💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Can ARUTW Win SOTY?

Enzo

Featured Posts

JustJames

It really stinks that the Grammys didn’t take the approach of this year - actually considering different criteria corn SOTY / ROTY - in years prior. I think Bad Romance and Pokerface were ROTYs but I think Shallow especially would have benefitted last year and nabbed one of the categories. 

I really wish the album had released prior to last year’s deadline and Shallow was saved for after October. 😐

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Alan123 said:

Yes it does. If Joanne won a Grammy this year, anything can happen. 

:sure:

툭 까보면 어김없이 소리질러와

Anderson123
12 minutes ago, Enzo said:

:sure:

I’m not saying it will lol but come on. It’s there for SONG of the year so of course it’s huge just to have the song be nominated, it has a chance. Same with Norman Rockwell, it’s so random that they actually nominated it. 

FameHookah

Industry plant billy eyelash will get it you kmow to get more hype for her album and stuff

The illuminati is pushing her HARD even tho Bad Guy is **** compared to ARUTW

WTF is MDNA

JustJames
1 hour ago, Alan123 said:

I’m not saying it will lol but come on. It’s there for SONG of the year so of course it’s huge just to have the song be nominated, it has a chance. Same with Norman Rockwell, it’s so random that they actually nominated it. 

The thing people point to as evidence that nominations like ARUTW and NFR have little shot at winning is that neither made the cut for Best Pop Solo, which is based on popular vote (as the winners in all categories will be), whereas Album, Song, and Record of the Year selections are chosen by a committee. In other words, “Truth Hurts” and “Bad Guy” made it into the top 5 most-voted Pop song submissions which would logically place them at a substantial advantage over committee-based choices that ranked lower.

Songs like “Lover” and non-Pop category songs can’t be compared as easily (“Lover” was not submitted to Pop Solo).

Anderson123
1 hour ago, JustJames said:

The thing people point to as evidence that nominations like ARUTW and NFR have little shot at winning is that neither made the cut for Best Pop Solo, which is based on popular vote (as the winners in all categories will be), whereas Album, Song, and Record of the Year selections are chosen by a committee. In other words, “Truth Hurts” and “Bad Guy” made it into the top 5 most-voted Pop song submissions which would logically place them at a substantial advantage over committee-based choices that ranked lower.

Songs like “Lover” and non-Pop category songs can’t be compared as easily (“Lover” was not submitted to Pop Solo).

So that explains Melodrama making it to Album of the Year but not Pop Vocal Album. I’ll never forget that mess. 

I can’t believe they played that album dirty but Divide won and Kaleidoscope EP made it. 

Archived