• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
KatieJudasGaga4
3 minutes ago, ANTI WP said:

both songs are snoozefest and overrated as f

Songs that the academy loves, we be knew

Gagaism

It’s haaaaaaard just by the fact that the song was not an official single and also not commercially well enough compared with others. It can be a surprise but, unlikely tbh.

I just think that ASIB should be nominated for AOTY at least for honor. It was one of the best selling and acclaimed albums last year, this is a shame.

mmmmonster

Tbh, Shallow became as big as it was because of the movie moment (which was magical) / the "OOOOH OH OH OH OHHH" / the whole Bradley + LG rumor.  It is a solid song and deserved all it wins earlier this year  because it was the strongest contender in the mix for all the categories it won in, but ARUTW is (to me and people I've discussed this with, both non-fans and stans) a much better song overall by far.   It's not just the best ASIB track, but  one of her career bests in general AND it appeals to a wide range of audience (ahem voters).

I understand the decision to focus on Shallow during the awards season, but I'll never understand why Interscope didn't seize her post-Oscars popularity to push ARUTW.  Had that happened, there would be more than one nomination for the song and much better odds to win.  Would love to see her win in a general category FINALLY and would be delighted if it's for one of my favorite songs, but given what's happened, I'm not so sure now.

4 hours ago, Levels said:

Gaga will NEVER win a General Field Grammy. Just accept it and move on.

Inb4 she snatches ROTY with LG6. :firega:

4 hours ago, Levels said:

Gaga will NEVER win a General Field Grammy. Just accept it and move on.

Why not ? In the future, maybe she'll come back like Cher did with Believe. 

hello hello baby.

No. But don't forget we won a Grammy for Heal Me last year.

In the movie, at least :awkney:

❗️ IG: thebumblebee__ ❗️

TheRealJT

Yes.  Individual songs have a bigger chance of winning this year than they did previous years.  There’s only two artists that are nominated in both ROTY and SOTY.  If Lizzo and Billie do not win ROTY, then Gaga’s chances of winning goes up by 30%

Maybe. But the GRAMMYs don't always award talent, as seen last year when they awarded inclusion over talent (This Is America stealing SOTY from Shallow).

Archived