science

New Type Of Black Hole Discovered In Our Galaxy

Featured Posts

BadGurlMadge11

I wonder if LG6 is in there cuz it's never seeing the light ugh

strike a ****ing pose
  • LMAO 3

homomo

Possibly the remnants from a binary/trinary system?

Exciting nonetheless!

Edited by homomo

FfFfFfFF

I'm getting dizzy reading this thread. :saladga:

Edited by FfFfFfFF
►► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ►► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ►► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ►► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ►
  • LMAO 1

CautiousLurker
4 hours ago, Bonkers said:

ugh, i thought this was about sex :saladga:

how :saladga:
In what context would that be a title of a sex-related thread that wouldn't be massively racist and shut down immediately? :saladga:

OP: So would you say this is the Ariana Grande of black holes? :oprah:

Edited by CautiousLurker
desparate-depression-riddled-d*ck-obsessed-horndog... 4masc
  • Thanks 1

Economy
6 hours ago, PartySick said:

Until a random drop in entropy leads to another big bang inside our universe :awesome:

That's what I choose to believe at least :bradley:

Wouldn't a drop in entropy if the theory was correct and it's what I think it is expand at the speed of light?

If so that would never get the entire universe because the universe is so large (if not infinite) that there's parts moving away from eachother faster than light and this expanding Buble would never catch up to it

It may even have already occured somewhere in the universe already and may or may never catch us :shrug:

Edit: Oh what I'm talking about it "vaccum decay" nvm

Edited by Economy
  • Like 1

Economy
1 hour ago, CautiousLurker said:

how :saladga:
In what context would that be a title of a sex-related thread that wouldn't be massively racist and shut down immediately? :saladga:

OP: So would you say this is the Ariana Grande of black holes? :oprah:

More like the MJ, Elvis or Beatles of black holes :emma:

Based on the density of matter in our Galaxy, a black hole even half as massive shouldn't exist in the Milky way...

So a very unique and improbably set of events must if caused this... 

Either the unlikely merge of 2 (or more) exceptionally large ones coming from opposite directions... Or an extremely large and massive star that managed to collapse in a way that didn't eject most of its matter going Nova and kept all its mass

Edited by Economy
  • Shook 1

Economy
5 hours ago, River said:

I hope it will suck us all :heart:

It's too far 

None of the known black holes are close enough to be a threat

We're kind of in a special part of the Galaxy that happens to be free of hostile things like Black Holes, Neutron stars and magnetars, super massive nearby red giants to kill us when they go Nova etc

Apparently there's 1 red giants that COULD be a slight risk. But its explosion would have to be on the high end of intensity and also it's moving away from us so if it can keep its sh*t together even just a few more thousand years we should be good

• Shook 1

Biggest Fan
6 hours ago, Frivolero said:

wow! and some people's ego in this world are insane and they think they are the **** 

we are insignificant, we are truly foolish and we do not know everything

stay humble y'all this blackhole gonna eat ya up:enigma:

I needed this words

CautiousLurker
5 hours ago, Economy said:

More like the MJ, Elvis or Beatles of black holes :emma:

Based on the density of matter in our Galaxy, a black hole even half as massive shouldn't exist in the Milky way...

But what about the really big black holes that aren't in the Milky way? :oprah:
Who's bigger than MJ and Elvis and Beatles? God? :oprah:

Economy
2 minutes ago, CautiousLurker said:

But what about the really big black holes that aren't in the Milky way? :oprah:
Who's bigger than MJ and Elvis and Beatles? God? :oprah:

Yazzzz God :party:

Anyway I mean the milkyway does have at least one bigger one, the super massive type in the centre of the Galaxy

But if ur excluding that one and only looking at stellar blackholes then yes other galaxies should have bigger ones, the more dense galaxies

Mind u our galaxy is already bigger and denser than an average Galaxy but still far from the top ones

CautiousLurker
2 hours ago, Economy said:

Yazzzz God :party:

Anyway I mean the milkyway does have at least one bigger one, the super massive type in the centre of the Galaxy

But if ur excluding that one and only looking at stellar blackholes then yes other galaxies should have bigger ones, the more dense galaxies

Mind u our galaxy is already bigger and denser than an average Galaxy but still far from the top ones

So that kind of aligns with my thought process - I see the Milky Way as like current time and the bigger black holes are kind of like the Ariana Grande of black holes in our galaxy... and if we're looking at the music industry as a whole, MJ is like the biggest black hole in some other bigger fancier galaxy :ally:

And God doesn't exist so they can't be a black hole :bon:

Edited by CautiousLurker

Rainbow1

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRICYonFUQf4bolL6tgmkg

A black hole with a mass 70 times greater than the Sun was discovered, leaving scientists stunned.

"Black holes of such mass should not even exist in our Galaxy, according to most of the current models of stellar evolution,"

The newly discovered black hole, named LB-1, is located 15,000 light-years from Earth

"This remarkable result ... really points towards a renaissance in our understanding of black hole astrophysics,"

https://abc7ny.com/5727394/

• Like 1
  • YAAAS 3
  • Shook 9