Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
achievement

ASIB First SoundTrack To Grab 2 Song Of Year Noms Since 1994

Economy

Featured Posts

KatieJudasGaga4
1 minute ago, Economy said:

I liked old town road (tho I do think it was overrated and blown out of proportion)

That's his only song I know tho so :sweat:

Actually I heard one other but I don't even remember the name

?

Chicken-Cordon-Bleu-Panini-Fifteen-Spatu

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply
zakariah
5 hours ago, Economy said:

I didnt. Hence why im not commenting on it.

but i doubt the half of GGD criticizing him did either tbh. Maybe a few did im sure...

but considering most here dont care for that type of music abd wouldnt care to even give the whole album a chance... im sure 80% are forming an opinion based on 2 or 3 tracks top that they know and on that basis decided it shouldnt have been nominated

ppl have a very nasty habit of forming opinions on things they know like 20% of the content or facts. And something tells me this is no different :emma:

im generalizing. Maybe u are one of the few that did for all i know

I guess I’m one of the few on here that actually listened and LIKED Lil Nas X’s 7 EP, it’s quite an interesting listen, the mix of genres that are present in that record. 

However, with that said, I was surprised it got an AOTY nomination. I’m not sure which genre category it was submitted to, but I feel like it should’ve been nominated for Best Pop Vocal Album OR Best Alternative Album instead of AOTY (whichever it was submitted into)

Economy
1 minute ago, KatieJudasGaga4 said:

That's a Panini

I don't think that was it... Could of been. I don't know

I just remember seeing his name attached to a song besides OTR but I can't remember what now

LilyLark
5 hours ago, Economy said:

Perhaps... but grammys dont just vote on commercial success this isnt a popularity contest like an MTV award so i wouldnt weigh that too heavily

now it was critically aclaimed thats true. But so were many others. Only so many can get nominated

Grammys heavily factor in commercial success along with campaigns and popularity with the general public. They always throw a few artists/albums in that don't have tremendous commercial success to mix it up, but sales plays a part.

I love Lil Nas X, but his EP was nowhere near as lauded as ASIB or Igor (Tyler the Creator's album) and yet he got an AOTY nod while Igor and ASIB were both shut out (yeah, I know Igor received a Best Rap Album nod and ASIB still had a ton of noms, but still). The thing is his EP had more legs than Igor, even if Igor had a bigger debut, and he was everywhere in the press....and ASIB is just old, unfortunately, and that worked against it.

Economy
3 minutes ago, Aquarius said:

I guess I’m one of the few on here that actually listened and LIKED Lil Nas X’s 7 EP, it’s quite an interesting listen, the mix of genres that are present in that record. 

However, with that said, I was surprised it got an AOTY nomination. I’m not sure which genre category it was submitted to, but I feel like it should’ve been nominated for Best Pop Vocal Album OR Best Alternative Album instead of AOTY (whichever it was submitted into)

If u say so. Can't say cuz I haven't heard it

It's just a pet peeves of mine for ppl to judge and make assumptions about something they know nothing about

I know for a fact a huge number of people that criticized Lil Naz nomination dont care for his style, never bothered to listen to it, probably only know Old Town Road and assume the entire album is crap without knowing any of the tracks on it besides OTR and maybe 1 or 2 others tops

They won't admit it but I know there's no way all  the large number of monsters giving their criticism actually even bothered to listen to it

It's a genuine pet peve. When ppl take sides in an argument before hearing both sides of the story, or go protest a corporations actions before all details are released... That kind of thing pisses me off

LilyLark
9 minutes ago, Aquarius said:

Same. I like his E.P., but I can't believe it received an AOTY nod over Tyler the Creator, Gaga, and others. I understand nods for OTR and even Panini, but the E.P.? Meh. At the end of the day tho, one has to remember the Grammys have always been full of f*ckery and weird choices.

Economy
Just now, LilyLark said:

Same. I like his E.P., but I can't believe it received an AOTY nod over Tyler the Creator, Gaga, and others. I understand nods for OTR and even Panini, but the E.P.? Meh. At the end of the day tho, one has to remember the Grammys have always been full of f*ckery and weird choices.

And always will be to most people

Yes u might be able to analyse some technicalities like vocals range and pitch, social impact etc..

But at the end of the day a lot of what makes art and music good is subjective and there will always be disagreements

Grammy voters are also human beings with their own opinions and tastes.

Sorcerer

I'll just drop that Lil Nas X's 7 has a 57 in Metacritic. A freakin 57!

ASIB was snubbed in AOTY and even reputable publications recognize that.

1 hour ago, Economy said:

I liked old town road (tho I do think it was overrated and blown out of proportion)

That's his only song I know tho so :sweat:

Actually I heard one other but I don't even remember the name

It was blown way out of preportion for sure but still a good track.

HausOfMiklaus

Again, I can only IMAGINE why people are targeting Lil Nas when there are seven other nominees in the damn category. Two of which barely appeared in predictive articles and didn’t even have much cultural Impact. Why is he singled out?

truthteller

you have no one but herself to be blamed for not fully milking the gems from ASIB the album.. the fact she couldnt even do a quick live performance at her double vegas show in any period of 2019 says it all. 

Archived