Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Shawn Mendes branded ‘coward’ by Taylor's fans

Bambino

Featured Posts

StrawberryBlond
On 11/17/2019 at 2:53 PM, Morphine Prince said:

“I studied US culture for years” and then you post this :lmao: 

Obviously since whites are the majority their figures will look smaller but considering other groups are minorities and are disproportionately shot and incarcerated... your take on this is misguided.  

Big yikes. This entire thread is an embarrassing mess. 

I understand it's a bigger blow to smaller communities but it doesn't change the fact that whites are being shot at the same rate for the same things. It's not a case of "they're white, so don't shoot them." Almost all the cases I've seen of police shooting anyone in the US is because they were walking/running away, pointing a gun at officers and refusing to put it down after multiple requests to do so or resisting arrest. The top three things you should never do if you don't want to get yourself killed by police. That goes for everyone. As I said before, if guns weren't legalised over there and anyone could carry one, the cops wouldn't be anywhere near as paranoid and therefore trigger happy. It's gun reform we need to look at before all else because it's destroying the country more than anything else. Yet, even those on the side of gun control never bring up the idea of this potentially stopping cops from shooting people. They seem to think race issues and gun control are two completely different issues that never intertwine.

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Morphine Prince
9 minutes ago, StrawberryBlond said:

I understand it's a bigger blow to smaller communities but it doesn't change the fact that whites are being shot at the same rate for the same things. It's not a case of "they're white, so don't shoot them." Almost all the cases I've seen of police shooting anyone in the US is because they were walking/running away, pointing a gun at officers and refusing to put it down after multiple requests to do so or resisting arrest. The top three things you should never do if you don't want to get yourself killed by police. That goes for everyone. As I said before, if guns weren't legalised over there and anyone could carry one, the cops wouldn't be anywhere near as paranoid and therefore trigger happy. It's gun reform we need to look at before all else because it's destroying the country more than anything else. Yet, even those on the side of gun control never bring up the idea of this potentially stopping cops from shooting people. They seem to think race issues and gun control are two completely different issues that never intertwine.

No, it's "they're black, they must be up to no good, let's shoot them" and many times they aren't resisting arrest or doing any of the things you shouldn't do. It's straight up prejudice. A black woman was killed inside her home just last month in my state. She was playing video games with her nephew and the police thought she was an intruder. 

Nobody thinks the issues aren't intertwined. Obviously the availability of guns has created a culture where being shot at is more of a possibility. Mix it in with US race issues and you get instances like the many we know of.  It's important to note many poorer communities with more minorities which have more crime also have more guns. 

Archived