💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
other

Haus Labs palette PANNED on reddit

Supersonic

Featured Posts

Reality
2 minutes ago, Dukttape said:

No, they are. She can look good and shuck a meh product. They're not at all mutually exclusive. 

But the products haven't been "meh". There have been many people you've reviewed the products and like or love them. Is it because the colors are "too safe"? Because so far, the formula looks amazing. If that's the case, then wait for her to release something that's "crazier" and more "avant-garde". 

She's making palettes and items right now that are safer to wear so that there's a greater chance that people will actually buy them. People like to talk about wanting "crazy" and "outlandish" color palettes, but unless you're truly invested in make-up, the average consumer doesn't want that, even if it's from someone like Gaga.

đŸƒđŸ–€đŸ‘č

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply
CannaeDrive

Do we care for some nobodies opinion on Internet forum? No we don't, as they completely miss the point of what  a business venture's mission actually is. 

19 minutes ago, GagainsiderNYC said:

“A startup is a human institution designed to create a new product or service under conditions of extreme uncertainty.”

HL is NOT a startup company. A new company, yes. 

Started by one person by raising money, These entrepreneurial ventures are typically started by 1-3 founders who focus on capitalizing upon a perceived market demand by developing a viable product, service, or platform.

You are misinformed, Haus Laboratories is actually a startup according to your own definition :

https://www.marieclaire.com/career-advice/a28701270/lady-gaga-haus-laboratories-lightspeed-ventures-nicole-quinn/

"Fame Is A Boomerang" - Maria Callas

MessyTop
7 minutes ago, CannaeDrive said:

Do we care for some nobodies opinion on Internet forum? No we don't, as they completely miss the point of what  a business venture's mission actually is. 

You are misinformed, Haus Laboratories is actually a startup according to your own definition :

https://www.marieclaire.com/career-advice/a28701270/lady-gaga-haus-laboratories-lightspeed-ventures-nicole-quinn/

You still don’t get it. Lol. I ain’t wasting my time. Have a blessed day!! And keep buying the “start up” make up! Lol

BabylonHooker

she needs to step up her game. Get rid of that Joanne spirit and go back to Gaga for good PLZ. Cut the cameras deadass :saladga:

GAGA IS MY LIFELINE

gagzus

I mean... the business is less than 6 months old and she needs to build an audience before she can take on more eccentric ideas. Plus... gaga’s never REALLY had OTT makeup like ever... she has pretty much mostly used natural everyday colours her whole career with the odd exception. 

Jefferee Star started with a pretty everyday palette and a nude lip girl...

nodandsmile
3 hours ago, Supersonic said:

Not really. The make-up market is really saturated with palettes like this at varying degrees of quality and price point. If you look through Sephora, Ulta or any other makeup store, you'd find at least 600 palettes with the same color scheme. It's not that this is something really awful or ugly, it's just that there is such a huge volume of similar things on the market that this wasn't really needed. From a business standpoint I don't think it's that smart to just do what everybody else is doing, and just see if you can get somebody on board. What made Rihanna's makeup brand so successful, was that it had an unprecedented variety range of foundations that were equally distributed through the entire spectrum of skintones. Innovation might be more risky, but it yields such a better result when it actually works out.

The people that leave the most money in the makeup industry are hardcore make-up fans and lovers who ARE into neon colors and unconventional shades. Best example would be the massive uproar during the latest Jeffree Star x Shane Dawson release when a deep emerald green out removed out of the palette, only to be replaced by a brown-ish nude color. The palette will now be re-released with the initial green because so many people were outraged about it.

You cannot seriously use Jeffree as an example to follow. He is a giant in the industry with years of experience. Which means there’s a high level of customer trust, people see his name, they won’t hesitate to buy no matter what it is. I know what you are saying, but it all depends on their initial target and expectations. Looking at their mission statement, it’s clear to see that they mean anyone could use their products. They are trying to appeal to the everyday people, strive not to overwhelm them and encourage them to have fun with it. They seem to take slow steps. Her name alone will attract a large group of people. Then, in order to retain them, the team could use that efficient stream of revenue they produced to fund new innovative products. The customers they already had will give them a try since the trust is there and they could attract new customers too!

Agree completely. I hope she uses this criticism to light a fire up her ass and prove all of us deniers wrong. :applause:

LadyLuca

I like how the majority doesent take everything about Gaga and can see Haus Labs / or this pallete for what it is.

Anyways- not into make up- only here for music.  

Supersonic
3 minutes ago, SimplyTheBest said:

You cannot seriously use Jeffree as an example to follow. He is a giant in the industry with years of experience. Which means there’s a high level of customer trust, people see his name, they won’t hesitate to buy no matter what it is. I know what you are saying, but it all depends on their initial target and expectations. Looking at their mission statement, it’s clear to see that they mean anyone could use their products. They are trying to appeal to the everyday people, strive not to overwhelm them and encourage them to have fun with it. They seem to take slow steps. Her name alone will attract a large group of people. Then, in order to retain them, the team could use that efficient stream of revenue they produced to fund new innovative products. The customers they already had will give them a try since the trust is there and they could attract new customers too!

He's been making make up for 5 years only, he completely decimated beauty giants that have been in the industry for almost over 100 years. Also, he did have a few controversies for bad custumer support. His brand has really not been the smoothest from a roll-out, but people still buy because the quality is unparalleled.

And while I see that Gaga has some "every one can use it" claim to her make up, this palette in particular doesn't have a lot of shades that are friendly for people with dark and deep complexions to use. I think the "slow steps" are too slow, when there are other players in the game who are light years ahead.

Battle 4 Ur Life

I don't even stan/consume haus labs but most of these are straight from putyourpawsdown. com

reddit shouldn't be making news here. these are just regular people. eww.

"We own the Downtown, hear our sound."

nodandsmile
39 minutes ago, Supersonic said:

He's been making make up for 5 years only, he completely decimated beauty giants that have been in the industry for almost over 100 years. Also, he did have a few controversies for bad custumer support. His brand has really not been the smoothest from a roll-out, but people still buy because the quality is unparalleled.

And while I see that Gaga has some "every one can use it" claim to her make up, this palette in particular doesn't have a lot of shades that are friendly for people with dark and deep complexions to use. I think the "slow steps" are too slow, when there are other players in the game who are light years ahead.

You just proved my point. You used what Jeffree’s doing right now as example of what Gaga could be doing right now with her newly founded company. As you said, he’s been around for five years. People still buy from him despite his controversies, because his products are known for their quality. What may work for him, may not work for Gaga because she has to maintain and afterwards grow her following (when it comes to makeup) like him.

They started with a limited amount of products. They’ll easily attract customers with her face on it. What they gain + feedback will help them know what products to introduce next and when. You cannot judge their slow steps “too slow” if you don’t know what they expectations were (according to an investor they exceeded them with the first launch!) and what their plans are for future growth.

38 minutes ago, Supersonic said:

He's been making make up for 5 years only, he completely decimated beauty giants that have been in the industry for almost over 100 years

except he didn't lol estee lauder, l'oréal and coty still own most beauty brands in the market, from drug store brands like rimmel to high prestige ones like lancÎme. J*ffre's products are, unfortunately, good but his agressive media play and rabid fanbase are the keys to his success, he's huge on the beauty guru internet playground and thats it. 

Archived