💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Why was Lizzo nominated?

xoxo Craig

Featured Posts

38 minutes ago, LittleLocoCoco said:

I agree with the rest of the statement, except this. Gurl, mediocre? Smh.  

Mediocre in the US, doesn't exist in the rest of the world. #Fact

That being said, I'm happy for her, she must be in shock right now

RepentingSinner
26 minutes ago, KEVIN STEVE said:

Mediocre in the US, doesn't exist in the rest of the world. #Fact

That being said, I'm happy for her, she must be in shock right now

Her success is what many other artist can only dream of. Mediocre? No.

1 minute ago, LittleLocoCoco said:

Her success is what many other artist can only dream of. Mediocre? No.

Well, her success at the GRAMMYs is huge right now for sure

StrawberryBlond

I keep forgetting the song's that old. Great point, nominating it makes a mockery of having an annual ceremony. It's bad enough that the Grammy deadline isn't January 1-December 31 like it should be but nominating tracks that were released years ago that have only just become successful now isn't fair on those who thought they were competing against this year's submissions. The Grammys have also nominated artists as best new artist before when they actually have been around a while but have just made a breakthrough. Not only this, Lizzo is nominated for 2 songs that weren't singles and aren't even clickable on Wikipedia. I didn't even know that was allowed. I've never seen an artist get given as much of a push as she has. If you'd asked me who was going to be the awarded person at this year's Grammys and you'd said Lizzo, I never would've believed you. It wasn't that long ago that the most awarded person of the night was the likes of Eminem, Beyonce, Jay Z, Kendrick Lamar. From that to Lizzo is so astonishing, I can't even.

5 hours ago, ryansamonster said:

Cuz I Love You was released in 2019. She added Truth Hurts to the album after it started gaining steam. So technically I think the noms stem from being added to an album released this year. 

Are her noms not for Cuz I Love You?

This is it. The rules on the Grammy site make this point. Since Truth Hurts is a part of the album it is *technically* eligible even if it feels bizarre because that song ain’t new. Basically, it’s Lizzo’s year and she coordinated a way to get Truth Hurts nominated. She played the game.

joannesrats
On 11/20/2019 at 1:02 PM, xoxo Craig said:

Well I'm sorry, its unfair and thats the tea. It makes no sense why a song is nominated for the 2020 grammys, having been released in 2017. You make like Lizzo, fine. But you cannot deny that Lizzo being nominated is 100% unfair. She shouldn't be nominated 

It was re-released in 2019 on the deluxe version of her album. They aren't breaking any rules 

xoxo Craig
8 minutes ago, PhillipBagshaw said:

It was re-released in 2019 on the deluxe version of her album. They aren't breaking any rules 

So if Gaga re-released The Fame Monster tomorrow with 3 new tracks, could The Fame Monster be nominated for next years Grammys?

End Racism Now

FfFfFfFF

She has the right hype and coolness around her name to be make the Grammys want to be associated with her and on top of that, her categories weren't that competitive. It's not a fair reflection of the quality of the music but this is how it works. :shrug: 

Her songs were submitted as album tracks even though they were released as singles before the deadline I think.

joannesrats
22 minutes ago, xoxo Craig said:

So if Gaga re-released The Fame Monster tomorrow with 3 new tracks, could The Fame Monster be nominated for next years Grammys?

Probably not as that is majority old material. Lizzo's album was majority new material with i think three old tracks for the deluxe. However, I want a TFM re-release for the 11th birthday

ALGAYDO
23 minutes ago, xoxo Craig said:

Theoretically, yes. She should’ve re-released TF and TFM for their 10 year anniversary, then submitted them to the Grammys for those AOTY noms :vegas:

xoxo Craig
2 minutes ago, ALGAYDO said:

Theoretically, yes. She should’ve re-released TF and TFM for their 10 year anniversary, then submitted them to the Grammys for those AOTY noms :vegas:

Why stop there? Re-release ARTPOP with TEA, Brooklyn Nights and Temple :vegas:

End Racism Now

ALGAYDO
Just now, xoxo Craig said:

Why stop there? Re-release ARTPOP with TEA, Brooklyn Nights and Temple :vegas:

She can save that for 2023 on its 10 year anniversary. Sexxx Dreams (2023 rereleased version) lead single here we go :vegas:

andy232000
33 minutes ago, xoxo Craig said:

Technically yes she could! Those hypothetical 3 new songs can earn nominations even if its a re-issue of an old album

Archived