Yes or No  

50 members have voted

1. 1. A Star is ....

• Yes
    • No
    • Yes Ma’am

Featured Posts

TheRealJT

So at first I was a little irritated that ASIB didn’t get nominated for Album of the Year. But then I realized the album itself is a little mediocre, if we are looking at the album minus the film.  In context of the film songs like Heal Me and Why Did You Do That makes sense, but they are meant to be basic pop songs. 

The songs that deserved Grammy recognition got it. Shallow, Always Remember Us This Way and I’ll Never Love Again.  And the soundtrack got recognition in its proper category where the film is valued. 
After thinking about it that way, the only Gaga snub I see is her not getting a best pop song with ARUTW. (Also Bradley might of been snubbed with Maybe It’s Time. 
I hope she wins all the categories she is nominated for.  A SOTY win would be a pleasant surprise, but I think the chances of that are around 4%.  The Grammys sometimes surprise us though! 
What do you guys think? 

joannesrats

As a whole, the album may be kind of weak, but it is one of the biggest albums in recent history. It was number one, spawned a number one, grammy-winning hit, the movie it's from won hundreds of awards, etc. It had a huge social impact and the writing of the album itself is so good. I'm not surprised it didn't get a nom, and even if it did, I wouldn't expect a win. I'm not upset about it, not surprised, either. 

JustTea

Grammys are such a local thing. ASIB and Shallow were Global smashes, but they didn't perform so well in the US. No wonder why they don't give Gaga what she deserves... :madge:

androiduser

it did deserve it, yes, but in my opinion it didn't get nominated because it's an album from 2018 and by the time the voting took place, it was in people's mind as old news.

androiduser
Just now, PoggersFace said:

Grammys are such a local thing. ASIB and Shallow were Global smashes, but they didn't perform so well in US. No wonder why they don't give Gaga what she deserves... :madge:

they were both #1 smashes

3 minutes ago, PoggersFace said:

Grammys are such a local thing. ASIB and Shallow were Global smashes, but they didn't perform so well in the US. No wonder why they don't give Gaga what she deserves... :madge:

The US and the Grammys deserve to die right now:triggered: Not sorry

24 minutes ago, Vroom Vroom said:

The songs that deserved Grammy recognition got it. Shallow, Always Remember Us This Way and I’ll Never Love Again. 

ITA deserves more than any SOTY nominee and that's a fact:udidnt:

11 minutes ago, androiduser said:

it did deserve it, yes, but in my opinion it didn't get nominated because it's an album from 2018 and by the time the voting took place, it was in people's mind as old news.

25?

LGMonster95

Yes 100%. The album was highly successful, highly acclaimed and it had a big impact, there's not a single excuse for them for not nominating A Star Is Born especially when you see that last year they nominated Black Panther (much less successful and acclaimed soundtrack) and especially when you see what kind of albums they nominated. They just didn't wanted her there

Archived