đź’™ HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT đź’š

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
throwback

When The Joanne Era Derailed

SeasonOfTheWitch

Featured Posts

BARCODE

It was never meant to be some over the top major pop release. 

I think she promoted it in the beginning because it was like, "hey, you never know...it might randomly pop off", but in the background she thought "yeah but honestly if it doesn't pop off I could give a **** less because I didnt intend it to be THAT album anyway". 

It's her folky rootsy phase. In the long run, whether it did well or not, it will make her discography look more colorful and diverse and not just loaded down in pop. When people look back on her in 2050 flipping through whatever tech they use to look at old albums...they'll go..."whoah...I didnt know Gaga had so many different abilities!" Whereas people will flip back on Katy Perry and Nicki Minaj and go, "damn...they did the same album 15 ****ing times". 

Its smart in the long run that albums like Joanne and C2C were made. No harm no fowl. Better than trying to spend the rest of the 2010s making more weird pop bops and dying into irrelevance. 

Because of this move, artists like Katy are lucky to get 100M streams on a song in 2019. Gaga is still getting damn near a billion on singles and non singles with near 500M. Be grateful. 

BARCODE

Oh and by the way...just looked. Shallow is at 933M streams today. It's been steadily gaining roughly 2M-3M streams a day. 

So by the end of 2019 it probably will be Gaga's first Billion+ single!

It evolved, just like all her eras! Magical castles weren’t present in the beginning of the Born This Way era, but they were toward the end. Same with The Monster Ball 2.0–it was much more colorful than TFM aesthetic. 

Sarah H
4 hours ago, sillynate said:

Honestly I was living in 2016 when she stripped it back and went all minimal. It was truly a reinvention that we hadn’t seen yet as all her previous eras had elements from the last. The Dive Bar Tour was amazing and I still remember that DIC and Hey Gurl were the only songs she didn’t perform on that mini tour. 

Then the Super Bowl & John Wayne came and that was the turning point.

Yes! I loved The Dive Bar tour and seeing that side of her.  I'm a big fan of the Joanne album personally. 

Helxig
5 hours ago, nenhures said:

What do you mean, if you don't mind elaborating? Genuinely asking because I wasn't in the fanbase during that time and haven't looked up a bunch about that specific period in her life.

Basically when David Bowie died it set off an entire existential crisis for her, because it made her think about if she died, what would she be remembered for? Has she said what she needs to say as an artist, has she helped people in the ways she wants to, etc. So she ended up scrapping the original LG5 and writing Joanne instead. You can also see a sudden flip from that moment on in how she carried herself, what she chose to talk about, how she ran her career, her public persona, etc. (think about what she was doing during ARTPOP, and then look at Joanne, ASIB, etc)

I'll be myself until they fūcking close the coffin.

nenhures
1 hour ago, Helxig said:

Basically when David Bowie died it set off an entire existential crisis for her, because it made her think about if she died, what would she be remembered for? Has she said what she needs to say as an artist, has she helped people in the ways she wants to, etc. So she ended up scrapping the original LG5 and writing Joanne instead. You can also see a sudden flip from that moment on in how she carried herself, what she chose to talk about, how she ran her career, her public persona, etc. (think about what she was doing during ARTPOP, and then look at Joanne, ASIB, etc)

That's really interesting, I wasn't aware. Thanks very much!

DeanWinchester
5 hours ago, BARCODE said:

Oh and by the way...just looked. Shallow is at 933M streams today. It's been steadily gaining roughly 2M-3M streams a day. 

So by the end of 2019 it probably will be Gaga's first Billion+ single!

Edit: Dont mind me im an idiot

Flyin' like a 1000 Doves

Archived