throwback

Gaga's ARTPOP era "dissected".

Guillaume Hamon

Featured Posts

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guillaume Hamon

I know this has been debated 2000 times on this site but I  think it's interesting to have a point of view from the "outside". :D 

DeanWinchester

I want to finish it but the monotonous voice is making me sleepy.

Flyin' like a 1000 Doves

Guillaume Hamon
5 minutes ago, DeanWinchester said:

I want to finish it but the monotonous voice is making me sleepy.

His analysis is on point tho. ;) 

Daylight Jokers

I will forever love the concept of ARTPOP. The artist becomes the muse himself/herself?  So clever. 

I like how they kept it objective and informative. The only thing I disagree on is the fact that they consider ARTPOP her "third studio album". Like, why does the GP does this all the time?

Edit: and that he said "Guy" instead of "G.U.Y.". But maybe that's just me :ohwell:

Did it flop? No. 

Is it bad? No. 

Was it her first "unfocused" album? Yes. 

Did it really capture the EDM feel she talked about? Aside from two songs, no. 

Guillaume Hamon
4 minutes ago, COOOK said:

I like how they kept it objective and informative. The only thing I disagree on is the fact that they consider ARTPOP her "third studio album". Like, why does the GP does this all the time?

Edit: and that he said "Guy" instead of "G.U.Y.". But maybe that's just me :ohwell:

Yeah gaga herself said that she considered the fame monster as an album of itself but medias always threat it a s re-edition of the fame or as an EP instead of an album. :D 

Oh yeah gaga was telling us to write ARTPOP with capital letters and telling about G.U.Y meanwhile journalists weren't giving a damn about these rules lol.

MetalGaga

Aura, Venus, GUY, Manicure, DWUW, ARTPOP. 

the first half of the album alone kills most ‘pop’ from the last 6 years. 

and that’s without adding gypsy and applause. The only thing that flopped was the gp for not recognizing greatness. 

Guillaume Hamon
5 minutes ago, Doot said:

Was it her first "unfocused" album? Yes. 

Honestly listening to the album I think it wasn't even supposed to be cohesive. You literally have no cohesive universe bouncing from Dope to Jewels and drugs or Donatella but I think the confusion of it all was on purpose. :D 

derpmonster
6 minutes ago, Doot said:

Did it really capture the EDM feel she talked about? Aside from two songs, no. 

It did, however, capture the pain she talked about in every single song. And she never makes an album that's just one genre. While the entire album wasn't EDM, it was really heavy stuff with glam, electro, techno influences. And everything that's really playable in a danceclub which was, in the end, the focus. Yes, Dope too. I can see a good remix of it. I mean, people did it to TIHTY and INLA... At least Dope is more compatible with a danceclub in a more ironic, inward looking sense.

Check out iTunes data & graphs at CHARTPOP.live

Just now, Guillaume Hamon said:

Honestly listening to the album I think it wasn't even supposed to be cohesive. You literally have no cohesive universe bouncing from Dope to Jewels and drugs or Donatella but I think the confusion of it all was on purpose. :D 

IKR! Anyway I'm currently watching this one, and it also has a very interesting insight to her case:

Guillaume Hamon
1 minute ago, COOOK said:

IKR! Anyway I'm currently watching this one, and it also has a very interesting insight to her case:

I'm watching it too haha! ;) 

Indeed he's making fair observations and remain objective so far imo. ^^

Archived