Stefani Tee
Sign in to follow this  
science

New Type Of Black Hole Discovered In Our Galaxy

Featured Posts

Nemo

That doesn't seem so big? There's a black hole of millions of solar masses at the center of the galaxy (and probably all galaxies).

Of course these silly articles always overhype things... scientists are constantly stunned, it seems.

• LMAO 1
  • Thanks 2

Economy
23 minutes ago, Nemo said:

That doesn't seem so big? There's a black hole of millions of solar masses at the center of the galaxy (and probably all galaxies).

Of course these silly articles always overhype things... scientists are constantly stunned, it seems.

As I already talked about in my thread... There's two types of black holes

The super massive black holes at the centre of the Galaxy are not believed to have the same origins as Stellar black holes

Stellar black holes are created by super massive stars and usually have solar masses of no more than 20 solar masses at the most

Super massive black holes go into a total different extreme and go into the millions... They believe these holes may have been created early in the universe when matter was spread as gas and no stars formed yet and all this spread out matter allowed for expetionally large masses to form (eventually creating black holes) and for those black holes to feed on a huge amount of matter... Those holes were big enough to attract large clumps of matter and eventually stars when they formed which created Galaxies that swirled around them

But black holes created after the early days weren't made that way, they were made by dying stars and have way less matter available to fed them

The reason the gap between stellar black holes and super massive black holes is that they literally were created differently. That's why we don't really see black holes in between. They are either smaller or they are huge

A stellar black hole of 70 solar masses shouldn't be possible based on our galaxies density of matter... So either it was created in a unique way or set of circumstances.... Or by sheer coincidence 2 or 3 exceptionally larger stellar black holes on the upper limit happened to run into eachother and merge. An extremely unlikely event but a possible explanation nevertheless

Edited by Economy
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

DeanWinchester
6 minutes ago, PunkTheFunk said:

I know I'm a bottom but this is just mean

ah I was just about to say punkthefunk has gone too far

*muffled Jewels N' Drugs in the background*
  • LMAO 2

weed
13 minutes ago, PunkTheFunk said:

I know I'm a bottom but this is just mean

lmaoooooo ugh you're so consistent, I honestly respect you so much

• Love 1

The Enigmatic

So This Big Hole Monster?

didnt know there was another type of gaga's fanbase

I am having my ARTPOP moment

Economy
On 11/27/2019 at 11:51 PM, 27monster27 said:

I have never heard of this hypothetical end of the universe. What is it?

I forget the proper name tbh

But there's a theory that the big bang created motion to everything and every reaction that can occur including the flow of time, but this motion would therefore be gradually slowing

This theory that if the pace of time was slowing (which since time is relative, we would never feel it slow down or be aware of it), once the motion of time hits 0, everything would stay exactly as it is for all eternity like a photo

So if as I'm typing this time froze, this task I didn't complete is what I'd be doing forever...

If this occured we would never realize it because up until the last nano second before it happens, everything would appear to be going completely normal like any other day... 

The scary part about this theory is there is no way to measure time slowing (since it's relative) and if there's a truth to it we couldn't know how far we are into it. It can happen at any moment

Of course it's not one of the highest regarded theories, and even if it's an accurate theory the chances it would just so happen in our life times is slim to none

However of all the theories, it's one of the few that can occur at any second and our Universal existence as we know it suddenly end with 0 warning

Edited by Economy

Economy
17 minutes ago, The Enigmatic said:

So This Big Hole Monster?

didnt know there was another type of gaga's fanbase

10 minutes ago, TheSlash said:

Is this where LG6 went? :oprah: 

17 minutes ago, Maleficent said:

finally someplace your mama can fit. 

What do some many Gaga fans on this site find it so difficult to be serious for one second without having to turn a serious topic off topic or into a joke :air:

• LMAO 3

TheSlash
6 minutes ago, Economy said:

What do some many Gaga fans on this site find it so difficult to be serious for one second without having to turn a serious topic off topic or into a joke :air:

Oh, I actually find it really interesting. That discovery changes a huge chunk of Astrophysics as we ( 'we' as in humanity) know it. But what is wrong about having fun?

Spoiler

Also I figured, the thread to this topic already exists, so why not fooling around a bit :giggle: .

An original mess since 1751
  • Like 1