Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
other

Haus Labs palette PANNED on reddit

Supersonic

Featured Posts

bluemonkey
4 hours ago, Sanne Godijn said:

Gaga spent 2years creating hauslabs and was involved in every aspect of it why would 2years creating something if she is not interested in it that doesnt make sense to me you clearly have some research to do also gaga has worn hauslabs during her vegas jazz piano shows 

So are you expecting me to be more understanding? Obviously she had tons of **** going with the ASIB promo and the residency so you tell me how much time she squeezed actually perfecting the formulas and coming up with concepts and packaging as you can see from the Shane and Jeffree series how much work and time it takes to get it right. Be reasonable especially for a woman who has an illness. 

This is what I hate about this site, we can’t have an open opinion without someone acting all nazi going “how dare you say that? Gaga puts her own blood in every single formula! She cares that much!” Like really? Are we still in the 90’s again? Like we get music nowadays don’t make money and artists are looking for other ways to make money and that’s okay, call it what it is rather than come up with elaborate excuses like “well she needed to come out with a neutral pallet because it sell well and appeal to more people” because people would turn to Gaga for a basic pallet that they can get anywhere and probably for cheaper. 

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply
doppelganger

Mothership_V_Eyeshadow_Palette.jpg.750x7

$125 dollar palette from Pat Macgrath (arguably the greatest living makeup artist).  At the end of the day, it's makeup. Branding and packaging is important, but only in the sense of the target market that they are trying to appeal to. Let's wait for the actual reviews.

24 minutes ago, Doot said:

No one said you couldn't dislike it. That's not what people are dragging you for. 

And I don't "stan" everything Gaga related. Again, you pulling stuff out of thin air. 

I don't call myself a stan, because I think the idea of it is dumber than hell. I don't think everything she does is amazing, she's got plenty of things that I find atrocious. 

And you chose to ignore how I posted multiple example refuting your claim that the world hates it. 

Feel better. 

Because 3 posts about people who bought the Glam Attacks overweights an ENTIRE thread of comments bashing a palette :ladyhaha:

10 minutes ago, doppelganger said:

Mothership_V_Eyeshadow_Palette.jpg.750x7

$125 dollar palette from Pat Macgrath (arguably the greatest living makeup artist).  At the end of the day, it's makeup. Branding and packaging is important, but only in the sense of the target market that they are trying to appeal to. Let's wait for the actual reviews.

What are you implying here ?

This palette looks great. Actually, it's the whole aesthetic Haus Labs has been shamelessly ripping off since day one (for starters, the brand name is Pat McGrath Labs and is all about black packaging). This palette has a mirror, is not made out of cheap-looking matte plastic and has a cool name (Mothership if it's the one I think it is).

Obviously this is not mind-blowing packaging. It's purposely subtle. Actually I was very excited when I first heard about the Haus Labs packaging because I thought it'd go that way. Only, it was not executed well at all. Generic names, bland shades, and the packaging ended up looking cheap rather than clean. 

Pat McGrath is a legend and her makeup has insane quality levels. No matter how good Haus Labs is it will never top that.

It's actually one of my main concerns, how Haus Labs is a blatant ripoff of Pat McGrath. 

doppelganger
15 minutes ago, Enigma said:

What are you implying here ?

This palette looks great. Actually, it's the whole aesthetic Haus Labs has been shamelessly ripping off since day one (for starters, the brand name is Pat McGrath Labs and is all about black packaging). This palette has a mirror, is not made out of cheap-looking matte plastic and has a cool name (Mothership if it's the one I think it is).

Obviously this is not mind-blowing packaging. It's purposely subtle. Actually I was very excited when I first heard about the Haus Labs packaging because I thought it'd go that way. Only, it was not executed well at all. Generic names, bland shades, and the packaging ended up looking cheap rather than clean. 

Pat McGrath is a legend and her makeup has insane quality levels. No matter how good Haus Labs is it will never top that.

It's actually one of my main concerns, how Haus Labs is a blatant ripoff of Pat McGrath. 

Black packaging isn't the most original thing, however once a brand use black packaging there is an expectation for premium quality and branding. But I get it, HL is a mass market brand that's trying to appear premium hence people don't really know what to think of it. But to be honest, i like the matt black casing. 

So far HL products have been well reviewed, though with the palette that remains to be seen. A lot of people were pissing on Glam Attacks before it was released and now they are one of HL's definitive products. 

