Stefani Tee
achievement

Gaga Scores "Most Streamed COUNTRY Album" of this Decade on Spotify

Featured Posts

LaLa
18 minutes ago, warholastar said:

Joanne (album) would have won the country category at the Grammys which is it's accurate category but she decided to lie calling it a pop album and here we are

Decided to lie... :triggered:

Artists can submit to whatever categories they want, but the Grammy committee can move those categories around as they see fit. If they thought it was country they could have moved it, and they didn't 

Edonis
11 minutes ago, MaryJaneHolland said:

What's pop at the end of the day lol? Pop is a term for popular music which is always a different genre :air: I don't see it as an actual genre. However, you have synthpop, electropop etc etc.

It's no Dolly or early Taylor type of country, Joanne has way too many country influences to be labeled as pure pop. It's mostly country-pop and soft rock. Now THAT I thought was common knowledge, but I guess not.

Well, there's no such thing as pure pop. And pop, meaning what is popular, has not been a valid definition for the genre since the 60s so. 

The song structures and writing style, as well as production, indicate that Joanne is pop, regardless of it's influences. :poot:

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

xoxo Craig
1 minute ago, Edonis said:

Well, there's no such thing as pure pop. And pop, meaning what is popular, has not been a valid definition for the genre since the 60s so. 

The song structures and writing style, as well as production, indicate that Joanne is pop, regardless of it's influences. :poot:

Thank you :tony:

Grigio Guy
1 hour ago, imitalian said:

Also Taylor's albums weren't available for streaming until June 2017. Just saying. 

And A Star Is Born was released October of 2018, what’s your point? :bon:

Ailanrutas si siht
  • YAAAS 1
  • Thanks 5

PartySick

If ASIB and Joanne are country than Born This Way is polka, ARTPOP is bluegrass, and The Fame and Fame Monster are opera.

But still slay :applause: where are her CMA's? :grr:

#KeepAmericaGreatAgain 🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸
  • LMAO 5
  • Thanks 1

xoxo Craig
5 minutes ago, PartySick said:

If ASIB and Joanne are country than Born This Way is polka, ARTPOP is bluegrass, and The Fame and Fame Monster are opera.

But still slay :applause: where are her CMA's? :grr:

Born This Way is rock and ARTPOP is not actually pop, but a EDM/Techno album :ladyhaha:

• LMAO 1
  • Love 1

xoxo Craig
2 minutes ago, myluis617 said:

Of course Darling but Taylor is woman of the decade. :triggered: Imma just :reductive:

Gaga had more impact.... imma just :reductive:

• Thanks 2

myluis617
15 minutes ago, Grigio Guy said:

And A Star Is Born was released October of 2018, what’s your point? :bon:

Also she took the music off in 2015... Joanne came out late 2016 and months later Taylors Music was back on streaming platforms.  

Edited by myluis617

xoxo Craig
2 minutes ago, myluis617 said:

Also she took the music off in 2015... Joanne came out late 2016 and months later Taylors Music was back on streaming platforms.  

And your point is...? :poot:

• Thanks 1

MaryJaneHolland
24 minutes ago, Edonis said:

Sooo it's country pop as I said? :poot:

xoxo Craig
3 minutes ago, MaryJaneHolland said:

Sooo it's country pop as I said? :poot:

Soooo its still pop then isn't it? Its not country lmao 

• Like 1

myluis617
14 minutes ago, xoxo Craig said:

Gaga had more impact.... imma just :reductive:

I know, I'm giving side eye to the fact that Taylor is woman of the decade but Gaga  had a big influence with the sounds. First it was with electronic dance music, then she switched up jazz found success, then switch to country and had success as well. When she started experimenting with country other artist started doing the same, I found it odd seeing hip hop artist get inspired but they tried it and we got "old town road". Gaga's experimentation this whole decade proved you can take ideas that may sound ridiculous can actually work out and be something that people look up to. She also endorsed Kendrick Lamar way before he blew up as the biggest rapper of all time.

Edited by myluis617
  • Like 2

warholastar
51 minutes ago, xoxo Craig said:

Its not country though lmao do you even know what country sounds like?

sis I'm kidding

TheSlash
1 hour ago, iAteYoBFsAhole said:

Is everyone going to ignore the fact that ASIB launched INAL and revolutionised country saaxx? 

I read something different there :air:  .

OT: 

And I Oop Whatcha Say GIF by Jasmine Masters

Also Joanne being third :derpga: .

An original mess since 1751
  • LMAO 3