💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

What did you think of Gaga when she first debuted?

Customzanotti

Featured Posts

skedaddleBItCh

I was scared of her (Poker Face Video and Bad Romance) but really REALLY intrigued!:sis:

🇵🇭༼;´༎ຶ ۝ ༎ຶ༽🇵🇭

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Helxig

I was a very repressed, troubled, prudish teenager at the time, so I referred to her as "just another pop slut" (I don't even use the word 'slut' now ew). I listened to very deep dark music like Evanescence and other emo/rock music of the time and my friends and I 'hated pop', even though I secretly listened to Britney Spears :laughga: 

But when my friend bought TFM I was like hmmm there's some substance here. And when I first heard Bad Romance I was like okay there's something worth paying attention to. And by the time she debuted BTW I was like "yassss queen I stannn paws up" :laughga: 

I'll be myself until they fūcking close the coffin.

Jose P

I was in first grade and the first song I heard was Poker Face. I remember seeing the MV on tv. I thought she was weird but in a fascinating way. I was drawn to her. She was something different and exciting to watch. I just remember being so fascinated by her.

I was like either 4/5 and I would just hear her on the radio. Never thought much of her. I do remember listening to ARTPOP nonstop when it came out lol. Actually now that I remember.. I do remember watching the Paparazzi vid many times lol

jezze0410

A very non-musical friend introduced me to the music videos of Just Dance and Poker Face, and I didn't think she was anything special--just another typical pop singer.

And then I watched her perform Poker Face live on French radio.

And the rest is history :pawsup:

I was 8. I had never heard Just Dance before. The first song I heard was Poker Face and I instantly fell in love with her. I remember searching for Gaga music on YouTube, and discovering Startstuck, Money Honey, Just Dance and BDR. Then, I was invited to a friend's birthday, she played The Fame (album) loud during two days and we danced  to Brown Eyes (:laughga:). Then, I stole the album from her. :fan: It was the unfinished canadian version, plus a few unofficial tracks added by whoever decided to do it to sell the album illegally in France. 

I actually never found her weird or strange, to me it just felt natural. Like I was never too surprised or shocked y her outfits etc. However, when the Alejandro video came out, I was deeply shocked :ladyhaha: And I remember trying to listen to Teeth over and over again, but I was too scared to go further than the intro

martiniglistens

I was a junior in high school. When Just Dance came out, I really did not think much other than I liked the song. It was a giant time in music, the pop renaissance as I like to call it, so keeping up with new artists and current ones was hard. 

Poker Face came out and I was pretty hooked on that song. I started to look just a tiny bit more into her as an artist, watching the video, etc. I thought she was interesting and "clubby" lol but liked a lot of others just as much if not more then. 

Fast forward to the fall of my senior year when she did Paparazzi on the VMAs and dropped Bad Romance and I was blown away. I knew I was witnessing an icon on the rise at that point. That whole year I knew both TFM/TF back and front, then that summer was essentially exclusively playing Alejandro. The rest is history.

Bolkins

I didn’t want to like her and assumed she’d be a one hit wonder. I started paying more attention after I heard LoveGame I guess it spoke to my soul :enigma:  

I used to hate her tbh, I hated her hairstyle and her exagerated eyebrows during TF era, then Bad Romance came out and I fell in love with her 

Judas Society

I've said it on multiple threads by now but when I first saw Just Dance MV, I didn't know who she was nor have I heard Just Dance. I thought here comes another edgier version of Kelly Clarkson because of the similarities to Kelly's Miss Independent MV with the house party settings. Boy was I wrong.....

vitoburrrito

I really liked her but figured she would never progress to become more than a mildly famous alternative pop/avant garde pop artist (with the same level of fame as say, St. Vincent). I didn't expect her to become as big as she did and was slightly worried that she was going to fade into obscurity and stop releasing music.

I didn't start legit stanning until the 2009 VMAs, which is also around the time she morphed into a big pop star in terms of success level.

ssslyboy

I was living in weho in mid 2008 and remember hearing about her and people were already playing her and I was like oh god. Who is this chick. Annoying that everyone is into her. Then I saw her perform at The Factory and was like “cute performance. She’ll probably have a few club hits and be forgotten”.  I’m a mess.  :sharon:

I was 17 or 18, working at McDonalds and walked into the back room where my manager was playing Just Dance. 

I thought she was saying "Gotta Doo Doo." And couldn't understand why someone would sing about having to take a dump. :laughga:

Then I heard Poker Face and became a fan, listened to The Fame a lot. Bad Romance is what solidified my soul sale tho. :tony:

MonsterfromVietnam

I was not around when Just Dance and Poker Face came out because Youtube and MTV are not a thing in my country at that time. I first heard of her like months after BR single released on Youtube. Everyone in my country was shocked and like "that b*tch nearly goes naked OMG. Such immoral and weird *****". And I was like "dont ****ing care" :tony:. But since BTW launched I have been impressed by her spirit, talent and soul, so I kinda liked her, I listened to some of her songs and they are impressedly creative l. I like the metaphors included in her music.  The art she created affected me deeply and unconsiously.:koons:

Then ARTPOP and 5f2 came, I got more and more admiration and affection to this woman. B*tch, she's not just talented, she's strong, she's inspirational, she's an example of hardworking, innovation, success and even failure and she'supportive. Now, I love her :fthis:! End of story :enigma: thanks for your reading :tony:

Archived