💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Paulina Rubio vs. Thalia: Who's your favorite Mexican Queen?

Bambino

The ULTIMATE Mexican Queens   

37 members have voted

1. 1. Who's your favorite Mexican Queen?

Featured Posts

KURUSHITOVSKA
2 minutes ago, _Scheisse said:

Oh,

and now that we are getting that specific, In the last year Thalia got 72 million views on Spain. That’s around 7 Paulinas  together lol.

Thanks to a reggaeton song that nobody knew was from Thalia. 

1 minute ago, _Scheisse said:

All I’m reading is: my fave was a judge on the  x factor, has got Grammy nominations , made reggaetón tracks and still flopped. 

I said Paulina isn't my fave can you read at all hon. You're just talking about recent times, I'm talking about 2000-2015 when people actually cared and bought albums, you can see how many gold and platinum albums Paulina has in Spain, and how many Thalia has. Good night 

¿Qué currículum tiene ésta tarántula?

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Runway
15 minutes ago, Cervaantes said:

Didn’t Paulina just get dropped by her label? I mean :rip: 

Her contract ended but the fact her Label didn’t even attempt to keep her in their roster by renewing her contract  says it all :lmao:

DonatellaPop
3 hours ago, Bambino said:

giphy.gif

I thought this was Britney for a second :triggered:

#PaulinaFTW

https://blacklivesmatter.com/

Lmao Why is this still a question? But since you bring it up, again, you forgot to mention about 90% of Thalía’s achievements, including her Hollywood Walk of Fame star and her being the top-selling Mexican female singer of all time, but it’s all good, boo. Peace and love, causa y efecto! Oh, btw, Thalía is still pissed she’s not at the #1 on BB. :sharon:

JusKeepBreathin

I can't believe all the votes for Thalia. Lol

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." -Martin Luther King Jr.

The Bling
2 hours ago, KURUSHITOVSKA said:

Last time Paulina had a hit outside Mexico was 2014 Mi Nuevo Vicio (Song of the Summer in Spain). Last time Thalia had a hit outside mexico or latin america was Arrasando. Paulina's just been on the Spanish version of The Voice. No one is jealous of Thalia's success, it just doesn't make any sense that you're all saying Pau is forgotten and a thing from the past when that isn't true. Is Thalia even touring nowadays? She was an actress before being a singer and she married that powerful man in the bussiness that launched her career. Pau did it all by herself from 1992, 27 years ago. 27.

Thalia's greatest moment of her musical career was arguably Piel Morena-Amor a la mexicana-Arrasando, when she wasn't even married to Mottola so bringing that up is irrelevant

Paulina's last hit was Mi Nuevo Vicio from 2014, a collab that was huge here only in Spain lol

Thalia's last hit was No Me Acuerdo from 2018, which just hit 1B views on youtube

Y'all can't really believe they're on the same level :awkney: Thalia has 10 times more subs that Paulina, hell, Paulina's most viewed video can't even reach 70M views :awkney:

And Thalia doesn't tour nor promote because she's lazy lol that has nothing to do with relevancy

Sigmund Freud, analyze this

Bambino
18 hours ago, _Scheisse said:

They are obviously well supported by the GP but that cult base that Thalía has built is something that Paulina has not been able to maintain throughout the years and that’s why she has not able to score even a decent hit anyways. This is coming from an objective analysis not just stan wars lol

The fact that Thalia has had a little more success than Paulina recently doesn't she's better than her. This is the music business for you dear. I mean, Nicki Minaj is receiving the Billboard Women in Music award, and that's Nicki Minaj. It's all about promotion and support from big labels and these are two things Thalia has secured thanks to her husband's connections as he was the CEO of Sony Music, the label she's currently signed to. This is a true fact that you can't deny. Remember than Thalia's 2008 Lunada flopped so hard because it was her last album with EMI and they didn't offer any promo or support so yeah it plays a big important role in making a hit.

It's also true that while Paulina keeps making great music, she does need lots of big changes in her career, from her stylist to her team. Sadly, she doesn't have the smartest team ever and she missed out on huge opportunities in the past. I mean, out of all the successful reggaeton artists, they chose Alex and Fido for her when she could've had Maluma for example? Something that Shakira also did. Paulina's absence from releasing albums for 7 years didn't help her either but this doesn't mean that she's over or done. Y'all are way too underestimating of her and are obviously fans of who's successful at the moment.

18 hours ago, The Bling said:

Paulina stans being jealous of Thalia's success part 902

Get over it, Paulina's done for, Thalia's not

At least try not to be pressed and embarrassing about it

Paulina is anything but done :toofunny: She proven to be a Mexican hurricane and no one can change that. 

18 hours ago, Cervaantes said:

Didn’t Paulina just get dropped by her label? I mean

No she wasn't dropped by her label. Her contract ended and she'd rather go independent and make whatever music she likes rather than being controlled by a label. If she wanted to renew, she would've done that just like she did it many years ago around the era of the X Factor or so. But she wanna be her own boss now.

18 hours ago, _Scheisse said:

All I’m reading is: my fave was a judge on the  x factor, has got Grammy nominations , made reggaetón tracks and still flopped. 

