Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Taylor Swift To Receive Billboard’s First-Ever Woman Of The Decade Award

Teal Ambition

Featured Posts

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I didn’t realize this award is the first of its kind.  So I wouldn’t be surprised if she asked Billboard to create the award then, conveniently during her current promo blitz with Lover :sure:

I am sick of hearing about her battle to own her own music, the only thing that comes out of it all is she hired bad lawyers at the time of inking her contracts :reductive:

MetalGaga
3 minutes ago, t e a said:

her continous fight for being the owner of her own songs is a revolutionary act that has the power to shift the existing music industry paradigm. also, as a kind of precursor of that, don't forget about her apple letter. 

she's literally her lyrics and melodies. that's her whole existence. that's as ARTPOP as it gets, imo.

There's nothing revolutionary about her fighting to own her songs. She owns her songs. She just doesn't own the original master recordings. There are deals out there a thousand times worse than what Taylor is dealing with with Big Machine. At least she's rich to handle it. 

crisTEAne
3 minutes ago, MetalGaga said:

There's nothing revolutionary about her fighting to own her songs. She owns her songs. She just doesn't own the original master recordings.

precisely, but that's gonna change in 2020. she's a female fighting for her literal and metaphorical voice. asserting agency in the current music industry climate is revolutionary. you can downplay that all you want, but you simply can't ignore its facticity. 

3 minutes ago, MetalGaga said:

There are deals out there a thousand times worse than what Taylor is dealing with with Big Machine. At least she's rich to handle it. 

those points are irrelevant (and logical fallacies in your argumentation).

if you hurt taylor swift, i'll hurt you back

gypsy101
10 hours ago, xoxo Craig said:

Lady Gaga? Or Katy? Or Ariana?

yeah Katy hasn’t had a number 1 hit since 2013 she totally deserved it

xoxo Craig
8 minutes ago, gypsy101 said:

yeah Katy hasn’t had a number 1 hit since 2013 she totally deserved it

And? The impact of Teenage Dream and Prism cannot be denied. I mean, she has the most viewed Superbowl Halftime Show performance 

End Racism Now

I LOVE GGD
11 hours ago, Spock said:

Artist of the Decade and Woman of the Decade Grammy award winning legend Taylor Swift keeps winning :applause:

and on her flop era :applause:

I like her but, in reality these awards are for her entire career they have nothing to do with the success or lack of it from her last album. 

I understand it because She always does amazing in terms of charts and tours, but she’s just so bland to be considered “ Woman of the Decade”. Yes she’s really popular and a good songwriter, but she really hasn’t had any significant impact and she isn’t interesting. She just makes music that’s simple and easy to listen to, giving her a huge listening base. It’s just kinda sad that “Women of the Decade” is being given to someone who doesn’t take risks and seems to play things very safe when it comes to music/visuals. I’m not here to demand it should go to Gaga, because there are many other female artists who I think deserve it as well. I just think it’s a waste when there are so many women who have made a genuine impact in music and expression and go outside the bounds when it comes to their artistry, and to me Taylor just doesn’t do that. 

ryhanna
1 hour ago, PartySick said:

I think the problem is a lot of us don't think sales should earn awards.

But it's not just sales though. Taylor's been a huge force in the industry and a critically loved artist for the entire decade. She's a strong artist and has been for many years now. The sales are simply another factor as to why she deserves it.

4 hours ago, Smith said:

I think Lover performed much better than Reputation in single charts.:vegas:

I know, and somewhat agree, but it’s what Taylor haters want you to believe. They hate to see her winning when she is meant to be losing  :applause: 

who will love me when the night is over

JustinTrudeau

I'm just bitter that other artists can't come close to her, why can't my faves be as smart as her? She knows how the pop industry works, and maximize every opportunity.

Well, enjoy the new award. Not surprised but whatever, nothing I can change.

I fell down the stairs once as an actor.

MessyTop
41 minutes ago, JustinTrudeau said:

I'm just bitter that other artists can't come close to her, why can't my faves be as smart as her? She knows how the pop industry works, and maximize every opportunity.

Well, enjoy the new award. Not surprised but whatever, nothing I can change.

I agree. She’s so smart at releasing stuff, multiple vinyls, single version, re- releases. 
mans with Gaga, we get random make up and radio silence when TFM has its 10th year anniversary. Sigh 

tea spiller
10 hours ago, S0436 said:

I didn’t realize this award is the first of its kind.  So I wouldn’t be surprised if she asked Billboard to create the award then, conveniently during her current promo blitz with Lover :sure:

I am sick of hearing about her battle to own her own music, the only thing that comes out of it all is she hired bad lawyers at the time of inking her contracts :reductive:

Yes, a 14 year old girl should have hired better lawyers and then negotiated to own her own masters...

i’ll tell you what should have happened - these old white men should have allowed billboards woman of the decade to fairly purchase back her masters. 

Alexa, play The Man....

Archived