Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
other

Haus Labs palette PANNED on reddit

Supersonic

Featured Posts

Supersonic

I - what? Who asked for an everyday “wearable”palette from a popstar famous for her meat/bubble/spike dresses and 10 inch heels?? Way to completely miss the mark. I don’t like the layout of Kesha’s palette but at least the color story makes sense for KESHA. (113 upvotes)

Gaga DGAF! Her makeup line is so boring and uninspired. Imagine what it could have been in 2010. (266 upvotes)

If theres one person who can sell batshit crazy colors, a full on sci-fi fantasy, its Lady Gaga. This is so basic bitch disappointing. (80 upvotes)

It’s a pretty palette but there are definitely two dozen more with this same color scheme that you can get cheaper and don’t have to buy off amazon. (46 upvotes)

Based off of her eccentric fashion I assumed it would be bold and colorful. Or at least something unique. The whole line is falling flat and doesnt really scream "Lady Gaga" to me. (39 upvotes)

The main reason I keep finding this line underwhelming is because she is avant-garde and this line is basic. Do I expect a piece of meat with shadow components? No. But this is just missing a little sprinkle of something. It would have been cool to turn her iconic looks into palettes through packaging/color story. (24 upvotes)

I’m sad because I’m a HUGE Gaga fan, but I have yet to want any of the products from her makeup brand. This palette looks very underwhelming to me. I wish they were more bolder colors and interesting finishes. (19 upvotes)

This entire brand is honestly just insulting like how ****ing stupid do y’all think we are (6 upvotes)

celebrity makeup brands just look like nothing but cash grabs to me now...just because it worked for rihanna and kylie doesn’t mean it’s going to work for all of y’all lol (3 upvotes)

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply
DitaDolla

All of those people forget Haus Labs is not only Gaga, and it's a startup company lol.

Just because Gaga is part of it, doesn't mean it needs to be over the top.

Did they not follow her since 2016 where she started to be "regular"?

Daylight Jokers

What's up with the Haus Labs hate lately?

Oh wait, it's been there ever since it was launched.

Supersonic
6 minutes ago, OfficerDolla said:

All of those people forget Haus Labs is not only Gaga, and it's a startup company lol.

Just because Gaga is part of it, doesn't mean it needs to be over the top.

Did they not follow her since 2016 where she started to be "regular"?

The point is really: Why make a beauty brand when you're doing the same thing everyone else does? Not gonna lie, I'm usually all up Miss Gaga's rectum and Joanne and ASIB are her best work musically so far, but this entire make up brand so far really has been a miss. It blends in with all the other brands and there's nothing really special about it except... getting some new Gaga photoshoots every 3 months. I used to defend her beauty brand before all the launches, because I really didn't expect Gaga to have her make-up be THAT conventional and boring . But like... if something doesn't change with the creative direction this will fizzle out really quickly anyway and will be nothing but a slightly emberassing anecdote in her resumé.

thatfoxyfeeling

They're making valid points though, like this one for example "The main reason I keep finding this line underwhelming is because she is avant-garde and this line is basic. Do I expect a piece of meat with shadow components? No. But this is just missing a little sprinkle of something. It would have been cool to turn her iconic looks into palettes through packaging/color story." For me personally the packaging for a palette doesn't represent the brand name Haus Laboratories, it's rather basic. :shrug:

KatieJudasGaga4

I do agree with some of the users for the most part, but some of these comments are unnecessary :shrug:

Honestly these makeup lines all look the same.  It’s only the photo ads and the brand name/image that are different.

A Hybrid

I don’t care about makeup but they seem to be right judging by the colors

No family’s safe when I sashay

sillynate

Anyone else here who don’t wear make up and is waiting for this “phase” to phase over and for the next “phase” (el gee six) to start? :flutter:

Gypsy Life

"celebrity makeup brands just look like nothing but cash grabs to me now"

Wait. A business created to make money?

tenor.gif

magicalgaga

These comments are valid criticism for the most part (at least they're not like the hate Haus Labs get from this cult site :ladyhaha:). I do agree with the notion that the shades and packages are little bit basic and that Gaga had such a great opportunity with this makeup line but she didn't utilize it properly. That's not to say that Haus Labs is garbage because it isn't. The makeup we've received so far is easy to use in everyday life, which is what most people really want from makeup. The eccentric value could be important to some, but I think that making the shades and products simpler was crucial for the economic success. 

One of the comments said something about the packaging and I agree with that so much! If the shades and products themselves are kind of basic and vanilla for the everyday usage, the packaging could have been show-stopping! That would've been a smart choice when you think about the picture the GP has of Gaga: the crazy bitch with the crazy outfits. 

i was born this way, baby

Guillaume Hamon

1) If it was gagaesque as they expected they would say: "Sorry but that's not wearable... It's fine on gaga cause it's gaga but I'm not going out in the streets with that on my face!". :D

2) If it was gagaesque 90% of the GP would have been like "OKAY NOT FOR ME".
Here she starts making everybody feel calm about her line with regular products so they stay there for it then she give the crazy stuffs away for the ones who want it.

Spoiler

They bash her but they don't see how smart she is! :D

LUCARTPOP

The only complaint I kinda have is how basic the packaging looks. She even has shade names but didn't put those on the design.. 

Archived