💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
other

Haus Labs palette PANNED on reddit

Supersonic

Featured Posts

Lord Temptation

But do people who care about fashion and make up care about what a bunch of faceless nobodies think? :oprah:

Unless you’re a social media influencer with a well known face and hella followers your opinion is garbage :lolga:

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply
evilfaqqot

Who cares what Reddit has to say? :air: The site is a cesspool anyway. Kind of like this shite forum. :giggle:

Sarah H
22 minutes ago, Gypsy Life said:

"celebrity makeup brands just look like nothing but cash grabs to me now"

Wait. A business created to make money?

tenor.gif

Right? Such a new concept! :ohwell:

doppelganger
3 hours ago, THATFoxyFeeling said:

They're making valid points though, like this one for example "The main reason I keep finding this line underwhelming is because she is avant-garde and this line is basic. Do I expect a piece of meat with shadow components? No. But this is just missing a little sprinkle of something. It would have been cool to turn her iconic looks into palettes through packaging/color story." For me personally the packaging for a palette doesn't represent the brand name Haus Laboratories, it's rather basic. :shrug:

The packaging is fantastic I don't know what anyone else expects. They're sophisticated and graphic. 

The eyeshadow colours are great too. Her Fame eye looks are the black racoon eyes, but mostly neutrals and sometimes magenta and the fame palette has all of these. I like how HL swatched the colours on all sorts of skintones.  

Looking at the HausLabs Instagram page you get a sense that people are using the products really creatively.  

LGMonster95

People forgets that Haus Labs is just a start up company who needs to be profitable at first to bring more unique packages and stuff (most makeup brands started from somewhere). They don't seem to like it because It's Gaga and they expect from her to come with crazy over the top products which Gaga isn't really all about that especially nowadays (she's more about sending a message with the stuff that she sells). So far Haus Laboratories has been a success and is acclaimed and the quality of her products has been really praised, the only thing that I see people complaining is her not having the fancy looking stuff that they want from her (that doesn't mean her brand is trash or is not good). 

TheSlash

What I dislike most about HL is how it feels like a way for Gaga to avoid releasing new music. I know she doesn't intent to, but every time she makes an announcement it feels like a missed opportunity imo. The way she ( and also her team ) used all the momentum and buzz from ASIB and the awards season to promote a makeup line instead of new music ( what she is most prominently known for) saddens me :( .

Looking back at this year as a whole, in my eyes it was the worst way to use the buzz :madge: .

Spoiler

This shall not be hate towards HL itself. I know it's what Gaga wanted to do and it's what makes her happy. I'm just sad bc of the overall execution of it all :neyde: .

Ew, David!

Theyre right, the packaging is nothing special and the colors are pretty average, it doesnt stand out accross an extremely saturated market.

Jeffree and Shane just sold out their palette and collection and had the biggest makeup launch ever, who is going to care for a palette like HL's?

Look at the package and the color variety, just imagine instead of CONSPIRACY, "HAUS LABS" "FAME MONSTER" or something like that.

Idk who is making these choices but theyre doing it wrong, the makeup market is insane, if Gaga wants to succeed she needs to up her game ASAP, that palette is just boring

Bloody hooker

As someone who supports Gaga’s venture into the makeup world, I do agree that this palette is underwhelming. She has toned down her aesthetic for the past 3-5 years, but as someone who owns the avant-garde scene this just isn’t it as a main palette.The colors are good, but it’s missing that Gaga flare. Considering that it’s called NO. 1, the next one could be much better.

Also, it probably works better with the glam attacks.

This mutual gaze was a “longing to touch” or a "pre-coitus" stare.

KatieJudasGaga4
4 minutes ago, TheSlash said:

What I dislike most about HL is how it feels like a way for Gaga to avoid releasing new music. I know she doesn't intent to, but every time she makes an announcement it feels like a missed opportunity imo. The way she ( and also her team ) used all the momentum and buzz from ASIB and the awards season to promote a makeup line instead of new music ( what she is most prominently known for) saddens me :( .

Looking back at this year as a whole, in my eyes it was the worst way to use the buzz :madge: .

Hide contents

This shall not be hate towards HL itself. I know it's what Gaga wanted to do and it's what makes her happy. I'm just sad bc of the overall execution of it all :neyde: .

Not trying to be rude, but many users on here pointed out that Gaga would be overexposed again if she immediately released LG6 right after the ASIB hype.

I feel Gaga will released LG6 when she thinks its ready. I would rather have her release something she is 100% done with than release something where she had to rush.

KatieJudasGaga4
12 minutes ago, Adakam said:

Theyre right, the packaging is nothing special and the colors are pretty average, it doesnt stand out accross an extremely saturated market.

Jeffree and Shane just sold out their palette and collection and had the biggest makeup launch ever, who is going to care for a palette like HL's?

Look at the package and the color variety, just imagine instead of CONSPIRACY, "HAUS LABS" "FAME MONSTER" or something like that.

Idk who is making these choices but theyre doing it wrong, the makeup market is insane, if Gaga wants to succeed she needs to up her game ASAP, that palette is just boring

Jeffree Starr has been in the makeup industry for years now though, obviously it would have better marketing strategies, packaging and looks. Haus Labs is still new.

EDIT: Nvm, I read your comment wrong.

3 minutes ago, FlopSlurper said:

did they lie?

They did? There isn't a big market for crazy ass makeup, plus it's literally the first palette, I don't mind it covering the most basic colors. The formulas are what's important, anyway, and so far, HL's formulas are ALL hits.

Plus a startup needs to be profitable before having the funds to expand its range and offer the more niche products that y'all want. Users here don't know anything about businesses and it shows. :ladyhaha:

FlopSlurper
3 minutes ago, JR Gg said:

They did? There isn't a big market for crazy ass makeup, plus it's literally the first palette, I don't mind it covering the most basic colors. The formulas are what's important, anyway, and so far, HL's formulas are ALL hits.

Plus a startup needs to be profitable before having the funds to expand its range and offer the more niche products that y'all want. Users here don't know anything about businesses and it shows. :ladyhaha:

I feel like their strategy is to start safe and get crazier with time when they are already established, I assume they did their research before coming up with their products and know what they are doing.

RAMROD

LMAO pretty sure those are stans of other pop stars, I don't believe regular people would talk that way.

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ unknown.. despair.. a lost (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

Archived