Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
funny

Sh*t Lady Gaga says during ARTPOP era

Candy Gaga

Featured Posts

nenhures
17 minutes ago, LVbuttondown said:

I know she was in pain during BTW but was the ARTPOP era her pinnacle of drug use? I mean there are a couple interviews from that era I love (like her drunk on Andy Cohen doing his makeup) but the majority I just can't even begin to understand how high she must have been.

She does mention in an interview on Elvis Duran she was using a lot of drugs during the period in between BTW and ARTPOP. She said that she was high most of the time and relied on drugs for her creative process. The interview was from after ARTPOP was released.

She starts talking about it @ 2:28

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply
25 minutes ago, LVbuttondown said:

I know she was in pain during BTW but was the ARTPOP era her pinnacle of drug use? I mean there are a couple interviews from that era I love (like her drunk on Andy Cohen doing his makeup) but the majority I just can't even begin to understand how high she must have been.

No, I think during the BTWB was definitely the pinnacle. She was doing a lot of drugs during that tour to try and cope with her deteriorating physical and mental health.

I think in the early ARTPOP era she was actually much more sober (obviously not completely) but most of what  you're interpreting as inibration is an 'act' or persona she was putting on. She had done a lot of work with Marina Abramovic and was practising special breathing, meditation, that slow walking etc, and was speaking in that particular way. I think it seems weird to people and they think Gaga being weird = her being high, but I think it was honestly just...her extraness for the most part :laughga:

Later in the era when things were falling apart she seemed to be struggling with her mental health a lot more, which also makes her seem 'off' sometimes.

Pop Music

"it's like a very quick ejaculation when you release an album" 

can she ****ing cum out LG6 already 

Gaga 💝Taylor 💝Carly Rae 💝Rina 💝MARINA 💝Britney💝Lights 💝Shania 💝Sigrid💝

Fame Romance

She was so in drugs during that time OMG :koons:

(Well it’s not that she seems much cleaner now with her random tweets...)

i miss this era so much. i miss all the memories attached to this era, especially of high school

angels forever, forever angels

Arcanum
4 hours ago, Why am I on GGD said:

Fun fact: the painting she was talking about isn't the "Venus de Milo", but "The Birth of Venus" instead.  Venus de Milo, which is named after the place where it was made/found, is a statue that isn't really related to ARTPOP :huntyga:

Actually yes the seashells are related to Boticcelli's "Birth of Venus", but I thought she used 'Venus de Milo' black and white statue caption in ARTPOP cover, no? :enigma:

I Wantth your Love...I Wantth your Love.

joannesrats
4 hours ago, LVbuttondown said:

TFM was the peak of her drug use. She was smoking a lot of pot but that doesn't make her say things like this. It was a mixture of trauma and mental illness plus her trying to get her artistic process across to the public

nenhures
4 minutes ago, PhillipBagshaw said:

TFM was the peak of her drug use. She was smoking a lot of pot but that doesn't make her say things like this. It was a mixture of trauma and mental illness plus her trying to get her artistic process across to the public

I feel like Gaga is one of those people whose mind works too fast and she struggles to convey into words her artistic vision (I fully relate to that myself) and it ends up coming off as convoluted or pretentious even though it stems from a genuine place.

She's very fascinating in the way she thinks and speaks and the combination of it all (trauma, mental illness and, in some instances, drug use as you said) makes her be misunderstood or brushed off a lot of the time.

As funny as some of it can be, it's quite interesting to go back to her interviews where she talks about her albums and digest the things she's trying to communicate. I think that the fact that she's so eloquent yet awkward is part of why she's so endearing to me.

joannesrats
1 minute ago, nenhures said:

I feel like Gaga is one of those people whose mind works too fast and she struggles to convey into words her artistic vision (I fully relate to that myself) and it ends up coming off as convoluted or pretentious even though it stems from a genuine place.

She's very fascinating in the way she thinks and speaks and the combination of it all (trauma, mental illness and, in some instances, drug use as you said) makes her be misunderstood or brushed off a lot of the time.

As funny as some of it can be, it's quite interesting to go back to her interviews where she talks about her albums and digest the things she's trying to communicate. I think that the fact that she's so eloquent yet awkward is part of why she's so endearing to me.

Yes, same. I used to be an artist and I fully relate to having broad, intense concepts and ideas that stem from so many different things in my life that I struggle to articulate.

Head Empty
1 hour ago, Arcanum said:

Actually yes the seashells are related to Boticcelli's "Birth of Venus", but I thought she used 'Venus de Milo' black and white statue caption in ARTPOP cover, no? :enigma:

Nope, it's Bernini's "Apollo and Daphne" sculpture:

tumblr_mubrshScis1qccmuxo1_500.png

ChicaSkas
5 hours ago, LVbuttondown said:

What does it look like when shes high

Do YOU own the 4' by 6' Perfect Illusion promo Poster? Will pay you for it. Pic: http://i.imgur.com/UWuzumk

Archived