Teal Ambition

This made so sad :cryga: The album is really good, it deserves better 

▌│█║▌║▌║ before I am Canadian, I am Chromatican ║▌║▌║█│▌

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Economy

Meh old established artists have this kind of phenomenon happen

Long time loyal fans buy the album when it's released but then there's not many in the GP following them to buy it

Most big old established artists have this happen only difference is it happened to an even bigger extent to Celine than usual

Arcanum

She has diamonds, platinums and golds in her pocket + served our ears with taste for more than 30 years + her album implements her voice without any gimmicks. GP doesn't care about her new songs because they are already busy serving her LEGENDARY status.

I Wantth your Love...I Wantth your Love.

Battle 4 Ur Life

as if would Celine f* Dion needed worry about that.

I swear these chart b*ttoms are so f* dumb

"We own the Downtown, hear our sound."

PopThatArt

And what? Does this change the quality of the music? Does this change anything about the music on the album at all? What's your point?

Go see A Star is Born

doppelganger
1 hour ago, gabrielflorin01 said:

Streaming hurts veteran acts and that's a fact, they rely on physical sales, which are non existent these days and bundles only mask that in week one. And Billboard 200 is not really that important for anyone who loves to follow artists with a legacy. She doesn't have streaming numbers to sustain her on the charts and nearly all charts implement streaming nowadays.

It's pretty much the same story as nearly all pre-streaming boom artists, especially for divas that have been here for decades. Their back catalogue might have some nice numbers, but their new material just doesn't set the streaming on fire. Realistically high peaks the first week and a fast dropout from the charts was what everyone should have expected. No different to latest releases from other divas:

Madonna, Madame X: 1 - 77 - OUT
Christina Aguilera, Liberation: 6 - 98 - OUT
Mariah Carey, Caution: 5 - 55 - 163 - OUT
Avril Lavigne, Head Above Water: 13 - 113 - OUT

Mariah did amazing considering Caution didn't come with ticket bundles. But the lack of streaming hits really affected the longevity of the album on the Hot200, unfortunately. 

Varo Yan
1 hour ago, Candy Gaga said:

Still a legend with zero radio support , minimal promo investment and over 3 decades into her career and got a #1 with great numbers

heart love GIF

TimisaMonster

Its more of a statement in the current state of the music industry and the decay of album sales vs streaming 

Stream my new single, 💜"Heartbeat"💜, on Spotify!

Cavadour
1 hour ago, dancewithnobody said:

she makes a shitload of money because of the tours

Next summer she'll be back in french Switzerland. First time in 10 years.

Last tuesday 50'000 ppl waiting online at salespoint opening.

30'000 tickets sold out in 20 minutes...

Late to the party but I got a diamond heart

Katharine Hepburn
2 hours ago, gabrielflorin01 said:

Streaming hurts veteran acts and that's a fact, they rely on physical sales, which are non existent these days and bundles only mask that in week one. And Billboard 200 is not really that important for anyone who loves to follow artists with a legacy. She doesn't have streaming numbers to sustain her on the charts and nearly all charts implement streaming nowadays.

It's pretty much the same story as nearly all pre-streaming boom artists, especially for divas that have been here for decades. Their back catalogue might have some nice numbers, but their new material just doesn't set the streaming on fire. Realistically high peaks the first week and a fast dropout from the charts was what everyone should have expected. No different to latest releases from other divas:

Madonna, Madame X: 1 - 77 - OUT
Christina Aguilera, Liberation: 6 - 98 - OUT
Mariah Carey, Caution: 5 - 55 - 163 - OUT
Avril Lavigne, Head Above Water: 13 - 113 - OUT

Caution deserved better :bradley:

xoxo Joanne

Archived