đź’™ HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT đź’š

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Paulina Rubio vs. Thalia: Who's your favorite Mexican Queen?

Bambino

The ULTIMATE Mexican Queens   

37 members have voted

1. 1. Who's your favorite Mexican Queen?

Featured Posts

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I love how OP keeps saying Thalía is still relevant and successful because of her hubby. This is false. If this was true, if Thalía really had wanted Tommy Mottola’s immense influence and help, she would have become one of the biggest international Latin acts ever, if not the biggest, right from the get-go. Thalía could have been bigger than Shakira, Ricky Martin and JLo, because she literally had every single resource at her fingertips, but she instead chose to live the closest thing to a normal life, while retaining her fame in Mexico, Hispanic US, and Latin America. She chose the perfect balance of comfort, family, and career, and nobody can blame her for that. Paulina fans literally hate her for absolutely ZERO reason, it’s quite pathetic. It’s not Thalía’s fault she’s successful, talented and stunning, and has transcended decades, trends, and generations flawlessly and gracefully.

Bambino
13 hours ago, Juanjo said:

Paulina fans literally hate her for absolutely ZERO reason, it’s quite pathetic. It’s not Thalía’s fault she’s successful, talented and stunning, and has transcended decades, trends, and generations flawlessly and gracefully.

If she's so successful and all the things you said, why do her fans feel so insecure to the point where they feel like they have to call Paulina a hasbeen/done for?

alextruper17

I didn’t expected this. Lol

ive always thought Paulina vs Thalia was a local thing. Where r u from Bambino?

Miss Americana & The Heartbreak Prince

Bambino
3 hours ago, alextruper17 said:

I didn’t expected this. Lol

ive always thought Paulina vs Thalia was a local thing. Where r u from Bambino?

I mean you'd imagine that it should be a Latin thing at least :toofunny: but for someone who's not Hispanic but highly interested in Latin pop culture (Paulina mostly) it's normal to know about that feud. :hor:

alextruper17
1 minute ago, Bambino said:

I mean you'd imagine that it should be a Latin thing at least :toofunny: but for someone who's not Hispanic but highly interested in Latin pop culture (Paulina mostly) it's normal to know about that feud. :hor:

I remember I used to watch the tv specials about this in TV Azteca.

I never took a side honestly. Is it true it all begin because of Erik Rubin?

Bambino
Just now, alextruper17 said:

I remember I used to watch the tv specials about this in TV Azteca.

I never took a side honestly. Is it true it all begin because of Erik Rubin?

Paulina was the lead singer of Timbrichi up until Thalia joined and they had to share that role, which caused some clashes between the two, that and in addition to the Erik rumors. But both said they were once close friends in that band, but they did have a real catfight on stage in a live concert because one wanted the microphone and the other didn't want to give it to her.

Actually, Paulina did a new interview just yesterday where she was asked about Thalia's rivarly and here's what she said.

"ÂżLa rivalidad con ThalĂ­a es real o inventada por los medios?

Al principio, estábamos en la misma banda de niños y nos peleábamos por quién cantaba más. Pero eso ya es parte del pasado. Estando en el cuarto piso, aprendes mucho de las cosas. Yo quiero ser mi mejor versión. No quiero ser perfecta y no lo seré nunca, porque soy terrenal, de carne y hueso."

Do you speak Spanish?

alextruper17
1 minute ago, Bambino said:

Paulina was the lead singer of Timbrichi up until Thalia joined and they had to share that role, which caused some clashes between the two, that and in addition to the Erik rumors. But both said they were once close friends in that band, but they did have a real catfight on stage in a live concert because one wanted the microphone and the other didn't want to give it to her.

Actually, Paulina did a new interview just yesterday where she was asked about Thalia's rivarly and here's what she said.

"ÂżLa rivalidad con ThalĂ­a es real o inventada por los medios?

Al principio, estábamos en la misma banda de niños y nos peleábamos por quién cantaba más. Pero eso ya es parte del pasado. Estando en el cuarto piso, aprendes mucho de las cosas. Yo quiero ser mi mejor versión. No quiero ser perfecta y no lo seré nunca, porque soy terrenal, de carne y hueso."

Do you speak Spanish?

Yes, I speak spanish.

Paulina sounds so more mature. Is not that she wasn't before. But I remember an interview when I think Paulina invited Thalia to the premiere of her new album, something like a party, and then she acted like she was there to ruin the release.

I don't know what happened. I don't even remember if it was Paulina's new album or Thalia's. All I can remember is that it was a MESS!

Bambino
2 minutes ago, alextruper17 said:

Yes, I speak spanish.

Paulina sounds so more mature. Is not that she wasn't before. But I remember an interview when I think Paulina invited Thalia to the premiere of her new album, something like a party, and then she acted like she was there to ruin the release.

I don't know what happened. I don't even remember if it was Paulina's new album or Thalia's. All I can remember is that it was a MESS!

Yeah, both of them are much more mature now and they say nice stuff about each other.

Actually, that was in 2004, Paulina was at the top of her game. She had a #1 song and a #1 album on Billboard. She was everywhere. Thalia threw a release party for her album and invited her close friends and the media. Paulina showed up uninvited and drew all the attention of the media to her. Thalia was mad because she felt she was ignored at her own party, saying that Paulina was not her friend and that's why she didn't invite her.

alextruper17
4 minutes ago, Bambino said:

Yeah, both of them are much more mature now and they say nice stuff about each other.

Actually, that was in 2004, Paulina was at the top of her game. She had a #1 song and a #1 album on Billboard. She was everywhere. Thalia threw a release party for her album and invited her close friends and the media. Paulina showed up uninvited and drew all the attention of the media to her. Thalia was mad because she felt she was ignored at her own party, saying that Paulina was not her friend and that's why she didn't invite her.

Yes. I remember the 8 yo me listening to Paulina all the time. Thalia had some 90s hits but then she disappeared.

I hope things go better for Pau. Thalia is going reggaeton. Good for her, but not my style. No me acuerdo was a bop tho.

I don't know what direction Paulina is going to take. Pop is not a safe option anymore.

Bambino
1 minute ago, alextruper17 said:

Yes. I remember the 8 yo me listening to Paulina all the time. Thalia had some 90s hits but then she disappeared.

I hope things go better for Pau. Thalia is going reggaeton. Good for her, but not my style. No me acuerdo was a bop tho.

I don't know what direction Paulina is going to take. Pop is not a safe option anymore.

For now she said she's going to focus more on tours and concerts rather than releasing a new album, but she'll keep releasing singles. She says the industry has changed and that's true.

Pop is best for them both even if it's not a safe option anymore.

8 hours ago, Bambino said:

If she's so successful and all the things you said, why do her fans feel so insecure to the point where they feel like they have to call Paulina a hasbeen/done for?

Idk, I can’t speak for the very few Thalía fans who still feel like attacking Paulina, I really don’t get it, it’s cringey af. Although, I don’t think insecurity is the reason, as Paulina is not a threat to Thalía in any way. The only time this might have been the case would have been in the early 2000s and that’s just in terms of popularity. Thalía and Paulina are both on two very different levels, that’s just the reality. I do genuinely hope Paulina gets another shot at success.

Archived