Add to that Paulina has her album PAULINA on the list of the best-selling albums in Mexico's history, something that Thalia doesn't.

Her album PAULINA was also the best selling Latin album in the US in 2001, where it was certified platinum many times, something that Thalia didn't have.

Paulina was the first and the only Mexican female artist to attend, get nominated, perform and present at the VMAs. Thalia never landed a foot at that event.

Paulina was nominated twice for the Grammy Awards for Best Latin Pop. Thalia? Nope.

Paulina has 5 #1s on Billboard, the last was in 2012, which also makes it the last #1 single by a solo Latin female artist on the Latin Billboard. Thalia's last #1 was in 2002 or so.

But oh well, I guess none of that matters because people watched la maldita lisiada and made fools of themselves doing the me oyeeeen, me escuchaaan? :usrs:

You, just like Mexican media, never say anything good about her just because.

17 hours ago, Runway said:

Her contract ended but the fact her Label didn’t even attempt to keep her in their roster by renewing her contract  says it all :lmao:

She doesn't want them anymore because they weren't supportive of her. She had to leave and I'm glad she did. Paulina isn't your typical blonde tonta that you control. In the 90s, she had to pay EMI to let her go despite that her contract wasn't over. They were too controlling of her and now that her Universal Music contract ended, she chose to go and make her own stuff like the pro she is.

Runway
Just now, Bambino said:

The fact that Thalia has had a little more success than Paulina recently doesn't she's better than her. This is the music business for you dear. I mean, Nicki Minaj is receiving the Billboard Women in Music award, and that's Nicki Minaj. It's all about promotion and support from big labels and these are two things Thalia has secured thanks to her husband's connections as he was the CEO of Sony Music, the label she's currently signed to. This is a true fact that you can't deny. Remember than Thalia's 2008 Lunada flopped so hard because it was her last album with EMI and they didn't offer any promo or support so yeah it plays a big important role in making a hit.

It's also true that while Paulina keeps making great music, she does need lots of big changes in her career, from her stylist to her team. Sadly, she doesn't have the smartest team ever and she missed out on huge opportunities in the past. I mean, out of all the successful reggaeton artists, they chose Alex and Fido for her when she could've had Maluma for example? Something that Shakira also did. Paulina's absence from releasing albums for 7 years didn't help her either but this doesn't mean that she's over or done. Y'all are way too underestimating of her and are obviously fans of who's successful at the moment.

Paulina is anything but done :toofunny: She proven to be a Mexican hurricane and no one can change that. 

No she wasn't dropped by her label. Her contract ended and she'd rather go independent and make whatever music she likes rather than being controlled by a label. If she wanted to renew, she would've done that just like she did it many years ago around the era of the X Factor or so. But she wanna be her own boss now.

Add to that Paulina has her album PAULINA on the list of the best-selling albums in Mexico's history, something that Thalia doesn't.

Her album PAULINA was also the best selling Latin album in the US in 2001, where it was certified platinum many times, something that Thalia didn't have.

Paulina was the first and the only Mexican female artist to attend, get nominated, perform and present at the VMAs. Thalia never landed a foot at that event.

Paulina was nominated twice for the Grammy Awards for Best Latin Pop. Thalia? Nope.

Paulina has 5 #1s on Billboard, the last was in 2012, which also makes it the last #1 single by a solo Latin female artist on the Latin Billboard. Thalia's last #1 was in 2002 or so.

But oh well, I guess none of that matters because people watched la maldita lisiada and made fools of themselves doing the me oyeeeen, me escuchaaan? :usrs:

You, just like Mexican media, never say anything good about her just because.

She doesn't want them anymore because they weren't supportive of her. She had to leave and I'm glad she did. Paulina isn't your typical blonde tonta that you control. In the 90s, she had to pay EMI to let her go despite that her contract wasn't over. They were too controlling of her and now that her Universal Music contract ended, she chose to go and make her own stuff like the pro she is.

They don’t support her because she is unable to get hits, sell albums or Tour :rip: it’s only going even more downhill now without a label to support her :deadbanana:

Bambino
5 minutes ago, Runway said:

They don’t support her because she is unable to get hits, sell albums or Tour it’s only going even more downhill now without a label to support her

Mi Nuevo Vicio was certified 2× Platinum in Spain and Gold in Mexico because it was hugely promoted by the label unlike the rest of the singles. Keep in mind that Mi Nuevo Vicio was also a song featuring an unknown, new band named Morat :usrs: Universal is just mean to her for some reason. It's been this way since Gran City Pop. Deseo was a great album. Suave y Sutil is an amazing song that should've been #1 everywhere but it wasn't.

Her most recent single, Si Supieran, which she released independently, debuted on Billboard, becoming the first song to debut there since 2015's Mi Nuevo Vicio. If you ask me, Si Supieran is an okay song and doesn't compare to the Deseo singles.

Doesn't this tell you anything?

Bambino
9 minutes ago, Bio said:

No one in Brazil knows who the **** Paulinha Rubro is. Maria do Bairro on the other hand is QUEEN.

Fixed.

Archived