Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Singers should be credited on Best Remixed Recording

Lighter

Featured Posts

Lighter

Nominees this year:

Work It (Soulwax Remix)

David Gerard C Dewaele & Stephen Antoine C Dewaele, remixers (Marie Davidson)

I Rise (Tracy Young's Pride Intro Radio Remix)

Tracy Young, remixer (Madonna)

Mother's Daughter (Wuki Remix)

Wuki, remixer (Miley Cyrus)

The One (High Contrast Remix)

Lincoln Barrett, remixer (Jorja Smith)

Swim (ford. Remix)

Luc Bradford, remixer (Mild Minds)

I mean wouldn’t it suck seeing your fave’s name up there with her/his name but she’s/he’s not actually credited with HIS/HER song? 
If they credit performers on Record Of The Year Best Dance Recording etc.  With all due respect to the remixers, They MUST also credit the VOICE and the FOUNDATION of the remixed song.

mm I disagree :hor: the original singers have their own chance by submitting their original song in it's respective category

Not really?

Remixers are mildly acknowledged outside of their circles. Very few remixes are seen as better than their originals. Only stans usually listen to remixes. 

Literally remixes barely get any acknowledgement. Leave the poor things alone and let them get their awards. 

Lighter
7 minutes ago, YourCureness said:

Are the original creators for samples also credited if a song (with a sample) wins a Grammy? 

Yes

If they are credited on the song.

and depends what category fits in to that credit.

Lighter
5 minutes ago, Seeka said:

Not really?

Remixers are mildly acknowledged outside of their circles. Very few remixes are seen as better than their originals. Only stans usually listen to remixes. 

Literally remixes barely get any acknowledgement. Leave the poor things alone and let them get their awards. 

It’s not like they will be uncredited lol. Tbh it would also help flopping/smaller artists whose only chance is that category

Lighter
56 minutes ago, weed said:

mm I disagree :hor: the original singers have their own chance by submitting their original song in it's respective category

Look at Madonna on that list. And do you think she got any chance to win anything anymore. Or literally any other artist on that list

38 minutes ago, Lighter said:

It’s not like they will be uncredited lol. Tbh it would also help flopping/smaller artists whose only chance is that category

If their only chance is the remix category, that's more on them. If an artist needs to rely on the remix category, what does that say?

It's a category no one cares about besides the people nominated. 

Also, and this is something I love to say, in this world, where you can get any and all music by just a few clicks and swipes, cater everything to your taste, award shows are truly meaningless. 

Archived