Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Drake Most Streamed Artist Of Decade (28 Billion Streams)

Economy

Featured Posts

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply
ydnmnme

Ew

𝐼 𝒹𝑜𝓃'𝓉 𝓌𝒶𝓃𝓃𝒶 𝒷𝑒 𝒶𝓁𝑜𝓃𝑒 𝒻𝑜𝓇𝑒𝓋𝑒𝓇, 𝒷𝓊𝓉 𝐼 𝒸𝒶𝓃 𝒷𝑒 𝓉𝑜𝓃𝒾𝑔𝒽𝓉

nenhures

If his music were extraordinary I would understand it but the great majority of what he makes is so absurdly lukewarm and mediocre that it truly puzzles me how he's the most streamed artist of the decade.

So many groundbreaking hip hop artists and he takes the cake? Slay, I guess.

Edit: I think I may have answered my own question. People love easily digestible music and I guess Drake delivers in that regard. He plays safe and smart, suppose that'll take you places.

HoneyB

His newer music hasn’t been very enjoyable. Besides Going Bad and Sicko Mode, I don’t listen to his new stuff that much. Not to be that person, but I prefer the old Drake:enigma:

💋 𝕊𝕥𝕖𝕡 𝕐𝕒 ℂ𝕠𝕠𝕜𝕚𝕖𝕤 𝕌𝕡💋🍪

Economy
20 minutes ago, nenhures said:

If his music were extraordinary I would understand it but the great majority of what he makes is so absurdly lukewarm and mediocre that it truly puzzles me how he's the most streamed artist of the decade.

So many groundbreaking hip hop artists and he takes the cake? Slay, I guess.

Edit: I think I may have answered my own question. People love easily digestible music and I guess Drake delivers in that regard. He plays safe and smart, suppose that'll take you places.

I mean I do like Drake's music... Enough to warrant top spot? Maybe not. But I'm not entirely surprised it happened

But I think maybe part of it could be that his hiphop sometimes isn't very hardcore hiphop but a little closer to mainstream making it easier for top 40 lovers to digest

Songs like "one dance" the one that goes Kiki, do you love me (I legit cant remember the name now) sound more pop than hiphop for example

Eminem also became the best selling rapper ever and ironically he wasn't always hardcore rap... He too added elements of mainstream into his music as well for instance:

Without me

The Way I Am

Love The Way You Lie

Not Afraid

My Band

And there's more tbh. Songs like that either sound more mainstream overall or have choruses at the very least that sound pop

nenhures
1 minute ago, Economy said:

I mean I do like Drake's music... Enough to warrant top spot? Maybe not

But I think maybe part of it could be that his hiphop sometimes isn't very hardcore hiphop but a little closer to mainstream making it easier for top 40 lovers to digest

Eminem also became the best selling rapper ever and ironically he wasn't always hardcore rap... He too added elements of mainstream into his music as well :shrug:

Yes, that's very true.

At the end of the day, Drake's music is made for the masses and is, well, consumed by the masses. Regardless of me enjoying his music I guess it's not that hard to understand why he dominates charts and streaming services.

Economy
4 minutes ago, nenhures said:

Yes, that's very true.

At the end of the day, Drake's music is made for the masses and is, well, consumed by the masses. Regardless of me enjoying his music I guess it's not that hard to understand why he dominates charts and streaming services.

Tbh I don't think Drake and Eminem are the only examples

Taylor Swift started as country but it was pop/country... Pink was pop/rock, Avril Lavigne also Pop/Rock

I think any genre the biggest artists have a tendency to be artists that overlap their style with a sprinkle of pop/mainstream

I'm sure there's exceptions you can think of but you get my point

nenhures
2 minutes ago, Economy said:

Tbh I don't think Drake and Eminem are the only examples

Taylor Swift started as country but it was pop/country... Pink was pop/rock

I think any genre the biggest artists have a tendency to be artists that overlap their style with a sprinkle of pop/mainstream

I'm sure there's exceptions you can think of but you get my point

Hell, even entire genres end up getting popular because of that crossover. Think of pop punk, for example. Sure there are some older bands like The Ramones but it boomed into the mainstream in the 00s with groups like blink-182, Paramore, MCR and Panic! at the Disco to name a few. Much bigger than punk itself (which was always seen as a black sheep by the GP) was in its heyday.

Not that punk wasn't big, but pop punk garnered a much wider audience because it was much more digestible than its root genre.

myluis617

He has come a very long way and it comes to show how much hard work and dedication to craft can get you. Young Money really paved the way for Hip-Hop, man crazy how fast time passed by I remember as a little kid wondering what these days would look like. I kinda did see Drakes popularity rise and I did realize his wave was unstoppable did not expect it to add up to this though.

Economy
29 minutes ago, nenhures said:

Hell, even entire genres end up getting popular because of that crossover. Think of pop punk, for example. Sure there are some older bands like The Ramones but it boomed into the mainstream in the 00s with groups like blink-182, Paramore, MCR and Panic! at the Disco to name a few. Much bigger than punk itself (which was always seen as a black sheep by the GP) was in its heyday.

Not that punk wasn't big, but pop punk garnered a much wider audience because it was much more digestible than its root genre.

Basically all of this u said ∆∆∆

Eminem I think is one of the best examples of all. Many people get bored with pure rap and only Lovers of the genre will typically listen to it.

But what do many of his singles have in common? Songs like:

Slim Shady

My Band

The Way I Am

Without me

Not Afraid

Love The Way You Lie (ft Rihanna)

Every single one of those singles has a totally pop chorus... If someone switched to radio during the chorus of these songs and never heard it before, at first they wouldn't even realize it was a rap song

BlingNotTheMusic

Well deserved tbh :applause:

He's not my fav but AT LEAST he feeds his fans with content including an album every year and a double album. Gagz...:crossed:

Archived