💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
life

Gaga bashed by Taylor’s Chinese Fans

ThunderSwallow

Featured Posts

1 hour ago, LilyLark said:

Do you know if it is true that China banned a sh*t ton of celebs from performing in China because they performed in Taiwan at one point?

It's true but not in all the cases.

Mostly it would be Taiwanese fans giving the performer our national flag but in China it could be a symbol of Taiwan Independence 

So they got banned

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Franch Toast

If only LG actually were following a HK activist...This is a tangent, but I was just in HK, and I was right in the epicenter of a standoff between police and protestors (most of them are not rioters), and based on what I have seen with my own eyes, no media  manipulation, the HK police are out of control. I have seen horrific things I'm still processing.  And just yesterday, they fired tear gas at a peaceful protest that had received government approval. I *wish* LG were political enough to support the HK protests. Too many people are scared of China, including the cowardly, hypocritical NBA. 

She/Her/Hers

ThunderSwallow
1 hour ago, Franch Toast said:

If only LG actually were following a HK activist...This is a tangent, but I was just in HK, and I was right in the epicenter of a standoff between police and protestors (most of them are not rioters), and based on what I have seen with my own eyes, no media  manipulation, the HK police are out of control. I have seen horrific things I'm still processing.  And just yesterday, they fired tear gas at a peaceful protest that had received government approval. I *wish* LG were political enough to support the HK protests. Too many people are scared of China, including the cowardly, hypocritical NBA. 

I’m from China mainland and I just wanna say

STAND WITH HONG KONG

光复香港

时代革命

五大诉求

缺一不可

truthteller

Chinese Swifties exploiting a humanitarian crisis as a smear campaign against another fanbase :rip:

the amount, the level and the complexity of clownery :rip: 

the music industry version of the russian fake news info war :rip:

i-

pop a 911

What annoys me worldwide honestly is no one seems to remember that all Gaga is, is an entertainer. She is not obligated to put her two cents in on every political incident in the world. Whether it’s in America, China, etc. when it all comes down to it, she is just an entertainer meant to entertain others and bring joy to them. It’s nice when she can show what she stands for and believes in, but she is not obligated to show her stance on anything. 

i’m not real, i’m theatre

starwalker
5 hours ago, ThunderSwallow said:

I’m from China mainland and I just wanna say

STAND WITH HONG KONG

光复香港

时代革命

五大诉求

缺一不可

Wow.

Didn't expect to see these words on a Gaga forum.

On behalf of all HKers I salute you and thank you for the love and support.

Those Weibo people can stay pressed behind the firewall lol

🇭🇰/🇬🇧 • watch my blues turn gold

starwalker
7 hours ago, Franch Toast said:

Are you from HK? If not what brought you here amid the current situation???

I don't even go to the downtown area as much these days...

🇭🇰/🇬🇧 • watch my blues turn gold

March34th
11 hours ago, skedaddleBItCh said:

I thought Gaga bashed Taylor's fans except the Chinese ones:messga:

I'm screaming imagining her having an Azealia Banks moment where she pulls up on IG stories dragging Taylor fans but for some reason making a random exception for any Swifties in mainland China :bradley: crackhead energy for LG6 era please

Franch Toast
2 hours ago, HimWS said:

Are you from HK? If not what brought you here amid the current situation???

I don't even go to the downtown area as much these days...

No, I'm not from HK. I came for work (a conference) and showed up a few days earlier for some professional and personal meetings. My conference hotel was on the Island, but before that I was staying at Hotel ICON across from Poly U, which is how I ended up in the literal midst of the action. Our hotel lobby was tear gassed, and the concierge had to distribute masks. It was surreal to watch hundreds (thousands?) of riot police descend on Hung Hom, armed with military-grade weapons, and to watch them shoot water cannons laced with who knows what chemicals at the protestors, who in turn tossed Molotov cocktails back at them, burning the bridge and part of Hung Hom station in the process. I thought the hotel was going to catch fire and grabbed all of my valuables from the safe and then stayed in the lobby in case I needed to flee quickly. We saw first responders get arrested for trying to help protestors, and we saw many of the protestors arrested and then carted off to large police buses in various groups, segregated by sex. (The police had chased the protestors into the shopping plaza across from the hotel.)

When I moved to the Island, I realized how schizophrenic the city is, as things mostly seemed normal, other than the MTR closing early, thus causing restaurants and shops to likewise close up shop early, and there was the occasional graffiti in Central. But as you know, Kowloon is an entirely different story. I had to do an event in Mongkok, which actually was okay during the daytime, but everyone warned me to get out before evening. On another day, my friend and I went shopping in Mongkok and Yau Ma Tei and could smell the tear gas residue in the MTR stations and even in Langham Place Shopping Mall. It's so sad. So many of my HK friends, including transplanted mainlanders, are traumatized. I hope you're doing okay. 

She/Her/Hers

27monster27

tumblr_p2f09isDLK1x194cuo1_400.gifv

I-

Why are they doing this? What have those other celebrities done to them? I hope that this can be resolved somehow...

he/him/his

ThunderSwallow
8 hours ago, HimWS said:

Wow.

Didn't expect to see these words on a Gaga forum.

On behalf of all HKers I salute you and thank you for the love and support.

Those Weibo people can stay pressed behind the firewall lol

We are all family and we only has one enemy CCP! Every time watch you guys on twitter just make me tearful...

ToT

You are true heroes!

Plan to visit Hong Kong next month and have lunch In those restaurants that support the students. 

May the glory back to Hong Kong and you should all stay strong and be safe.

XOXO

ThunderSwallow
6 hours ago, Franch Toast said:

No, I'm not from HK. I came for work (a conference) and showed up a few days earlier for some professional and personal meetings. My conference hotel was on the Island, but before that I was staying at Hotel ICON across from Poly U, which is how I ended up in the literal midst of the action. Our hotel lobby was tear gassed, and the concierge had to distribute masks. It was surreal to watch hundreds (thousands?) of riot police descend on Hung Hom, armed with military-grade weapons, and to watch them shoot water cannons laced with who knows what chemicals at the protestors, who in turn tossed Molotov cocktails back at them, burning the bridge and part of Hung Hom station in the process. I thought the hotel was going to catch fire and grabbed all of my valuables from the safe and then stayed in the lobby in case I needed to flee quickly. We saw first responders get arrested for trying to help protestors, and we saw many of the protestors arrested and then carted off to large police buses in various groups, segregated by sex. (The police had chased the protestors into the shopping plaza across from the hotel.)

When I moved to the Island, I realized how schizophrenic the city is, as things mostly seemed normal, other than the MTR closing early, thus causing restaurants and shops to likewise close up shop early, and there was the occasional graffiti in Central. But as you know, Kowloon is an entirely different story. I had to do an event in Mongkok, which actually was okay during the daytime, but everyone warned me to get out before evening. On another day, my friend and I went shopping in Mongkok and Yau Ma Tei and could smell the tear gas residue in the MTR stations and even in Langham Place Shopping Mall. It's so sad. So many of my HK friends, including transplanted mainlanders, are traumatized. I hope you're doing okay. 

Thank you for telling ppl the truth about Hong Kong and wish u all the best. 

Archived