celeb

Taylor Swift To Receive Billboard’s First-Ever Woman Of The Decade Award

Teal Ambition

Featured Posts

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Daylight Jokers

I really like and adore Taylor, especially as an artist that has integrity and actually cares for her music, but for some reason, most of her songs always remind me of the songs you hear on H&M and Forever 21 shops.  They're too clean and vanilla. I want her to have a TFM-like era. An era darker than Reputation. If you swap her songs from Red, 1989, and Lover with each other, there wouldn't be much of a change because they sound pretty similar production wise. I do get why they chose her for the award. She's worked so hard and she never really left the spotlight ever since.

Wet Fire

Billboard. Chart success. Sales. Makes sense. She deserves it. :shrug: I mean, Gsga and Beyonce deserve it for impact but they don't match Taylor's sales. Adele matches but has only 2 albums while Taylor 5. Rihanna deserves but her albums in particulr sell less than Taylor's. 

Now this I think it’s fair. As other people have said, Billboard is all about sales and no one sells like Taylor Swift.

Thomas P
1 hour ago, FameHookah said:

AMAs one was lipped)

Wtf where :selena:

Haters gonna hate

I’m a simple guy to please, if you like Melodrama, we chill.

Ally Campana

I mean she was the top female artist of the decade in the Artist End Decade Chart so she’s more than deserving. But why an award? I don’t see them awarding Drake and he was the top artist of the decade. As much as I love Taylor, it all seems like PR to keep Lover era going. 

Does it matter? Damage is done

Congrats!

For me everyone (except trap rappers, the chainsmokers and nekci) are the artist of the decade :heart:

Je ne parle pas français but I can padam if you like

Prismatic Light
1 hour ago, xoxo Craig said:

Lady Gaga really made her mark in the 2010's, yes she may not have sold as much... but she had an overall bigger impact. She then dipped with ARTPOP and came back stronger and stronger to leave the Decade on the high that was A Star Is Born.

Katy had a similar route to Gaga, but nobody can deny the strength of Teenage Dream and Prism, and the impact it had on the Pop/music scene. She is still recovering from her dip that was Witness but she is still a powerhouse artist. 

If you are basing this award on sales and how many Number 1s someone has, then the award becomes pointless... just a popularity award

:applause:PREACH. THIS TEA IS SO HOT IS BURNING MY HOUSE  DOWN

Be kind 🧡

Flippy

tenor.gif?itemid=8951180

TMBT 3.22.11 // TBTWB 1.17.13 // ArtRAVE 6.3.14 // C2CT 5.28.15 // TJWT 8.13.17 // Chromatica World Tour 9.8.22

StrawberryBlond

Regardless of what I think of her, there is no other artist who I think deserves it more from a commercial standpoint. The numbers don't lie. Adele may have sold more but she's only released 2 albums this decade, so it's hardly fair and any other big star who's been around since 2010 has had flops in this period as well. Not many popstars today make 5 albums in 10 years, Taylor's work ethic has ensured she's stuck around and kept herself relevant and for a while, she was getting more and more famous per album, a very hard thing to do. Naturally, I'd prefer if this award was completely focused on awarding talent rather than commercial success but hey, it's Billboard. And of course, being an American publication, it will mostly be Americans winning and Taylor is undoubtedly the most successful American female of this decade.

Archived