to hit seven cities in seven countries around the world, over the seven days in November 2012 leading up to the release of Ri’s seventh album, Unapologetic. On the surface, it seemed like brilliant marketing. But the devil is often in the lack of details.

Having, appropriately enough, seven years of travel-writing experience at that point, I quickly noticed our itinerary was missing a few major details -- particularly overnight hotel stay in three of the seven cities. Were we really expected to sleep on the plane? (Yes.) And go without showers those three days? (Yes.) And share the aircraft’s minuscule restroom facilities with some 250 other people for a week? (YES.) Oh, well. It’s the Rihanna plane! 

That was the tip of the iceberg. Rihanna performed in small venues each night over these seven days, and all were expected to attend the shows. On a few dates, the singer, after a night of post-show partying, arrived to the plane hours late, thus holding up flight schedules, causing the craft’s crew to work overtime and journalists to miss deadlines. Oh, right -- there was no wireless Internet on the plane. Oops! I personally filed my daily reporting from the backs of whatever lobbies I could get a signal in, or from the occasional hotel room at 3:30 a.m.

I saw Rihanna on the actual craft and snapped photos of her on two scant occasions: 1) The day we boarded the plane; and 2) A week later, when we touched back down in the States. Was she really on board the spacious hunk of metal that whole time? Did it really matter that I got 11 hours of sleep in a one-week period? Was it all much ado about nothing?

In keeping in line with this larger roundup, it’s likely no one really remembers the 777 Tour, save for those who were a part of it. In the end, all that matters is that Unapologetic wound up becoming Rihanna’s first No. 1 album on the Billboard 200 -- while its lead single topped the Hot 100. And that, as they say, is showbiz. Shine bright like a diamond!

tldr: Riri made a plane tour and it was horrible

article: https://www.billboard.com/articles/columns/pop/8545381/2010s-pop-music-forgotten?

I'm weakkkk I totally forgot about this, I could not IMAGINE sharing an airplane bathroom with 200+ people ughh let alone just BEING on an airplane for that much time a true NIGHTMARE

Glamourpuss

I've never even heard of this but it sounds horrendous. 

Why would anyone even choose to sleep on a plane for 7 days with no bed,  no wi-fi, no private shower or bathroom? Ugh. Hell no. I wouldn't even do that if it was a mini Gaga tour. 

JazzGa

Get on a sky bus with 200 other career jockeyers and listen to the same concert every day for a week! Whee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

God created Adam and Eve, but Gọdga collabed with Brian🎺 and Steve🎷

Sounds like a interesting idea if it was handled properly. Imagine touring with Gaga when she used to tour the world. :enigma:

Smother Em Eh

This sounds cool in a way but tragic in another. 

It sounds like a concept gone wrong. Sleeping on a cramped tube in the sky for 7 days. I think not! 

Get Applause & G.U.Y to 1B views!

Thomas P

I forgot about this until i watched the tours documentary a year ago, and i still just think about how dumb it was :selena:

I’m a simple guy to please, if you like Melodrama, we chill.

MonsterBall13
On 12/4/2019 at 3:10 PM, bxr said:

i remember watching the documentary back in the day

I remember seeing it on much music 

Newpolitics

poor rih  .:bradley:

A falling star fell from your heart and landed in my eyes I screamed aloud, as it tore through them, and now it's left me blind

Archived