💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

MY Top 30 Best Albums of 2019

tomsches

Featured Posts

tomsches

Since 2019 is almost over and there aren't any albums I'm interested in coming soon, I thought I could share my favourite albums of the year and maybe you could also share yours.

1. Bat For Lashes - Lost Girls

94c596dd483e04640ab10a776fa4c6f9.1000x10

2. FKA Twigs - Magdalene

fka-twigs-magdalene-1-1068x1068.jpeg

3. Holly Herndon - Proto

a2284061690_10.jpg

4. Lana Del Rey - Norman ****ing Rockwell

Lana_Del_Rey_-_Norman_Fucking_Rockwell.p

5. Caroline Polachek - Pang

PANG_Full%20(1).png

6. The Japanese House - Good At Falling

JapaneseHouse_GoodAtFalling.jpg

7. Bon Iver - i,i

BonIver_ii.jpg

8. Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds - Ghosteen

GHOSTEEN_PACKSHOT_01.jpg

9. Broods - Don't Feed The Top Monster

f2dkc9atfhzg7ysufnqd.jpg

10. TR/ST - The Destroyer Part 1

220px-TR-ST_-_The_Destroyer_-_1_cover_ar

11. Haelos - Any Random Kindness

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQo7EA1M6A3sw-Eddt1ZpX

12. Juniús Meyvant - Across The Borders

Junius_Meyvant_-_across_the_borders.jpg

13. Clairo - Immunity

220px-Clairo_-_Immunity.png

14. Rose Of The West - Rose Of The West

910bT3Y8oJL._SY355_.jpg

15. Maggie Rogers - Heard It In A Past Life

maggie-rogers.jpg

16. Angel Olsen - All Mirrors

angelolsen_allmirrors.jpg

17. Léon - Léon

2fbc2f0ca7684874cbd832c5946d0896.1000x10

18. Friendly Fires - Inflorescent

Friendly-Fires-Inflorescent-Album.jpg

19. Weyes Blood - Titanic Rising

weyes-blood-titanic-rising-album-cover-1

20. Kelsey Lu - Blood

KelseyLu_Blood.jpg

21. Cigarettes After Sex - Cry

7f53e3ec9752c0f901d9d1370b569507.1000x10

22. Electric Youth - Memory Emotion

A1q19tfG1fL._SS500_.jpg

23. Shura - Forevher

shura_forevher.jpeg

24. Men I Trust - Oncle Jazz

a3970465110_10.jpg

25. Anna Of The North - Dream Girl

483938d2-1245-4531-8f6a-92d291fc110f.jpg

26. Hot Chip - A Bath Full Of Ecstasy

220px-Hot_Chip_A_Bath_Full_of_Ecstasy_al

27. Morrissey - California Son

Morrissey_California_Son.jpg

28. Banks - III

banks-iii.jpg

29. Yeasayer - Erotic Reruns

a2936587450_10.jpg

30. Sharon Van Etten - Remind Me Tomorrow

sharon-van-etten-remind-me-tomorrow-1-10

FfFfFfFF

I was scared I am going to see thank you next or such things when I opened the thread. :rip:

I've only listened to Titanic Rising, III, Norman ****ing Rockwell and Magdalene but the last two are defintely my favorites from this year so taste. :usrs:

AlexanderMagno

I haven't heard Bat For Lashes in ages! Is her new album that good? I remember I was into her music with The Haunted Man (I knew every album released in 2012, damn I wish I was more aware of new music nowadays. I'm too old), but I was more of a casual listener. Enjoyed it, but wasn't a real fan. However, I absolutely love "Laura". Still sing it nowadays every once in a while. Will I enjoy Lost Girls?

I didn't know The Japanese House, but I'm going to listen to it. It looks good (I know it's not the best way of judging music, but I really enjoy their imagery, so let's give it a chance).

Edit: for someone who's right now into more ambient/lo-fi hip hop sounds, some dream pop (and full shoegazing), which albums from your list do you recommend? I also adored Norman ****ing Rockwell (best album for me so far), and am a Bon Iver fan but haven't had the time to listen to the album yet.

tomsches
Just now, AlexanderMagno said:

I haven't heard Bat For Lashes in ages! Is her new album that good? I remember I was into her music with The Haunted Man (I knew every album released in 2012, damn I wish I was more aware of new music nowadays. I'm too old), but I was more of a casual listener. Enjoyed it, but wasn't a real fan. However, I absolutely love "Laura". Still sing it nowadays every once in a while. Will I enjoy Lost Girls?

I didn't know The Japanese House, but I'm going to listen to it. It looks good (I know it's not the best way of judging music, but I really enjoy their imagery, so let's give it a chance).

The Haunted Man is in the top 3 of my all time favourite albums so Lost Girls doesn't even come close to that. But I really enjoyed it very much. It's much more accessible than The Bride, which she released in 2016. It's very retro 80s inspired. That being said, it's not very innovative or anything, but I put it at number 1 because I have a very personal connection to it.

The best songs are: Kids in the dark, Peach Sky and Mountains.

edengowon

I haven't heard too many of these albums, which is odd since I follow alternative and indie fairly closely

I've heard Inflorescence, III, Dream Girl, Heard It In A Past Life, Norman F*cking Rockwell, Immunity, Magdalene and Ghosteen. I'll have to check out the rest :firega:

the artist formerly known as melancholia

AlexanderMagno
1 minute ago, tomsches said:

The Haunted Man is in the top 3 of my all time favourite albums so Lost Girls doesn't even come close to that. But I really enjoyed it very much. It's much more accessible than The Bride, which she released in 2016. It's very retro 80s inspired. That being said, it's not very innovative or anything, but I put it at number 1 because I have a very personal connection to it.

The best songs are: Kids in the dark, Peach Sky and Mountains.

You made me listen to Laura again, what an amazing song. Have to check the album once again. 

12 minutes ago, AlexanderMagno said:

Edit: for someone who's right now into more ambient/lo-fi hip hop sounds, some dream pop (and full shoegazing), which albums from your list do you recommend? I also adored Norman ****ing Rockwell (best album for me so far), and am a Bon Iver fan but haven't had the time to listen to the album yet.

tomsches
15 minutes ago, AlexanderMagno said:

Definitely check out Proto! Electric Youth does dream pop too, but their new album didn't blow me away as much as their debut album. Oncle Jazz by Men I trust is dream pop too, but too long and too slow to be higher on the list.

Archived