Stefani Tee
Sign in to follow this  
science

New Type Of Black Hole Discovered In Our Galaxy

Featured Posts

Maleficent
11 minutes ago, Economy said:

What do some many Gaga fans on this site find it so difficult to be serious for one second without having to turn a serious topic off topic or into a joke :air:

ma’am this is a gaga daily’s 

I'm not a witch, I'm a love technician

Economy
3 minutes ago, TheSlash said:

Oh, I actually find it really interesting. That discovery changes a huge chunk of Astrophysics as we ( 'we' as in humanity) know it. But what is wrong about having fun?

Hide contents

Also I figured, the thread to this topic already exists, so why not fooling around a bit :giggle: .

It's not that having fun is wrong in itself... But these threads tend to have like half the comments just being off topic jokes... Like focus :air:

But yeah I agree. This is big!

Economy
1 minute ago, Maleficent said:

ma’am this is a gaga daily’s 

I know I been here for like a decade now so I should already know better :selena:

derpmonster
2 hours ago, Economy said:

What do some many Gaga fans on this site find it so difficult to be serious for one second without having to turn a serious topic off topic or into a joke :air:

Does it really matter? :) There are people interested in the actual discussion and jokes don't stop them. They might give them a laugh before they move on.

Join my FB Gaga sh*tposting group: I'll Never Release LG6 https://www.facebook.com/groups/185450449037808/

LGMonster95

I guess they are talking about stellar black holes which usually they dont go that big but if you want to know the mother of all black holes then check TON 618, its a quasar that is believed to have an ultra massive black hole of 66 BILLION times the mass of the sun which is mindblowing 

• Shook 1

Flopplause
10 hours ago, Rainbow1 said:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRICYonFUQf4bolL6tgmkg

A black hole with a mass 70 times greater than the Sun was discovered, leaving scientists stunned.

"Black holes of such mass should not even exist in our Galaxy, according to most of the current models of stellar evolution,"

The newly discovered black hole, named LB-1, is located 15,000 light-years from Earth

"This remarkable result ... really points towards a renaissance in our understanding of black hole astrophysics,"

https://abc7ny.com/5727394/

To add to the OP, there are Monster black holes heavier than this black hole. It's just that Black holes with a mass between around 50 -100 solar masses generally shouldn't exist cuz supernovas of stars that should form these type of heavy black holes fully blow apart according to the physics rules we have now, leaving no Black hole behind after the Supernova.

Economy
7 hours ago, LGMonster95 said:

I guess they are talking about stellar black holes which usually they dont go that big but if you want to know the mother of all black holes then check TON 618, its a quasar that is believed to have an ultra massive black hole of 66 BILLION times the mass of the sun which is mindblowing 

Gonna search it up. Hadn't heard of it

Jezz tho... That's gotta be at least half the mass of our entire Galaxy :duck:

I know we are estimated to have 200 Billion to 400 Billion stars but our sun is actually a little bit above average (because the majority of stars are one type of dwarf of another and our sun is kinda large for a dwarf

So I'd assume stars (which are the biggest chunk of mass in the Galaxy) if there were 200 Billion maybe that's equipment to somewhere between 100 Billion to 150 Billion solar masses

I'm just using common sense for an educated guess but I'm gonna search up what the real estimates are

Anyway 66 Billion Solar masses, that could be half of our Galaxy, and our galaxy is considerably above average size (even if it's small compared to the giant galaxies like Andromeda)... I know the milkyway is like the 2nd or 3rd largest galaxy in the local group and it has dozens of known galaxies, most which are dwarf galaxies

LGMonster95
19 minutes ago, Economy said:

Gonna search it up. Hadn't heard of it

Jezz tho... That's gotta be at least half the mass of our entire Galaxy :duck:

I know we are estimated to have 200 Billion to 400 Billion stars but our sun is actually a little bit above average (because the majority of stars are one type of dwarf of another and our sun is kinda large for a dwarf

So I'd assume stars (which are the biggest chunk of mass in the Galaxy) if there were 200 Billion maybe that's equipment to somewhere between 100 Billion to 150 Billion solar masses

I'm just using common sense for an educated guess but I'm gonna search up what the real estimates are

Anyway 66 Billion Solar masses, that could be half of our Galaxy, and our galaxy is considerably above average size (even if it's small compared to the giant galaxies like Andromeda)... I know the milkyway is like the 2nd or 3rd largest galaxy in the local group and it has dozens of known galaxies, most which are dwarf galaxies

Yeah most of the stars in our galaxy are red dwarfs literally and from what I heard Andromeda might actually be the size of our own milky way and not a giant galaxy like we believed. Anyway here's some infos and a visual representation of TON 618 

• Thanks 1

Economy
1 hour ago, LGMonster95 said:

Yeah most of the stars in our galaxy are red dwarfs literally and from what I heard Andromeda might actually be the size of our own milky way and not a giant galaxy like we believed. Anyway here's some infos and a visual representation of TON 618 

Gonna watch the video rn

And really? I thought they had a good view of Andromeda and could have a pretty good idea if it's size :huh:

Edited by Economy

LGMonster95
11 minutes ago, Economy said:

Gonna watch the video in

And really? I thought they had a good view of Andromeda and could have a pretty good idea if it's size :huh:

Yeah, that same channel has a video about it (he has a lot of great content about space and stuff, I learned a lot from it) 

Economy

@LGMonster95 I've seen a lot of videos with users using this program! And this guy's voice is familiar I may have seen at least one of his videos before!

Thanks. I'm only half way thru the first one it's good so far

He's serious which is cool. Some ppl who make videos using this program are just doing crazy sh*t

LGMonster95
7 minutes ago, Economy said:

@LGMonster95 I've seen a lot of videos with users using this program! And this guy's voice is familiar I may have seen at least one of his videos before!

Thanks. I'm only half way thru the first one it's good so far

He's serious which is cool. Some ppl who make videos using this program are just doing crazy sh*t

Yeah, there are literally 2 programs, one's called Space Engine which allows you to explore the entire universe via a simulation and Universe Sandbox which you can literally play with planets, stars, galaxies etc and see what happens based on calculations. I've been following his videos for a long time and he's actually very accurate and knows how to explain stuff in details unlike many others, it has become one of my fav channels.

• Thanks 1

OliG

I think stuff like this is so interesting, I even follow science pages on instagram. There are a lot that we don’t know about what is out there and the fact that we know so little is crazy. 

• Like 1

27monster27
14 hours ago, Economy said:

I forget the proper name tbh

But there's a theory that the big bang created motion to everything and every reaction that can occur including the flow of time, but this motion would therefore be gradually slowing

This theory that if the pace of time was slowing (which since time is relative, we would never feel it slow down or be aware of it), once the motion of time hits 0, everything would stay exactly as it is for all eternity like a photo

So if as I'm typing this time froze, this task I didn't complete is what I'd be doing forever...

If this occured we would never realize it because up until the last nano second before it happens, everything would appear to be going completely normal like any other day... 

The scary part about this theory is there is no way to measure time slowing (since it's relative) and if there's a truth to it we couldn't know how far we are into it. It can happen at any moment

Of course it's not one of the highest regarded theories, and even if it's an accurate theory the chances it would just so happen in our life times is slim to none

However of all the theories, it's one of the few that can occur at any second and our Universal existence as we know it suddenly end with 0 warning

Okay, what I am about to ask may sound very confusing, so bear with me. When time slows down in the future, does it slow down and we actually feel ourselves moving slower, or does it slow down and we don't feel like we are moving slower?

STAN: Lady Gaga, Ariana Grande, Madonna, Nicki Minaj, Britney Spears, and Froy Gutierrez.