đź’™ HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT đź’š

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
performance

Katy Perry serves vocals in India (full set)

Bradley

Featured Posts

Prismatic Light
2 hours ago, RAMROD said:

Her best effort yet.

tenor.gif

Exactly, terrible right? I'm sure you can do much better :enigma:

Be kind 🧡

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Daylight Jokers

Did she have fillers on? She seems a bit different. Anyway, she did pretty awesome. Some pitchy moments here and there but it's understandable.

Bradley
2 hours ago, Borislshere said:

Katy still serves the best remixes though. That's one thing i love about her shows, She always has new mixes and incorporates different songs. I'd love for gaga to do that. As much as i love just dance, i need something new other than a 10 minute intro. 

Michael Bearden rearranged many of the songs though. The live versions of her songs sound very different from her studio versions.

2 hours ago, Ziggy said:

Looks great, great production, fun remixes, her vocals were dec, but I have one question: Who is her vocal coach or was? Not because she's terrible, but because she pronounces things in such an odd manner in live shows and that is something that she would have been taught because she hardly speaks in such an exaggerated way. It's not shade, I'm just plainly curious because no one else sounds like her and it has a tendency to make people think she sounds "bad" at times because of it.

I don't think it needs to be taught? Like singing automatically makes you exaggerate the enunciation of words. Like Baby sounds completely different in speaking and in singing. People sing 'bay bay' and of course we could play with so many words.

Borislshere
4 minutes ago, Bradley said:

Michael Bearden rearranged many of the songs though. The live versions of her songs sound very different from her studio versions.

The only difference i hear is  the addition of the live band. No remixes or "new" versions. At least not on Katy Perry level 

9 minutes ago, Bradley said:

I don't think it needs to be taught? Like singing automatically makes you exaggerate the enunciation of words. Like Baby sounds completely different in speaking and in singing. People sing 'bay bay' and of course we could play with so many words.

Well but take Beyoncé’s RnB infused intonations compared to Gaga’s more theater ones. That’s what I mean. Like, you’re totally right to a certain degree, but with a singing coach, they teach you how to move your mouth because it affects the sound that comes out of it and how it sounds. For instance, when Gaga scrunches her face and nose up she’s usually giving some distortion to a note versus “cleaner” notes like she will do for jazz and such she won’t do that. Choral singers, for example, have their mouths quite wide to get very large, elongated sounds. It all affects the technique of the vocalist! So what I mean is that Katy is often hitting notes fine but I’m curious who taught her to sing in the manner she does because it is not a style that I could commonly place.

andy232000

Decent show! It felt like a greatest hits concert! What I do love about it is how she re-invents all her past songs with new mixes and instrumentals so they sound different each time. Someone who has been using the same god damned musical arrangement of her songs for 10 years should the notes on how to vary her tracklisting instead of justa adding a guitar and drums for 3 bars:fthis:

Bradley
53 minutes ago, GrigioGirl1 said:

The title and OP don't match. The title praises her then your OP kinda trashes her.

Is your world just black and white, right or wrong, love or hate?

There are many dimensions to a live performance. I loved the vocals, but thought there was a lack of choreography, theatricality and reinvention.

I can't believe I even need to explain this. :air:

Bradley
2 hours ago, Borislshere said:

The only difference i hear is  the addition of the live band. No remixes or "new" versions. At least not on Katy Perry level 

I feel like that's a deliberate choice though. Gaga wants to retain the originality of her songs whereas Katy changes almost the entire thing sometimes, especially with Chained to the Rhythm. The original synths are often gone.

It's a matter of preference I guess. Gaga did rearranged the instrumentals though.

2 minutes ago, Bradley said:

Is your world just black and white, right or wrong, love or hate?

There are many dimensions to a live performance. I loved the vocals, but thought there was a lack of choreography, theatricality and reinvention.

I can't believe I even need to explain this. :air:

The title is misleading..just an observation.

Bradley
1 minute ago, GrigioGirl1 said:

The title is misleading..just an observation.

How is it misleading? I praised her vocals both in the title and in the OP.

At what point did I say her vocals were bad?

Bradley
2 hours ago, Ziggy said:

Well but take Beyoncé’s RnB infused intonations compared to Gaga’s more theater ones. That’s what I mean. Like, you’re totally right to a certain degree, but with a singing coach, they teach you how to move your mouth because it affects the sound that comes out of it and how it sounds. For instance, when Gaga scrunches her face and nose up she’s usually giving some distortion to a note versus “cleaner” notes like she will do for jazz and such she won’t do that. Choral singers, for example, have their mouths quite wide to get very large, elongated sounds. It all affects the technique of the vocalist! So what I mean is that Katy is often hitting notes fine but I’m curious who taught her to sing in the manner she does because it is not a style that I could commonly place.

I didn't know this could be taught. Like personally I always thought that's just something musicians or even amateur singers develop by themselves, that it'd come with experience.

I listen to Gaga a lot and I think I've to some extent been influenced by her so I'm grateful that I kinda know how to do some of them. :diane:

4 minutes ago, Bradley said:

How is it misleading? I praised her vocals both in the title and in the OP.

At what point did I say her vocals were bad?

The title made it seem like it was gonna be a good performance

9 hours ago, Prismatic Light said:

If you all wonder about the choreography, she used to dance for real during the Witness Tour tho, also this concert is just the same setlists with the same stage she's been using since post-Witness era, so nothing new or special for fans:emma:

But she looks and sound gorgeous, I'd just like her to change the set tbh, she's been performing the same setlists / set since last year :flutter:

She did change the setlist order a bit tho ... Opening with Chained to the Rhythm, moving Bon Appetit way up, singing Wide Awake, adding Harleys in Hawaii, etc. 

Prismatic Light
1 hour ago, Savage said:

She did change the setlist order a bit tho ... Opening with Chained to the Rhythm, moving Bon Appetit way up, singing Wide Awake, adding Harleys in Hawaii, etc. 

I know there were little changes, just pointing out that after all it was almost the same thing (the set and the backdrops for example) since last year and from the WTT. It was so good but if course, Im already curious to see something different 

Be kind 🧡

Archived