💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Can ARUTW Win SOTY?

Enzo

Featured Posts

Well firstly, I want to tell you my little memories with ARUTW.  It was october 6th when the soundtrack officially came out in my country. So, I tried to listen to every lady gaga songs on it, but right there, the track number 17 just sounded like sound of a heaven (I heard ARUTW for the first time here) then I became curious and I searched it on YT and finally I found a vid where it was the Venice premiere of ASIB, the video was about an 8-minute standing ovasion and I heard ARUTW playing in the background from the credit scene, therefore the lyrics and gaga's raw vocal totally took my heart. Came from nowhere, I heard Happiness yet sadness from it, especially the "Everytime we say goodbye, baby it hurts" parts... And I will never forget that feeling, maybe it was just another form of falling in love at the first sight  lol... 

Soooo, Since SOTY goes to the Songwriters who actually wrote the lyrics and/or melodies to the song then if it's the perfect world we're living in, it should go to  Gaga :ally:. But I see Lizzo, H.E.R, Lewis has a chance, followed by Taylor, Tanya, Lana, and Billie. If I were a member of the Academy, I would totally vote for gaga ofc:vegas:

*I apologize for my English for the reason that it's not my first languange* :kara:

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
gagzus

Isn’t SOTY awarded for Songwriting and Production? Gaga wrote the song as lead writer, played the piano (aka was involved in the production) and did it all live in one take. So i’d say if they take that into consideration we have a chance.

Chromaticunt
On 11/20/2019 at 2:24 PM, Levels said:

Gaga will NEVER win a General Field Grammy. Just accept it and move on.

Love your optimism. :enigma:

yes and

What if everybody votes for Ariana/Billie/Lizzo and their votes will be equal, and suddenly a small amount of people, voting for Gaga, will provide the winning for her :triggered:

Did you think I'd show up in a limousine? No

yes and
2 hours ago, littledjordy said:

*I apologize for my English for the reason that it's not my first languange* :kara:

Where are you from? Just wondering :enigma:

Did you think I'd show up in a limousine? No

doppelganger
On 11/21/2019 at 3:23 AM, Vroom Vroom said:

Yes.  Individual songs have a bigger chance of winning this year than they did previous years.  There’s only two artists that are nominated in both ROTY and SOTY.  If Lizzo and Billie do not win ROTY, then Gaga’s chances of winning goes up by 30%

Hard Place?

doppelganger

I think Billie will win two general categories max. BNA and maybe ROTY. 

I doubt Gaga will win SOTY, just because there are three songs nominated for both ROTY and SOTY.  I think HER has a better chance than Lizzo, how many times has an artist won SOTY on their first nomination (Amy, Alicia Keys did though but their albums were seminal pieces of work) ?  

Luna Lovegood
On 11/25/2019 at 9:00 PM, doppelganger said:

I doubt Gaga will win SOTY, just because there are three songs nominated for both ROTY and SOTY.  I think HER has a better chance than Lizzo, how many times has an artist won SOTY on their first nomination (Amy, Alicia Keys did though but their albums were seminal pieces of work) ?  

Lorde did with Royals. 

luna’s advocate

Luna Lovegood
On 11/25/2019 at 9:00 PM, doppelganger said:

I feel like SOTY mostly goes to HUGE HITS songs if you see recent years. That’s a what I like, This is America, Hello, Royals etc. ARUTW has no chance lmao. I know Gaga sometimes surprise us with her Grammy wins (Joanne piano ver. for example) but that category isn’t in one of the general field. I think Truth Hurts or Bad Guy might Block Gaga from getting SOTY. 

luna’s advocate

andy232000

The only chance ARUTW has is if Truth Hurts and Bad Guy split the votes. Even so, Norman ****ing Rockwell and Lover still have a bigger shot in that scenario. But if these last two also split votes then ARUTW has a shot. Regardless it wont be enough. 

Luna Lovegood
10 minutes ago, andy232000 said:

The only chance ARUTW has is if Truth Hurts and Bad Guy split the votes. Even so, Norman ****ing Rockwell and Lover still have a bigger shot in that scenario. But if these last two also split votes then ARUTW has a shot. Regardless it wont be enough. 

with our luck it’s not happening lmao ASIB OST can’t even get a nom for AOTY and you expect ARUTW to snatch SOTY? that’s like 1/1000000 chance of it happening. What you said is true though, either Truth Hurts & Bad Guy split votes then it has a chance to win. Even then, we still have NFR and Lover to lookout for lmao

luna’s advocate

23 minutes ago, River Phoenix said:

HUGE HITS

23 minutes ago, River Phoenix said:

This is America,

:triggered:

툭 까보면 어김없이 소리질러와

Luna Lovegood
9 minutes ago, Enzo said:

:triggered:

Debuted at #1 on Hot 100 when it was released, 65.9 million streams in us alone after a week of release, over 600 million YT views, did i stutter?

luna’s advocate

Archived