Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
other

A Basic Guide On The Teletubbies

gagaschickens

Featured Posts

gagaschickens

Hi sisterns:derpga:

Ill be guessing you're here, to start stanning the Teletubbies. Ill be sectioning out all the information,  so here is a teletable of contents for you, because you'll be learning a whole lot.

1. The characters and their characteristics

2. Basic storyline of each episode

3. The Teletubbyland

4. Costumes, tubbydome and behind the scenes

5.  My favorite original series episodes

6. The reboot series

7. Basic background on the original series

1. The characters and their characteristics

The Teletubbies' basic characters are the four Teletubbies and Noo-Noo.

Tinky Winky

Tinky Winky is the purple, biggest, as well as oldest teletubby. He has a triangly antenna. He is a gentle and kind character, who is often found hanging out with Po, but sometimes with Dipsy and Laa Laa.

He made the show really controversial at the time, because he carried around a luggage (or magic bag, as described by BBC) which looked identical to a women's handbag. In 1998, a controversy sparked that he was homosexual, because he was purple (the gay pride color) and had a triangly antenna (the gay pride symbol), as well as acted all feminine and carried a red, women's bag.

Dipsy

Dipsy is the second, green Teletubby with a straight antenna. That's because he's straighter than Tinky. Dipsy is a very swaggy, stylish and sarcastic tubby, who is often seen hanging out with Laa Laa.

Laa Laa

Laa Laa is the second smallest tubby. She speaks in a gibberish type accent and is very bubbly and girly. She's yellow and has a curly antenna. She is most often seen playing with her orange ball, and hanging out with Po and Dipsy, sometimes even Tinky Winky.

Po

Po is the smallest, and youngest teletubby. She loves riding ha scootah, and is of Cantonese descend. Thus, she counts in Cantonese and says fa-dit a lot.

Noo Noo

Noo Noo is a great sport for the teletubbies. It's a creepy vacuum cleaner, to clean after their mess. 

2. Basic storyline of each episode

Each teletubbies episode begins with the sun baby+theme song. Then, the teletubbies might do something quick like a dance, a song or start eating, or something more time consuming, like eating. Then, the windmill starts spinning and they go to the place the magic event takes place. Then, they usually watch children do stuff through the screens on their stomachs, and the same video plays again, so two times. Then, depending on the time left in the episode, they do something random, dance or listen to music. In many episodes, there can be a second magical event, such as the lion and the bear, or the dancing bear. Each episode lasts approximately 24 minutes.

3. The Teletubbyland

The Teletubbyland is the land on which the teletubbies live. The set is located in rural Warwickshire, England, at Sweet Knowle Farm, Redhill Bank Rd, Whimpstone, CV37 8NR (between Stratford upon Avon (where William Shakespeare live) and Shipston on Stour, close to the River Stour). In the reboot series, they film indoors, using a blue screen rather than a outdoor set. 

After the production wrapped up in 2001, the Teletubbyland was flooded by the owner, because people would jump fences to visit it. Thus, its now a lake, under which there is still the tubbytronic superdome structure.

4. Costumes, tubbytronic superdome and behind the scenes

The costumes of the teletubbies are absolutely giant, ranging from whoping 6'6'' to 10' tall. That's probably taller than you. Also, the actors couldn't wear the costumes too long because some bad shet would build up in it. They were able to see and breathe through the mouth of the tubbies.

The tubbytronic superdome was the house of the teletubbies, with a main control center, around which were their beds, their table and the tubby toast and tubby custard machine. It had several windows, as well as two doors, in the front and the back. Also, there was a slide from the top through which they could get in and out of the house.

For some behind the scenes photos, watch this.

also, here is who's behind the costumes

5. My fav'rite original series episodes

Enjoy responsibly:vegas:

i personally always skip the magical events, they're boring as shet.

here are some clips of dances

6. Reboot Series

The reboot series premiered November 2015 on CBeebies, almost the same. The concept was the same, at least.

There are different actors, the inside of the tubbytronic superdome is changed, the Noo Noo is orange, and there are many, many new stuff. Such as the Tubbyphone, Tubbyslide and the Tubbycar. 

It's pretty worthy to mention the Tiddlytubbies, baby versions of the teletubbies. These have also been controversial, since many took them from the perspective that they are the children of the teletubbies.

7. Basic background on the original series

The original series, created by Anne Wood and co-produced by BBC, debuted March 31st, 1997. There were 365 episodes, before the production wrapped up for good in 2001. 

----------------------------------

This took over an hour and a half to write, so be grateful. Use this as you want, maybe start stanning them. Also, please dont attack me, and if you read this far, congrats!

リのひ ᄃム刀'イ 尺乇ムり イんノ丂, ᄃム刀 リのひ?

gagaschickens
2 minutes ago, Craven Moorecox said:

I’m gonna woop your a$$. You need to stop
Lisa-Rinna-trying-to-choke-Kim-Richards.

if you dont read the threads, you can pretend they never existed:tea:

Craven Moorecox
14 minutes ago, gagaschickens said:

----------------------------------

This took over an hour and a half to write, so be grateful. Use this as you want, maybe start stanning them. Also, please dont attack me, and if you read this far, congrats!

I feel like an a$$ now:enigma:

kaelergrey

I actually enjoy reading this. Gave me an insight on the teletubbies. :wub:

Honestly, I know them but dont know anything about them (do i make sense? lol). Thanks for the read.:legend:

Always Remember That You Are Special, You Are Beautiful and You Are Loved 

myluis617

Teletubbies stan I See, I use to watch then when I was in puerto rico it was my favorite. I use to get sad when the sun would go down 🤣🤡Ill habe fun reading through this. 

gagaschickens
30 minutes ago, billygrey said:

I actually enjoy reading this. Gave me an insight on the teletubbies. :wub:

Honestly, I know them but dont know anything about them (do i make sense? lol). Thanks for the read.:legend:

i didnt either when i started watching. did you enjoy reading?

Lemon Pie

One curious thing is that I used to tell the Teletubbies "Telebubis" and in English that would be Tele-tits :laughga:

𝖎 𝖜𝖆𝖓𝖙 𝖞𝖔𝖚𝖗 𝖘𝖙𝖚𝖕𝖎𝖉 𝖑𝖔𝖛𝖊

gagaschickens
16 minutes ago, BadGurlMadge11 said:

Duh we could’ve just guessed if you posted the title trash:whitney:

im just messin dårling don’t @ me:bon:

no teletubbies isnt trash dont u dare say that again otherwise you're banned from the planet

gagaschickens
2 minutes ago, VenusHooker said:

4432414.jpg

TINKY WINKY ISNT A PERVERT

JustinTrudeau

I too want to be brave enough to embrace myself, be purple, and carry a handbag.

Someday.

I fell down the stairs once as an actor.

Archived