💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Paulina Rubio vs. Thalia: Who's your favorite Mexican Queen?

Bambino

The ULTIMATE Mexican Queens   

37 members have voted

1. 1. Who's your favorite Mexican Queen?

Featured Posts

La Rosalia
5 minutes ago, KURUSHITOVSKA said:

Last time Paulina had a hit outside Mexico was 2014 Mi Nuevo Vicio (Song of the Summer in Spain). Last time Thalia had a hit outside mexico or latin america was Arrasando. Paulina's just been on the Spanish version of The Voice. No one is jealous of Thalia's success, it just doesn't make any sense that you're all saying Pau is forgotten and a thing from the past when that isn't true. Is Thalia even touring nowadays? She was an actress before being a singer and she married that powerful man in the bussiness that launched her career. Pau did it all by herself from 1992, 27 years ago. 27.

No me acuerdo peaked at #4 on the Spotify daily chart in Spain. Peaking higher than any other territory (including Mexico and Latin America).

it seems like Paulina stans have a really deluded perception or reality. Or is it that they are stuck in the 2000s with their fave’s success that they don’t even know what’s popular anymore?

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply
KURUSHITOVSKA
24 minutes ago, _Scheisse said:

What you really don’t understand is that what has made songs like No Me Acuerdo, Desde esa noche, etc. Viral in the first place, is the constant support from her (mostly gay) fans.

They are obviously well supported by the GP but that cult base that Thalía has built is something that Paulina has not been able to maintain throughout the years and that’s why she has not able to score even a decent hit anyways. This is coming from an objective analysis not just stan wars lol.

And that new video is not even from a single, it’s to commemorate the release the release of her album a year ago. It has not got any kind of support from her nor the label. She’s busy focusing on the Grammy week and getting award for her long lasting and successful career.

If we're gonna talk about awards... Thalia has never been nominated for a Grammy but has won a LATIN Grammy for "best engineered" while Paulina was nominated twice at the Grammys for best latin album.

¿Qué currículum tiene ésta tarántula?

La Rosalia
Just now, KURUSHITOVSKA said:

If we're gonna talk about awards... Thalia has never been nominated for a Grammy but has won a LATIN Grammy for "best engineered" while Paulina was nominated twice at the Grammys for best latin album.

So you’re telling me that despite being recognized by the academy she’s over and forgotten now?

Wow, ok. Her downfall is worse than I thought.

KURUSHITOVSKA
4 minutes ago, _Scheisse said:

No me acuerdo peaked at #4 on the Spotify daily chart in Spain. Peaking higher than any other territory (including Mexico and Latin America).

it seems like Paulina stans have a really deluded perception or reality. Or is it that they are stuck in the 2000s with their fave’s success that they don’t even know what’s popular anymore?

Pau isn't even my fave and I'm not stuck anywhere. Nobody in Spain knows that song is by Thalia, it just peaked there like ANY other reggaeton song released on a big label. 

KURUSHITOVSKA
3 minutes ago, _Scheisse said:

So you’re telling me that despite being recognized by the academy she’s over and forgotten now?

Wow, ok. Her downfall is worse than I thought.

I'm telling you that all Thalia's praise is thanks to those crappy telenovelas that only marujas aburridas watch because channels buy them because they're cheap and no one cares about them anymore. while Paulina's career has been on for more than 25 years with just her music. She's even been on X Factor US, come on.

La Rosalia
1 minute ago, KURUSHITOVSKA said:

Pau isn't even my fave and I'm not stuck anywhere. Nobody in Spain knows that song is by Thalia, it just peaked there like ANY other reggaeton song released on a big label. 

Any other reggaetón song*

*Excluding Paulina’s attempts, despite being released under a big label and having collabs.

KURUSHITOVSKA

Any other reggaetón song*

*Excluding Paulina’s attempts, despite being released under a big label and having collabs.

Those who collaborated with Paulina are unknown in Spain and the songs weren't promoted because Mi Nuevo Vicio was still being played on the radio and charting, that's why they included it in her latest album despite being released 5 years ago. Thalia's song was promoted a lot and even like that people didn't give a **** about her, that's why Paulina even got to be a judge on The Voice, and Thalia instead released a song that just went viral because she did a funny video while being drunk at her husband's house. tiki tiki ti taka taka ta. 

La Rosalia

https://charts.youtube.com/artist/%2Fm%2F06w447c?date_end=2019-11-13T00%3A00%3A00Z&hl=es-419

unknown having +25M views in Spain during a year?

Paulina only scored 10M. Hopefully she becomes as unknown as they are there.

1 minute ago, KURUSHITOVSKA said:

Those who collaborated with Paulina are unknown in Spain and the songs weren't promoted because Mi Nuevo Vicio was still being played on the radio and charting, that's why they included it in her latest album despite being released 5 years ago. 

KURUSHITOVSKA
Just now, Cervaantes said:

Didn’t Paulina just get dropped by her label? I mean :rip: 

That's not true. Her contract ended, they didn't promote her enough, etc. Thalia has made music because she's married to Motola lmao, she is not THAT talented

KURUSHITOVSKA

https://charts.youtube.com/artist/%2Fm%2F06w447c?date_end=2019-11-13T00%3A00%3A00Z&hl=es-419

unknown having +25M views in Spain during a year?

Paulina only scored 10M. Hopefully she becomes as unknown as they are there.

It says 1.25 milion in Spain tho? 

KURUSHITOVSKA

S

Switch the tab to “last 12 months”

Still means nothing. We are talking about new artists of a genre that is really popular, that have no fans at all because they don't care about the singer's when it's reggaeton. Paulina has been really successful in the past in Spain, during two decades, you're comparing someone on a legend  status (because her career still lasts and even though she is a flop now, she's had it before) with two reggaeton singers.

La Rosalia

Oh,

and now that we are getting that specific, In the last year Thalia got 72 million views on Spain. That’s around 7 Paulinas  together lol.

La Rosalia

All I’m reading is: my fave was a judge on the  x factor, has got Grammy nominations , made reggaetón tracks and still flopped. 

Archived