Stefani Tee
politics

Attacks on Medicare For All guided by lobbyists

Featured Posts

ItsTommyBitch
3 hours ago, Economy said:

I would like to point out one thing tho... I don't think the issue of prevention is a unique problem to the US

I mean I can't speak for the rest of the world but here in Canada it's the exact same sh*t

U get prescribed a pill to help with a symptom often without going after the root causes

For example when I was hospitalized for 2 weeks over a suicide attempt and they always checked our vitals, they saw my blood pressure was high and put me on blood pressure pills and sent a note to my family doctor about the meds they recommend I continue

Did they even ask me about my salt intake or exercise before putting me on a prescription? No they did not :madge:

It's not unique, its just exacerbated by the cost of good insurance (which is good employment basically :emma: ) and the culture about it. Most people have a story about not going to the doctor if they even began to think they were sick because of the costs.

I think the U.S. has some of the more high quality of preventative care for people that actually do get it, but less education about it, less insurance based on location, and fewer attempts. I think something like under 8% of adults seek preventative care that is recommended to them by doctors?

Edited by ItsTommyBitch
私自身もこの世の中も誰もかれもが, どんなに華やかな人生でも, どんなに悲惨な人生でも, いつかは変貌し, 破壊され、消滅してしまう. すべてがもともとこの世に存在しない一瞬の幻想なのだから
  • Like 2

Economy
4 hours ago, ItsTommyBitch said:

It's not unique, its just exacerbated by the cost of good insurance (which is good employment basically :emma: ) and the culture about it. Most people have a story about not going to the doctor if they even began to think they were sick because of the costs.

I think the U.S. has some of the more high quality of preventative care for people that actually do get it, but less education about it, less insurance based on location, and fewer attempts. I think something like under 8% of adults seek preventative care that is recommended to them by doctors?

Oh preventative care like vaccination shots, checkups etc? Ok yeah I can see that being worse in the US

I thought u meant stuff like once you are sick that the treatment puts too much emphasis on treating symptoms and there's not enough effort on the root cause of whats making you ill