Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
movie

What do you think about Michael jordan playing super man

RenegAde

Featured Posts

plus : in the comic culture you can create anything you want, in the dimension you want, as much multiverses as you want.... Like.... So please.... People trying to say 'issa no'. I'm here to knock down some arguments. You can totally have a black superman from the future, coming because the old one disappeared in a black hole.... Duh. trying to save the Earth from climate change and a robot invasion, and then he's helped by Batman and they have s$x....

Spoiler

(wait no that cannot happen)..... 

hello hello baby.

35 minutes ago, brucee said:

come on it's fiction. For better or worse you can't even fly or X-ray stare at people.

Open your heart and don't be that conservative. 

I’m not lol I’m saying that the privileges that Clark Kent grew up with and formed his character were because of whiteness. His race never really came up? Down home Kansas boy? Yes, that’s because he was a white guy (visually lol). If he was black that would fundamentally change the way he sees the world or at the very least should if they’re going to recognize that race is more than a color. That’s what I mean. It’s not as simple as just swapping skin tones as those skin tones inform so much of the way they see the world and rightfully so. That’s why I said I’m ok with them changing the story but I’m saying that if they leave Superman’s story as-is with no changes and just make him MBJ then that, to me, is incredibly racially ignorant and blind. Black Panther worked because it recognized blackness as a valid perspective to tell a story. All I’m saying is that a simple color swap wouldn't work as race is more complicated than just the color.

6 hours ago, River said:

What is cool about comics is that there's always an alternative story with a different kind a perspective of the character, even the color of their skin.

He's an alien, he grew up as a white American because he was found by white Americans, but he's NOT white American, he's a Kryptonian.

They could rewrite that he has been found by an Afro-American family and people would still complain..

This obsession with the "original story" with comics characters is annoying, especially when it comes from people who never read the comics and has no clue about the alternative stories.

But at that point why not just change the characters because you’ll have to alter so much that the characters are basically unrecognizable lol like, make the Kents a black family in Kansas and you change a lot more than maybe one insensitive line here or jibe there. It would completely change the outlook they have on the world.

Have you seen the new Watchmen show? I like the way they pose the question of essentially whether or not Superman would be accepted as a hero if he was black and then answer it by saying “no”. Like, white dude writers love that messiah complex with Superman but that would definitely not be there if he was black. I’m very very very okay with an Elsewords sort of story where someone *else* is Superman because I think then you have free reign to bring race into his perspective a bit more. What we typically have is a Superman who does not have to concern himself with race (or at least it never comes up) because it doesn’t affect him. It *would* affect him were he black, though. So would I want Kal-El being black? Not really because it feels insensitive and racially blind to just swap colors. Am I okay with them making *someone else* Superman? Definitely! Tell that very compelling story where race is a relevant component of it! I’d love to hear it! It just wouldn’t make sense for that story to come from the character of Kal-El unless you rebuilt the character but kept the name which seems...a bit silly at that point lolol

ElectricKing
9 hours ago, RenegAde said:

So it has been reported that Michael B Jordan has been meeting with producers to  to pitch new ideas regarding the new man of steel,  which includes him playing the role. What do y'all think about this?

I thinks its a terrible idea personally, superman has been here for such a long time . he has a look and aesthetic and Michael jordan simply does not have that.

@Talenti :wtfga:

1 hour ago, Ziggy said:

But at that point why not just change the characters because you’ll have to alter so much that the characters are basically unrecognizable lol like, make the Kents a black family in Kansas and you change a lot more than maybe one insensitive line here or jibe there. It would completely change the outlook they have on the world.

Have you seen the new Watchmen show? I like the way they pose the question of essentially whether or not Superman would be accepted as a hero if he was black and then answer it by saying “no”. Like, white dude writers love that messiah complex with Superman but that would definitely not be there if he was black. I’m very very very okay with an Elsewords sort of story where someone *else* is Superman because I think then you have free reign to bring race into his perspective a bit more. What we typically have is a Superman who does not have to concern himself with race (or at least it never comes up) because it doesn’t affect him. It *would* affect him were he black, though. So would I want Kal-El being black? Not really because it feels insensitive and racially blind to just swap colors. Am I okay with them making *someone else* Superman? Definitely! Tell that very compelling story where race is a relevant component of it! I’d love to hear it! It just wouldn’t make sense for that story to come from the character of Kal-El unless you rebuilt the character but kept the name which seems...a bit silly at that point lolol

And it's ok if the messiah complex wouldn't be there, it's ok to add a conflict to a character, how would Superman deal if white cop would shoot his father? would he revenge it?

In some sense to make him black can make him more vulnerable and add more depth to the character.

Also we are still on earth, there are some racists who hates Superman because he's not human and he's an illegal alien (pun intended), so it exist and he needs to deal with it too, so in this whole perfection, there are so many fractures, that btw in the movie they just go easy and the only problem is the villain and to save Lois, this is why the movies always suck.. 

Je ne parle pas français but I can padam if you like

11 minutes ago, River said:

And it's ok if the messiah complex wouldn't be there, it's ok to add a conflict to a character, how would Superman deal if white cop would shoot his father? would he revenge it?

In some sense to make him black can make him more vulnerable and add more depth to the character.

Also we are still on earth, there are some racists who hates Superman because he's not human and he's an illegal alien (pun intended), so it exist and he needs to deal with it too, so in this whole perfection, there are so many fractures, that btw in the movie they just go easy and the only problem is the villain and to save Lois, this is why the movies always suck.. 

Well and that's where I'm like, "...this wouldn't be Clark Kent. It would be a different character." which is itself cool; make a new character who was designed to explore these things and explore the Superman legacy in that way. I"m v okay if we don't see the messiah complex again, I just mean that that is something that really is only able to happen because he's white. So many of his problems and stories are because of that (oh you don't feel accepted or understood? Well at least the world accepts you as their protector and visually you are the paradigm: a built, coiffed, white guy).

Personally, I think given the nature of the Superman character, I would rather see something explored in the illegal alien realm like you pointed out. I think it's a more natural fit for the character given his origins and on the surface at least seems more narratively ripe and overlooked. Make a character that is LatinX and raised as such and have those be his guiding principles. Basically, I think that the Clark Kent story is somewhat out of date unless given a new angle (like exploring his relative privilege) and I would rather they expand the super family and create characters (elsewords or whatever) who can explore the symbol of Superman through these very relevant questions and angles.

Truth be told, I think the biggest issue is that the writing for Superman comes from straight white guys and no one else haha Like, the Chinese Superman that they introduced a few years ago was a fascinating story idea imo. That's going to be something tooootally different and let you explore a culture outside of Western ones. The issue with Superman is that by and large he is the all-american symbol so when he does explore the world it feels more like propaganda for US involvement overseas lololol

Archived