Uniquecorn
On 11/30/2019 at 5:40 PM, OfficerDolla said:

All of those people forget Haus Labs is not only Gaga, and it's a startup company lol.

Just because Gaga is part of it, doesn't mean it needs to be over the top.

Did they not follow her since 2016 where she started to be "regular"?

EXACTLY, when she started being regular in order to standout again from the pop landscape she created where everyone became eccentric just to keep up with her.

ThatAsianGuy
On 12/1/2019 at 9:38 AM, Enigma said:

Then why is Jeffree Star one of the biggest influencers with a business worth plenty of millions based on rainbow palettes and blue highlighters worth 50$ ? :oprah:

Artistic makeup is bigger now than ever and has even became a daily wear thing thanks to Instagram trends.

There are PLENTY of bold colorful brands making BANK.

Also it's sad to see y'all are just happy that she gives up on her artistry to pander to the GP for a few cheap bucks.

Also also there are ways to do wearable palettes that are cohesive, look cute and are refreshing. Anastasia Beverly Hills exists.

This whole brand is a knockoff version of Path McGrath labs.

It's honestly depressing to see everyone get caught in their admiration for Gaga and not being able how messy this brand is on many levels.

I think the aim of the Palette is to harmonize with the glam attacks. CauseThat makes sense. The colors are a bit toned down just perfect for the glam attcaks to be a topper. For you its a basic palette but for most its not. Remember what they say about the glamattacks. Its nothing new but it sells like pancakes and easily got rave reviews. I get that your a Gaga fan that wants GAGA make up. But if its not for you then theres a hell lotta choice out there. You dont need to make Haus Laboratories look bad.

just because it's gaga doesn't mean it's supposed to be that over the top in terms of ... colors. 

Spoiler

please she's been classical for years now

But she clearly has good formulas. It's like.... Being a musician and making sure your bass is well balanced in each room you play every night in, it's much more important than having the best costume on stage. 

hello hello baby.

Sanne Godijn
4 hours ago, bluemonkey said:

So are you expecting me to be more understanding? Obviously she had tons of **** going with the ASIB promo and the residency so you tell me how much time she squeezed actually perfecting the formulas and coming up with concepts and packaging as you can see from the Shane and Jeffree series how much work and time it takes to get it right. Be reasonable especially for a woman who has an illness. 

This is what I hate about this site, we can’t have an open opinion without someone acting all nazi going “how dare you say that? Gaga puts her own blood in every single formula! She cares that much!” Like really? Are we still in the 90’s again? Like we get music nowadays don’t make money and artists are looking for other ways to make money and that’s okay, call it what it is rather than come up with elaborate excuses like “well she needed to come out with a neutral pallet because it sell well and appeal to more people” because people would turn to Gaga for a basic pallet that they can get anywhere and probably for cheaper. 

Im not attacking you for your opinion nor am i making any excuses but im sick of poeple who are trashing the pruducts before trying and im also sick of people who keep saying that is doing it just for the money wich isnt true and that she didnt out any effort into it wich is also not true thats all

littlepotter
On 12/1/2019 at 11:23 AM, SKANK said:

tumblr_inline_n5bxokJxg81soma0j.gif

You've been an active member of a pop star's fan forum since 2016, with content count of 16,027, and your last post was discussing Justin Beiber's haircut.

Whether you like or dislike her makeup bran, you're using your time as poorly as the rest of us. :vegas:

You litchally came at me with facts and I have to applaud :bradley: 

(For the record, my comment was  more of a personal statement relative to my current state - I wish i had time to worry about a gaga's makeup brand instead of my finals and due papers. god knows i've discussed haus labs many a time)

chaeri pls

JANNNNEEEEEEEE
On 11/30/2019 at 9:40 AM, OfficerDolla said:

All of those people forget Haus Labs is not only Gaga, and it's a startup company lol.

Just because Gaga is part of it, doesn't mean it needs to be over the top.

Did they not follow her since 2016 where she started to be "regular"?

so true well said 

evgenigerm2

I mean, most of the public hates on Kylie Cosmetics (for example) and there's been so many scandals, yet she has a billion dollars net worth because of this very same company. After all, people hate on everything, but when it's trendy, they go out and buy it. Years after its launch, Kylie's still getting her check from the brand, even though her new collections aren't as highly awaited as the first few ones. Haus Labs is #1 on Amazon after every single launch, so regardless of what anyone has to say, she seems to sell quite a lot and there's still so many positive comments. :ohwell:

„I allow myself to fail. I allow myself to break. I'm not afraid of my flaws.“

Archived