Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
event

GRAMMYs Nominations 2020

monsterdino

Featured Posts

HoneyB

If Bey wins a Grammy for Sprite I will scream-:lmao:

This is...Idek how to react-

At this point wbk the Grammys are trash so Idc anymore as long as Gaga and Bey secure at least one Grammy win I’m cool with it

giphy.gif?cid=4d1e4f29ba5f8b1de1117148ba

It's not like they need them anyway, they’re already legends!:shrug: at this point Grammys are just decorations for their house:shrug:

💋 𝕊𝕥𝕖𝕡 𝕐𝕒 ℂ𝕠𝕠𝕜𝕚𝕖𝕤 𝕌𝕡💋🍪

• Replies 448
  • Created
  • Last Reply
StrawberryBlond

Genuinely shocked at the inclusion of ARUTW but then looked it up to discover that it was indeed within the eligibility period, I assumed it had missed its chance. Don't think it has a hope of winning, though. And to see that IWNLA got nominated despite only having an limited release as a single in a few territories is also mindblowing. Best soundtrack was a given but am shook at it missing out on AOTY. If Black Panther could get nominated despite not selling as well or being as beloved, then how in the world did this one not make the cut? It was the bestselling album of 2018/19 worldwide and was a critical hit. It won countless awards including a BAFTA, Golden Globe and Oscar. This is undoubtedly one of the biggest Grammy snubs of all time, utterly inexplicable. Suggests that the academy knew if they nominated her, she would win and don't want her to for some reason. I so despise award show politics. I totally think the fact that she featured the ceremony in the movie was a huge part of what helped her gain those nominations and wins (I'm honestly surprised no haters have brought this up - I've literally never heard this complaint once) as the academy loves artists who treat their ceremony with respect and consider their awards to be an honour. So I'm surprised that this wasn't enough to get her an AOTY nomination.

But let's be clear, I am beyond happy with these nominations. I genuinely didn't expect any songs other than Shallow to get nominated because they were given nowhere near the same push or even really considered to be singles. These 2 nominations are freebies, let's be real. But I did so believe that AOTY was a foregone conclusion. But in the back of my mind, I didn't really want Gaga to win for a soundtrack album that she was going to share with someone else. I'd much rather she won for a solo studio album. That way no one can say that a guy or a much more successful person got her that award. And think about it, this has already resulted in backlash and considering that Gaga's been nominated 3 times for AOTY with no joy and now experiences this monumental snub, they may well reward her patience and time in the industry with the award for her next album.

By the way, for all of you saying that the fact that the album's so old hurt its chances of a nomination - this has never been an issue for the academy. Taylor's 1989 and Adele's 25 won AOTY despite being over a year old by the time of the awards. In fact, this is actually one of the biggest criticisms of the Grammys - that they award music that's too old and out of the public consciousness as opposed to music that actually came out in the calendar year and is much more current and at the forefront of people's minds. All the more reason why this snub makes no sense.

Jose P

Rooting for Billie or Lana for AOTY.

Rooting for Gaga for SOTY.

Rooting for Billie for Best New Artist.

The Best Pop Duo/Group Performance is probably the shittiest one. 

Rooting for BMTH’s amo for Best Rock Album.

But the Grammys are full of **** so I’m ready for them f*ck it up as per usual.

Please just give Gaga at least one win. Please give Billie what she deserves against the trash she’s up against. Please give BMTH their Grammy ffs.

What the **** are those AOTY nominations, Lil Nas.... how, only really good album on that list is NFR... so she better win.

Spirit being nominated is literal trash 

I've got an "F" and a "C" and I got a "K" too And the only thing that is missing is a bitch like "U"

CanadaGoesGaga

The tea is... 1989, Reputation... played them over and over. 

Lover, listened through once and never looked back at it again. 

Lana getting a 2 noms is all I care about! If she doesn’t win at least one I will absolutely yell, she deserves it out of everyone :neyde: NFR was the best album this year, period and everyone knows it. 

SPIRIT getting noms, I’m logging out of twitter this week :lmao:

retroglamx

I just hope Lana finally gets a Grammy. NFR really contains some of the best material she's ever put out.

Pink flamingos always fascinated me.

imnotyourbabe10

Where are Madame X's nominations?

https://i.imgur.com/Zb7fGAt.gif

As much as I'm not a Madonna stan, I thought that album stood out this year.   As well as Dido, Marina and Banks (but of course the Grammy's won't pick those up).

Yay for Lana and Gaga!

[EDIT: Why the heck wont' imgur embed? Grr!]

sampool

I really hope she doesn't attend. They snubbed the **** out of her, and they'll give her one award if they were too kind. 

Doncho
8 minutes ago, sampool said:

I really hope she doesn't attend. They snubbed the **** out of her, and they'll give her one award if they were too kind. 

3 nominations is not a snub lmao. AOTY sure is, but everything else was fine. She will win soundtrack anywayyy :sis:

monsterdino

My personal predictions

Abum of the Year
Billie Eilish - When We All Fall Asleep Where Do We Go

Record of the Year
Lil Nas X - Old Town Road

Song of the Year
Lady Gaga - Always Remember Us This Way

Best New Artist
Lizzo

Best Pop Solo Performance
Billie Eilish - Bad Guy

Best Pop Duo/Group Performance
Lil Nas X - Old Town Road [ft. Billy Ray Cyrus]

Best Pop Vocal Album
Billie Eilish - When We All Fall Asleep, Where Do We Go?

Best Rap Album
Tyler, the Creator - IGOR

Best Alternative Music Album
Bon Iver - i,i

Best Compilation Soundtrack for Visual Media
Lady Gaga & Bradley Cooper - A Star Is Born OST

Best Song Written for Visual Media
Beyonce - Spirit

(yes I do think that Gaga will snatch SOTY call me delulu, also Ariana might snatch in some of the pop categories)

Archived