Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
news

EW picks The Edge of Glory the 12th best pop hook of the 2010s

monketsharona

Featured Posts

MetalGaga

I always say these lists are wrong, but I’ll just say I would have chosen different instead. That’s more positive, right? 

They are a mainstream brand and TEOG is anthemic and powerful and all that. I love the song. It’s a safe song for a brand that doesn’t want to pick Judas or DWUW for bad press. Gaga’s performance of DWUW at X Factor cemented that song for me as one of the best hooks in the last ten years. She’s a damn warrior on that stage. There isn’t a song on this list that can touch it. 

Respect to everyone on the list but Gaga is on another level creatively. 

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
monketsharona
3 hours ago, KEVIN STEVE said:

LMAOOOOOOOOOOOOOO half of her worst songs are in your list :ladyhaha:

Reveal hidden contents

and you forgot Cake Like Lady Gaga

I kinda of agree TEOG is one of her best songs, but some of the songs he put on his list are amongst some of her best tracks : Marry The Night, ScheiBe, Bloody Mary, You and I, Judas, ARUTW, John Wayne, Aura... 

Call me crazy but I do think TEOG will be viewed as one of greats on par with BR, JD, PF, Shallow & Born This Way with time 

15 minutes ago, monketsharona said:

I kinda of agree TEOG is one of her best songs, but some of the songs he put on his list are amongst some of her best tracks : Marry The Night, ScheiBe, Bloody Mary, You and I, Judas, ARUTW, John Wayne, Aura... 

Yes, some of them are some of her best songs, but some of them aren't, and some of them are some of her worst :emma:

HosedDownGypsy

TEOG is exactly the type of song she needs to serve as the LG6 lead :pray:

RAIN ON ME

Sarah H
51 minutes ago, xoxo Craig said:

I watch the performances of it at the JWT and just think "thats the way it should have been all along". It just makes the song much more intimate, I can see what she is trying to tell, I can hear her amazing voice, it makes me feel some type of way that I don't get from the studio version. 

Its like, the studio version has this 80's pop vibe to it and its supposed to be upbeat and danceable (in a way)... which is in contrast to the songs meaning and lyrics. Like, can you imagine Million Reasons with that type of production? To me it doesn't suit the song and stripping it all back allows for that meaning, vulnerability, passion, vocal ability, and truth to shine through. 

I also have this same feeling with Born This Way, though I absolutely love the studio version and will bop to it... but it means so much more hearing it on a piano and her voice

All of this. I prefer the stripped down versions so much more. I need an album of them! There's so much more emotion in them when it's just Gaga at the piano singing them.

1 hour ago, COOOK said:

and its video should’ve been.. well... and Nina Bonina Brown should’ve been Blac Chyna, let me just drop this. :koons:

I actually think the video is great. Maybe it's a hind sight situation since she's been visally.... dry since BTW with a few exceptions.

nenhures
3 minutes ago, Sarah H said:

All of this. I prefer the stripped down versions so much more. I need an album of them! There's so much more emotion in them when it's just Gaga at the piano singing them.

If Gaga released an acoustic and/or live album I would literally lose my mind. Her live performances, especially the ones where she's at the piano, are unparalleled.

xoxo Craig
3 minutes ago, nenhures said:

If Gaga released an acoustic and/or live album I would literally lose my mind. Her live performances, especially the ones where she's at the piano, are unparalleled.

And thats why I would really want to see Jazz + Piano, and if she tours LG6 then see her live there :giveup:   Her live performances of some songs are better than their studio recordings - that rarely happens with other artists nowadays 

End Racism Now

Dancing On My Own is really the song of the decade for me, it's dancey but sad at the same time and now even feels so nostalgic so it's like the complete package for me.

I have an argument with myself between Love On Top and Best Thing I Never Had so idk which one had to be on that list.

Apart from Royals and Rather Be, I think they shouldn't be on the list, I think the list is very relatable and I agree with most of it.

Je ne parle pas français but I can padam if you like

34 minutes ago, GrigioGirl1 said:

I actually think the video is great. Maybe it's a hind sight situation since she's been visally.... dry since BTW with a few exceptions.

I like it, don't get me wrong, and it's quite powerful regardless. I just began to think of the 'what could've been' (and wanted to bring Nina Bonina Brown to the party)

beaublue

Agreed. Edge of Glory is an energetic blast of euphoria. The entire album Born This Way is an unstoppable, anthemic extravaganza. It’s literally my fav album of hers. It’s consistent all the way through, the lyrical content is fantastic, the melodic journey is on par with the best of them & the imagery just ties the entire story together. Explosive stadium anthems, gritty industrial ear worms & soaring ballads. It’s legit the perfect album.

beaublue
2 hours ago, xoxo Craig said:

One of her worst imo :huntyga:

I wouldn’t say it’s her worst but I def think it’s in the bottom 5 based solely on the lyrical content. Gaga is such a great writer & has proven how intelligently she can write but Hair is not it. Compared to Bloody Mary, Judas, Bad Romance, Mary Jane Holland etc. it doesn’t even come close.

Archived