HeavyCapiLover
2 minutes ago, KEVIN STEVE said:

Old Town Road wasn't a big hit outside of the US, Shallow was 100x bigger

It was still a streming monster, the US just made it overrated 

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
gypsy101

uhh how? was old town road that weak that it was number 1 for 19 weeks but won’t have been the most streamed song of the year?

PatrickMonster
2 hours ago, KatieJudasGaga4 said:

What are you talking about?

Justin had a huge hit called Senorita

President Biden
2 hours ago, Awakened M said:

Honestly, all the promo for the song ruined it for me.

I was hoping for more Halsey love this year. She deserves more streams and recognition, especially with her solo releases. Nightmare and Graveyard are among my favorite releases.

Justice for Nightmare

I got drunk

loathereality
5 hours ago, ReginaGeorge said:

Oh well at least it’s a pop song and not some hiphop trash :lolly: Pop music is making a comeback next year 

thats honestly what i thought

elijahfan

Always find it funny when people talk about streaming records. It basically means you won at "song that people least wanted to actually purchase" :oops:

TheRoof
3 hours ago, KEVIN STEVE said:

Old Town Road wasn't a big hit outside of the US, Shallow was 100x bigger

it went number 1 in more than 15 countries:laughga: and top5 all over Europe except Finland were it peaked at 6:laughga: , it was highly global.

ot: well...... at least we can say that a lead female song went number 1 for the first time in Spotify history?

1 hour ago, elijahfan said:

Always find it funny when people talk about streaming records. It basically means you won at "song that people least wanted to actually purchase" :oops:

Streaming services are way more convenient :laughga: people want to spend less, not more. Not many of today's hits sell big in digital sales. 

The night sky tells all

PopThatArt

It's a complete lie. Spotify is taking bribes to inflate stream numbers. 

Go see A Star is Born

17 minutes ago, MarlonBrando7 said:

it went number 1 in more than 15 countries:laughga: and top5 all over Europe except Finland were it peaked at 6:laughga: , it was highly global.

ot: well...... at least we can say that a lead female song went number 1 for the first time in Spotify history?

It does not define impact & longevity, it was a global hit for sure (and I didn't say otherwise) but it was not a global monster (especially not on the radio)

Archived