Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
achievement

ASIB First SoundTrack To Grab 2 Song Of Year Noms Since 1994

Economy

Featured Posts

Economy

https://www.billboard.com/articles/news/awards/8544262/lizzo-billie-eilish-lil-nas-x-grammy-nominations

ASIB is only the second soundtrack in history to have 2 song of the year nominations for “shallow” and for “always remember us this way”

The only other soundtrack to ever achieve this was Lion King 1994 some 25 years ago

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Economy
9 minutes ago, mamo said:

yet somehow it got snubbed in AOTY - what an actual f*ckery. 

I dont think it was a snub tbh

between Bradleys meh songs and vocals and even Gagas other fillers...

many fans themselves have admited they only listen to tracks like shallow, INLA, ITA and ARUTW and kinda never play the rest...

the grammy voters had to listen to that rest :emma:

i personally found ASIB had a few exeptionally good songs but half the album was boring

So it is the Grammys way of saying ASIB is full of great songs but not as a cohesive body of work?  So the sum of its parts are not equal?

KatieJudasGaga4
Just now, Economy said:

many fans themselves have admited they only listen to tracks like shallow, INLA, ITA and ARUTW and kinda never play the rest...

i personally found ASIB had a few exeptionally good songs but half the album was boring

It was snubbed though. 

Besides the opinions of fans, the soundtrack was highly praised and is currently the 4th best selling album this year. It went #1 this year too and everyone thought it would be nominated but it wasn't. :shrug:

Mirages
2 minutes ago, Economy said:

Hmmm must have skipped that Lil Nas X album then and vote for it just because :triggered:

I'm the bitch that's fragile

3 minutes ago, Economy said:

Just now, KatieJudasGaga4 said:

It was snubbed though. 

Besides the opinions of fans, the soundtrack was highly praised and is currently the 4th best selling album this year. It went #1 this year too and everyone thought it would be nominated but it wasn't. :shrug:

AND considering half of the albums that were nominated for AOTY, ASIB got completely thrown under the bus.  

you can serve it to me ancient city style...

Economy
Just now, Mirages said:

Hmmm must have skipped that Lil Nas X album then and vote for it just because :triggered:

So many GGD members keep bringing up Lil Nas X

i have to genuinely question how many of these critics here actually sat thru his entire album

ppl have a tendency to criticize nominations of albums and often know like maybe 2 tracks from it :rip:

Economy
3 minutes ago, KatieJudasGaga4 said:

It was snubbed though. 

Perhaps... but grammys dont just vote on commercial success this isnt a popularity contest like an MTV award so i wouldnt weigh that too heavily

now it was critically aclaimed thats true. But so were many others. Only so many can get nominated

gagannefrancc
4 minutes ago, Economy said:

before i cry, music to my eyes, especially look what i found that's one of the most streamed songs just behind INLA film version. sweeties im so sorry..plus heal me has like 50M streamss..  :triggered:

Mirages

So many GGD members keep bringing up Lil Nas X

i have to genuinely question how many of these critics here actually sat thru his entire album

ppl have a tendency to criticize nominations of albums and often know like maybe 2 tracks from it :rip:

Sounds like you're the one that didn't sit through the whole album :giggle:

I'm the bitch that's fragile

Economy
1 minute ago, gagannefrancc said:

before i cry, music to my eyes, especially look what i found that's one of the most streamed songs just behind INLA film version. sweeties im so sorry..plus heal me has like 50M streamss..  :triggered:

Ok. I didnt know their streams were that high so more ppl must be listening to it then

i know i only listen to 5 or 6 songs from ASIB just like was the case with ARTPOP

i love those 6 tracks but dont care for the rest so, to me its not the greatest album Gaga has ever put out there

KatieJudasGaga4

Perhaps... but grammys dont just vote on commercial success this isnt a popularity contest like an MTV award so i wouldnt weigh that too heavily

now it was critically aclaimed thats true. But so were many others. Only so many can get nominated

Yes, but ASIB was clearly a front runner. Some of these albums weren't as praised as ASIB. And Grammys do actually consider commercial success in some categories. Not all of them, but I read somewhere that they do

Economy
1 minute ago, Mirages said:

Sounds like you're the one that didn't sit through the whole album :giggle:

I didnt. Hence why im not commenting on it.

but i doubt the half of GGD criticizing him did either tbh. Maybe a few did im sure...

but considering most here dont care for that type of music abd wouldnt care to even give the whole album a chance... im sure 80% are forming an opinion based on 2 or 3 tracks top that they know and on that basis decided it shouldnt have been nominated

ppl have a very nasty habit of forming opinions on things they know like 20% of the content or facts. And something tells me this is no different :emma:

im generalizing. Maybe u are one of the few that did for all i know

5 minutes ago, Economy said:

are you kidding me? have you seen most of the nominees in the main 4 categories? most of them are commercial sis :saladga:

you can serve it to me ancient city style...

Archived