news

EW picks The Edge of Glory the 12th best pop hook of the 2010s

monketsharona

Featured Posts

xoxo Craig
2 minutes ago, KEVIN STEVE said:

Like?

Well... 

Released this decade... Judas, Marry The Night, Bloody Mary, You and I, Scheiße, Applause, Swine,  Aura, Venus, Sexxx Dreams, Donatella, Shallow, Heal Me, I'll Never Love Again, Always Remember Us This Way, Perfect Illusion, John Wayne, Dancin In Circles... :huntyga:

End Racism Now

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, xoxo Craig said:

Well... 

Released this decade... Judas, Marry The Night, Bloody Mary, You and I, Scheiße, Applause, Swine,  Aura, Venus, Sexxx Dreams, Donatella, Shallow, Heal Me, I'll Never Love Again, Always Remember Us This Way, Perfect Illusion, John Wayne, Dancin In Circles... :huntyga:

LMAOOOOOOOOOOOOOO half of her worst songs are in your list :ladyhaha:

Spoiler

and you forgot Cake Like Lady Gaga

MonSwiftAnton

YES! It's my favorite song by her and also the one I'm planning to have on my own funeral. Can't wait!!! :enigma:

Edge of Glory is one of the most underrated songs ever. It should have been bigger, it should be better remembered, it should be praised more. 

Animal Claws
3 hours ago, xoxo Craig said:

Good for Gaga but Gaga has better songs :huntyga:

No. It's her best. Sorry

19 minutes ago, GrigioGirl1 said:

Edge of Glory is one of the most underrated songs ever. It should have been bigger, it should be better remembered, it should be praised more. 

and its video should’ve been.. well... and Nina Bonina Brown should’ve been Blac Chyna, let me just drop this. :koons:

I’m here for 5 minute long songs with instrumental breakdowns and weird ass production. LG6 better deliver another anthemic song like TEOG. 

joannesrats
3 hours ago, monketsharona said:

Clarence Clemons was a ****ing master in saxophone ! Glad she had him on two of her songs (and in her video) before he died ! 

What was her other song?

xoxo Craig
34 minutes ago, Animal Claws said:

No. It's her best. Sorry

If it was just piano, Gaga's vocals and maybe guitar and the sax, I think I would have liked it better

End Racism Now

nenhures
1 minute ago, xoxo Craig said:

If it was just piano, Gaga's vocals and maybe guitar and the sax, I think I would have liked it better

I like TEOG as it is but I agree that if it were a little more stripped down I would like it better. The lyrics are some of Gaga's best and her acoustic performances of the song like the one at Coachella (especially the one at Weekend 2 where she dedicated the song to Sonja) elevate it so much.

xoxo Craig
2 hours ago, KEVIN STEVE said:

LMAOOOOOOOOOOOOOO half of her worst songs are in your list :ladyhaha:

Reveal hidden contents

and you forgot Cake Like Lady Gaga

I'm so sorry you feel that way but those songs are better than TEOG (studio version) :vegas:

End Racism Now

xoxo Craig
1 minute ago, nenhures said:

I like TEOG as it is but I agree that if it were a little more stripped down I would like it better. The lyrics are some of Gaga's best and her acoustic performances of the song like the one at Coachella (especially the one at Weekend 2 where she dedicated the song to Sonja) elevate it so much.

I watch the performances of it at the JWT and just think "thats the way it should have been all along". It just makes the song much more intimate, I can see what she is trying to tell, I can hear her amazing voice, it makes me feel some type of way that I don't get from the studio version. 

Its like, the studio version has this 80's pop vibe to it and its supposed to be upbeat and danceable (in a way)... which is in contrast to the songs meaning and lyrics. Like, can you imagine Million Reasons with that type of production? To me it doesn't suit the song and stripping it all back allows for that meaning, vulnerability, passion, vocal ability, and truth to shine through. 

I also have this same feeling with Born This Way, though I absolutely love the studio version and will bop to it... but it means so much more hearing it on a piano and her voice

End Racism Now

Archived