Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
new music

Vanessa Carlton - Future Pain

PoshLife

Featured Posts

PoshLife

Vanessa Carlton has always had bars. Many fans know her best for those proto-Swiftian verses of the 2000s, or the scene from White Chicks where Terry Crews sings along to "A Thousand Miles," but the 39-year-old has been quietly thriving since going independent in 2011. More recent albums like Rabbits on the Run and Liberman saw her abandon a radio-friendly style for alt-pop in the realm of I Never Learn-era Lykke Li. Following the Sara Bareilles model, she also took her talents to Broadway this summer to star as Carole King in Beautiful: The Carole King Musical.

Carlton still writes about love in a way that cuts through the noise. Premiering today on PAPER from her new album Love Is An Art, "Future Pain" presents a distinctly thirty-something perspective on heartbreak. It's striking to witness the evolution from her teenage, lovestruck masochism (this is the woman who said she'd walk a thousand miles just to see you… tonight).

"This song is about repeating a pattern we know has the same unhappy ending and finding comfort in a pattern that is self-destructive," Carlton tells us. "Choosing dark over light. There is darkness in all of us. When and why do we let it win?"

Read more: https://www.papermag.com/vanessa-carlton-future-pain-premiere-2641423300.html?rebelltitem=2#rebelltitem2

Earthling

Vanessa Carlton was one of my first music loves

Twilight, Private Radio, Nolita Fairytail, White Houses, Ordinary Day... Such good songs

*she switched baristas. ☕️

PoshLife
15 minutes ago, Earthling said:

Vanessa Carlton was one of my first music loves

Twilight, Private Radio, Nolita Fairytail, White Houses, Ordinary Day... Such good songs

Nolita Fairytale! I still remember the first time I ever heard it. I was at an FYE store and it came on on the tvs, and I instantly loved the song and the video. I'd heard some of her music before, but that was the start of me becoming a real fan.

OMG!!! I love Future Pain, it has a very dreamy sound, the voice, the instrumentation, is pure magic.

My new single #Tregua available on your favorite streaming service

Pop Music
1 hour ago, Earthling said:

White Houses, Ordinary Day

two of my most played songs

i've play white houses 800 times it's my most played song 

Gaga 💝Taylor 💝Carly Rae 💝Rina 💝MARINA 💝Britney💝Lights 💝Shania 💝Sigrid💝

Pop Music
1 hour ago, Earthling said:

Private Radio

**** such a great song 

Gaga 💝Taylor 💝Carly Rae 💝Rina 💝MARINA 💝Britney💝Lights 💝Shania 💝Sigrid💝

Earthling
15 hours ago, Haus Swiftie said:

**** such a great song 

It's such an underrated dance-alone in-your-bedroom old skool 2000's bop

*she switched baristas. ☕️

PhyllisDietrichson

This is good, but I wish she’s do more with her voice instead of whisper-singing throughout the whole song

The Fame

Although this particular song isn't my favorite of hers, I'm really excited to hear another album from her! Be Not Nobody and Harmonium were simply amazing. <3

After a few listens (since 8 am today lol) I ended up falling in love with this song. Pure magic.

My new single #Tregua available on your favorite streaming service

Archived