💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Why was Lizzo nominated?

xoxo Craig

Featured Posts

xoxo Craig

I really don't get it. And its not really what I think of her or her music... she debuted in 2016, and the album that she is nominated was released a year later in 2017. How on earth is that fair?

And before you say "oh Joanne won last year, and Havana was nominated". Yes, its true. But they were different versions of the songs, Camila's was a live performance and Joanne was a piano version. Why is a project that was released TWO years ago eligible for Grammy noms? Just because she found mediocre success this year does NOT make her a new artist, and/or her album be new... the Grammys are a mess and a joke this year

Just saying :lana:

Thoughts?

End Racism Now

Streaming era, it's now about relevancy than release date.. it's more likely for old songs of new/unknown singers to become big hits years after their release date and you can't just ignore that..

Je ne parle pas français but I can padam if you like

sethrb101

I don't understand either :awkney:

I don't think the material is that great and it seems to break the rules.

Maybe someone else can point out why this is allowed?

#Gaga2020

GhettoFabulous

I don’t know either lol and I came here ready to defend her :lana: but yeah...how a song from 2 years ago made it still baffles me... :awkney: but oh well look at the bright side at least we know there’s hope  for sexx dreams to get a nom in the near future :diane:

joannesrats

Well she got nominated for best new artist because of Gaga - Gaga's impact changed the rules of Best New Artist. Additionally, the album was just more relevant now than it was before. I'm not upset about her nominations, though I don't predict who to really win any

Mirages

Because they have a little insurance in their eligibility period it's not only for songs released in that period but also that became popular during that period... :ohwell: you can check it out it says so on their website :giggle:

I'm the bitch that's fragile

Prismatic Light
1 minute ago, GhettoFabulous said:

I don’t know either lol and I came here ready to defend her :lana: but yeah...how a song from 2 years ago made it still baffles me... :awkney: but oh well look at the bright side at least we know there’s hope  sexx dreams to get a nom in the near future :diane:

Inb4 million reasons gets another nomination just because 

Be kind 🧡

Morphine Prince

I don't like her music. I only like one song from her. Just gonna say that straight up.

But it's definitely not fair. Hope she doesn't win anything.

ryansamonster

Cuz I Love You was released in 2019. She added Truth Hurts to the album after it started gaining steam. So technically I think the noms stem from being added to an album released this year. 

Are her noms not for Cuz I Love You?

RepentingSinner
23 minutes ago, xoxo Craig said:

she found mediocre success

I agree with the rest of the statement, except this. Gurl, mediocre? Smh.  

Y'all look salty af rn. :triggered: 

Life is easier when you're not bitter about the success of others ffs.

I don't understand pineapples, so I don't eat bananas.

xoxo Craig
On 11/20/2019 at 6:00 PM, Quasi said:

Y'all look salty af rn. :triggered: 

Life is easier when you're not bitter about the success of others ffs.

Well I'm sorry, its unfair and thats the tea. It makes no sense why a song is nominated for the 2020 grammys, having been released in 2017. You may like Lizzo, fine. But you cannot deny that Lizzo being nominated is 100% unfair. She shouldn't be nominated 

End Racism Now

56 minutes ago, GypsyBabe said:

I don't even know who she is. :poot:

Don't worry, outside of "stan culture", literally nobody knows her outside of the US

Archived