Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

news

Golden Globes dress returned to Valentino

CannaeDrive

That hotel should have returned the dress a long time ago, bunch of slackers :saladga:

Algorithm, the beat.

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
LaLa
3 minutes ago, elijahfan said:

Celebrities use this hotel very often for high profile ceremonies, the employees surely know the gowns aren't owned by the celebrities themselves but are loaned by fashion houses. When they found the dress, it never occurred to them they could just hit Valentino up? NOBODY from the hotel, or the police, thought of doing just that? I'm sorry, but there's definitely something fishy going on, I think it's very convenient for this maid to say everything was done to return the dress, when they didn't even contact the fashion house, which should have been the first thing to do, but whatever... now it's back in safe (and honest) hands.

Oh for sure the hotel themselves could have done more, it would have taken them 2 seconds to find out who this belonged to. But who knows, maybe they did call  somebody and it was never followed up on. Obviously something strange went on.

But none of that has to do with the maid. She found it, dropped it off in lost and found, and went on to cleaning the next room. It's not her job to try and google Valentino's number or whatever lol 

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest

Im quite shocked at this, when i work right now if a customer leaves something behind they have a total of 7 days to collect it then after then another 7 days then for the person who found it to claim it. But Valentino would want the dress back i guess for the archive.

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
elijahfan
16 minutes ago, monster78619 said:

K but it was there for months on end. There’s few places for the dress to be, Valentino could easily have contacted the hotel as well. People leave **** at my work all the time, if I decided to keep something and months down the line someone says “hey that’s mine I want it back” id say “tough **** you can’t have wanted it that bad as you didn’t bother asking if we had it” :laughga:

It's still not very honest ;)

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
littlepotter
22 minutes ago, elijahfan said:

Celebrities use this hotel very often for high profile ceremonies, the employees surely know the gowns aren't owned by the celebrities themselves but are loaned by fashion houses. When they found the dress, it never occurred to them they could just hit Valentino up? NOBODY from the hotel, or the police, thought of doing just that? I'm sorry, but there's definitely something fishy going on, I think it's very convenient for this maid to say everything was done to return the dress, when they didn't even contact the fashion house, which should have been the first thing to do, but whatever... now it's back in safe (and honest) hands.

What exactly in "the police investigated and found no crime was committed" is obscure to you? :oprah: Little detectives wildin

won't you come with me?

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
elijahfan
14 minutes ago, LaLa said:

Oh for sure the hotel themselves could have done more, it would have taken them 2 seconds to find out who this belonged to. But who knows, maybe they did call  somebody and it was never followed up on. Obviously something strange went on.

But none of that has to do with the maid. She found it, dropped it off in lost and found, and went on to cleaning the next room. It's not her job to try and google Valentino's number or whatever lol 

She did try to make loads of money out of it though, so I don't feel like she's as squeaky clean as she pretends ;)

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
elijahfan
2 minutes ago, littlepotter said:

What exactly in "the police investigated and found no crime was committed" is obscure to you? :oprah: Little detectives wildin

Doesn't feel like they put a lot of effort into it. Just had to read the tag to know who to return this to. They're the Los Angeles police... if they don't know how these things work, then they should really all change jobs.

And in the end the dress was returned, so I guess they ended up feeling like something wasn't legally right there ;)

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
Economy
1 hour ago, gagzus said:

Absolutely not :rip: the maid committed theft pure and simple- the dress is owned by Valentino and Gaga rented it, the maid took it without permission instead of returning it or giving it to the police and then attempted to sell it online for thousands of dollars. That’s literally theft and money laundering 💀 lock that bitch up

I agree its theft. Money laundering tho? :rip:

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
ALGAYDO

She should be compensated. She turned it in to the lost and found. Nobody came to pick it up, not even a phone call. The policy was that, after months of being in the lost and found bin, the person who turned it in gets to keep it. Plain and simple. She should’ve easily made almost 20 grand off of it. Yet she decided to return it instead. She deserves something for following the proper procedures and then not getting to reap the rewards. Otherwise, it’s a huge slap in the face and a middle finger to her. 

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
gagzus
2 hours ago, LaLa said:

Well the police investigated and found no crime was committed :shrug:. She found the dress, followed the proper lost-and-found procedures at the hotel, and then once a set amount of time had passed (months!) it was given to her as per the hotel's policy. Not her fault it fell through the cracks with whoever was supposed to pick it up. 

Tbh I find it hard to believe that Gaga- the woman who has an archive of fashion in a warehouse and has Michael Jackson memorabilia stores away would forget about a dress she rented from one of the biggest Italian fashion houses for a HUGE event.

2012ga is my aesthetic

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
gagzus
54 minutes ago, Economy said:

I agree its theft. Money laundering tho? :rip:

Girl don’t ask me I was high when I commented on this thread at the time 🤡 :rip:  I think I was thinking because when you launder money you spend money on things to get rid of stolen money, and idk girl :rip: 

2012ga is my aesthetic

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
lestyoufall
5 hours ago, monster78619 said:

K but it was there for months on end. There’s few places for the dress to be, Valentino could easily have contacted the hotel as well. People leave **** at my work all the time, if I decided to keep something and months down the line someone says “hey that’s mine I want it back” id say “tough **** you can’t have wanted it that bad as you didn’t bother asking if we had it” :laughga:

How are they supposed to know they need to contact the hotel for the dress when they didn’t know it was there? The hotel however had the contact info for Gaga’s team because you need to put down contact info to stay at a hotel & they could’ve contacted them or gotten in touch with Valentino to let them know they had left the dress there but instead they let it sit in “lost & found” (cause this is kindergarten?) & the maid then took the dress after doing “all they could.” Sorry but that’s not how the real world works, we don’t just own things that someone doesn’t claim because they didn’t know where it was. It also doesn’t matter whether they “wanted it that bad” or not, ITS THEIR PROPERTY tf?!?! I’ll make sure to never lose something around you cause damn your morals are f*ckedT 😂

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
Luke78619
48 minutes ago, lovedillon said:

How are they supposed to know they need to contact the hotel for the dress when they didn’t know it was there? The hotel however had the contact info for Gaga’s team because you need to put down contact info to stay at a hotel & they could’ve contacted them or gotten in touch with Valentino to let them know they had left the dress there but instead they let it sit in “lost & found” (cause this is kindergarten?) & the maid then took the dress after doing “all they could.” Sorry but that’s not how the real world works, we don’t just own things that someone doesn’t claim because they didn’t know where it was. It also doesn’t matter whether they “wanted it that bad” or not, ITS THEIR PROPERTY tf?!?! I’ll make sure to never lose something around you cause damn your morals are f*ckedT 😂

Because it’s a feckin massive expensively dress that Gaga didn’t wear to the zoo, or shopping, or hair salon, or McDonald’s, there’s only like two places it could have been if she lost it :laughga: it’s not that hard to track this mf dress down if they put the effort into it 

if hotel staff find something, they never contact you to tell you they found something :sharon: I’ve left behind so much **** at hotels, they might keep it in case you come back and ask if they have it. And that’s exactly what happened, and they didn’t ask the hotel if they had it. Simple. 

I don’t want anything of yours thanks lol 

insta: good_lukeing | I have nothing else to promote

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites

×
×
  • Create New...