💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
news

EW picks The Edge of Glory the 12th best pop hook of the 2010s

monketsharona

Featured Posts

monketsharona

12. “Edge of Glory” – Lady Gaga (2011)

Lady Gaga may have crash-landed into music as an electropop oddity, but the 2010s revealed a crucial fact about her artistic makeup: She loves big-tent arena rock. “The Edge of Glory,” from her sprawling 2011 album Born This Way, showed that she could thrash with the best of them. Assisted by Springsteen’s Big Man, saxophonist Clarence Clemons, she revels in bravado in a way that recalls jukebox heroes and other rock strivers, capped by a chorus that’s as lighter-ready as it is made for club remixes. —MJ

https://ew.com/music/2019/12/03/the-best-pop-hooks-of-the-2010s/?utm_source=twitter.com&utm_term=F33E52F2-15E1-11EA-A924-2CCD4744363C&utm_content=link&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=entertainmentweekly_ew

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
GaGaAst

I was just listening this masterpiece. Honesty one of the best songs ever made.. 

My favourite is saxophone part. 

Love it when you call me legs In the morning, buy me eggs

monketsharona

Clarence Clemons was a ****ing master in saxophone ! Glad she had him on two of her songs (and in her video) before he died ! 

Edonis

The Edge of Glory is timeless and deserved to go number 1 in the US! :diane:

Truly one of her best songs of all time, and one of my favorite songs ever! She did that three years into her career! Whew! :applause:

monketsharona
Just now, Edonis said:

The Edge of Glory is timeless and deserved to go number 1 in the US! :diane:

Truly one of her best songs of all time, and one of my favorite songs ever! She did that three years into her career! Whew! :applause:

Yeah Bad Romance and TEOG are the two Gaga songs I'm still pissed it didn't hit #1 in the USA 

Edonis
3 minutes ago, monketsharona said:

Yeah Bad Romance and TEOG are the two Gaga songs I'm still pissed it didn't hit #1 in the USA 

Literal crimes...She would have six number ones by now :bradley:

This... is actually a fantastic list? Although I'd rank TEOG higher (biased, of course), I don't disagree with the top five. Hell, I agree with number one.

That said, TEOG is one of Gaga's best, if not best, songs! Y'all better stan!

3 points in and ready for more

Archived