💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Why Gaga is the perfect winner for AOTY than others

Luna Lovegood

Featured Posts

Bradley

I actually can't see it not at least getting a nomination. The nomination is a lock by now.

But I agree with you. I can't see middle-aged white conservative men crowning Billie Eilish as an Album of the Year winner with her first attempt, when Gaga didn't win it with The Fame.

Gaga has proven herself to be a legend and people are saying she's overdue for an Album of the Year Grammy. Billie still needs two or three more eras to prove herself as an established artist.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sanne Godijn
3 minutes ago, Bradley said:

I actually can't see it not at least getting a nomination. The nomination is a lock by now.

But I agree with you. I can't see middle-aged white conservative men crowning Billie Eilish as an Album of the Year winner with her first attempt, when Gaga didn't win it with The Fame.

Gaga has proven herself to be a legend and people are saying she's overdue for an Album of the Year Grammy. Billie still needs two or three more eras to prove herself as an established artist.

Agree and i feel like those middle aged men will not apriciate or understand billie ellish music

I'd be surprised if Billie snatches the win... I actually feel like ASIB has a pretty damn strong chance at winning, but then again, Shallow lost SOTY at the last one - which I thought was a sure win for it. I also thought Million Reasons would win Best Pop Solo. 

The soundtrack has the big hit single, the sales (I'm pretty sure it's at least in the Top 5 of the bestselling albums of the year, second to Taylor???). Good chance indeed

Luna Lovegood
27 minutes ago, Rio said:

I'd be surprised if Billie snatches the win... I actually feel like ASIB has a pretty damn strong chance at winning, but then again, Shallow lost SOTY at the last one - which I thought was a sure win for it. I also thought Million Reasons would win Best Pop Solo. 

The soundtrack has the big hit single, the sales (I'm pretty sure it's at least in the Top 5 of the bestselling albums of the year, second to Taylor???). Good chance indeed

I mean I kinda understand why shallow lost against TIA. The song addresses the wider issue of gun violence in the United States, the high rate of mass shootings in the United States, along with longstanding racism and discrimination against African Americans. So obviously they have to give it to TIA and also Shallow was still fairly new during the voting period. For ASIB I seriously cannot any valid reasons to not let ASIB win AOTY other than Billie’s debut and even that it’s very unlikely.

luna’s advocate

Daylight Jokers

The only albums I can see competing with ASIB are NFR and Lover. Any of these three, I'll be happy. Tho Gaga needs to win that award. She's been nominated for it three times already.

5 minutes ago, River Phoenix said:

I mean I kinda understand why shallow lost against TIA. The song addresses the wider issue of gun violence in the United States, the high rate of mass shootings in the United States, along with longstanding racism and discrimination against African Americans. So obviously they have to give it to TIA and also Shallow was still fairly new during the voting period. For ASIB I seriously cannot any valid reasons to not let ASIB win AOTY other than Billie’s debut and even that it’s very unlikely.

Sorry but Shallow deserved Song Of The Year. That particular award rewards excellence in songwriting, TIA wasn't a well written song, nor an example of stellar songwriting craft, like Shallow. It was awarded for political reasons - I was totally happy with it winning Record Of The Year, I loved the song.

Good point on the AOTY part. I feel there same. It'll be a disgrace if Taylor GRAMMY bias gets in the way of Billie or Gaga. 

HeavyCapiLover

I agree that she is the one that deserves the most this year but in term of quality NFR is the one that compets the most with ASIB

Luna Lovegood
13 minutes ago, Rio said:

Sorry but Shallow deserved Song Of The Year. That particular award rewards excellence in songwriting, TIA wasn't a well written song, nor an example of stellar songwriting craft, like Shallow. It was awarded for political reasons - I was totally happy with it winning Record Of The Year, I loved the song.

Good point on the AOTY part. I feel there same. It'll be a disgrace if Taylor GRAMMY bias gets in the way of Billie or Gaga. 

You know what I agree. SOTY should’ve been shallow while TIA could’ve brought home ROTY only instead but well it’s over and done with. I just hope Grammys gets it right for 2020. Praying 

tenor.gif?itemid=13110034

luna’s advocate

Luna Lovegood
1 minute ago, HeavyCapiLover said:

I agree that she is the one that deserves the most this year but in term of quality NFR is the one that compets the most with ASIB

That’s true, but in that case ASIB has other advantages too. ASIB has the most awarded song, Impact, classics like ARUTW and SHALLOW, has won 2 Grammys etc. for the Grammy voters to recognise how powerful that album was. NFR has quality that’s true but ASIB also has it under its belt. Again, quality is objective but I can see Grammy voters leaning towards ASIB tbh. But I would be more than happy if NFR get the nom for AOTY.

luna’s advocate

Luna Lovegood
4 minutes ago, Alvaro Moreno Ullrich said:

Dont forget that grammys always dissapoint

Gosh I remember back then for Grammys 2018... both GGD and Twitter had a meltdown over a week or two.. I literally had to stop using social media for a week when that night happened because the meltdown was surreal lmao 

luna’s advocate

HosedDownGypsy
11 minutes ago, Alvaro Moreno Ullrich said:

Dont forget that grammys always dissapoint

Joanne (how did I get this Grammy?) says hi :kiss:

RAIN ON ME

Alvaro Moreno Ullrich
7 minutes ago, HosedDownGypsy said:

Joanne (how did I get this Grammy?) says hi :kiss:

We all know whoever chose that had a stroke at the moment. But yaaaaas Joanne

PACGAGA

Well just have to wait and see. There’s a lot of disadvantages with ASIB according to expert predictors and critics soo...

Asib is exactly the type of album they go for if we remember majority of past winners, but the academy has been criticized heavily for this especially recently for not awarding diversity and awarding the same thing- there’s a chance the voters wants to step away from sonically similar projects. 

also, I’m gonna have to agree with the critics who feel as if the large gap between the Oscars til now of no one from ASIB doing anything will hurt it. Yes it sold good WW but Gaga, Bradley, and all the people who worked on the album left it for dust after the Oscars. 

and a lot of critics who predict asib ALWAYSSSS say how the Academy could ignore it becuase they feel it’s always gotten it’s awards, with Grammys and an Oscar (I know some of y’all feel as if the Oscar win is a good thing, but imo it’s all the reasons to not give it aoty). Again these aren’t my words though, you can google and prediction that predicts asib and likely it’ll state this. 

but I feel like it’s a lock for a nom for the fanbase to feel satisfied, but we know how they Grammys are... so it’s better to not give any high hopes. 

Lazzarus

It would be amazing if she wins AOTY, but I will be happy even with the nomination and a win in Best Soundtrack category + in Best Pop Performance or whatever other, so that Gaga can finally be a double-digit Grammy winner 

105731842-1549904051530gettyimages-10977

Archived